OOC: Election ties

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

OOC: Election ties

Postby jamescfm » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:17 pm

Although it has not been an issue thus far, in the future we are likely to end up with a tie between two countries for an ordinarily-elected Security Council seat. In the past the winner would've been voted for by the permanent members but they no longer exist. For the election to Seat E, I have adopted the rule that the country that held the seat most recently is not elected but I would like to formalise the procedures for all seats. Below is my proposal.
If there is a tie between two (or more) countries then the country who has held the seat least recently is elected and where this does not resolve the tie, the elected country will be determined by lottery.

Does anybody have any issues with this system, or have an alternative proposal that they would like to have considered?
jamescfm

Re: OOC: Election ties

Postby jamescfm » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:18 pm

Closing this thread and assuming that most people are happy with the current system.
jamescfm

Return to Sessions Archive