52nd General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

52nd General Assembly Session

Postby jamescfm » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:40 pm

Below are the archived discussions of the 52nd General Assembly Session.

Image Mr. Akkin Bal, General-Secretary of the World Congress:
Following the 4885 Security Council elections, the World Congress welcomes governments, political parties and other organisations to the 52nd General Assembly Session.
jamescfm

Re: 52nd General Assembly Session

Postby ChengherRares1 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:20 pm

Image Justin Baar, Serene Representative of Lodamun:
Lodamun will continue to work under the same format and reaffirm confidence in the serene delegation led by Justin Baar.
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:28 pm

Kasper Braun Dolgavian Representative to the World Congress

Dear Esteemed Members of This Assembly,

I would like to take this time to bring up the warmongering that has been coming from Likatonia. They have repeatedly been aggressive towards Keymon and accused Keymon of serious charges of sending Terrorists. The Dolgavan Empire would like to condemn Likatonia and we hope the rest of the GA agrees with us on this. Threatening and warmongering are unacceptable especially when Keymon has repeatedly tried to fix the situation but Likatonia doesn't care. Shame on Likatonia, Shame on you!
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby LC73 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:51 am

Melanie Jensen, Likatonia's World Congresss Representative

Dear assembly,

The government of Likatonia is as angry as most other countries at these messages and tweets for parties outside the governemnt. The current government is current working with Keymon to open up an international ferry service between the two countries and allow some freey movement between the two lands. However it is unlikely this is going to pass as parties which oppose the treaty have over 1/3rd of the seats in the Likatonian Senate. I hope that the assembly knows that the party who is spreading this message was kicked out of government after the message claiming Likatonia has strong military. They will also stay out of government untill they accept to have a positive realtions with other countries. We hope this calms the nerves of the rest of the countries in the assembly and shows that the current government in Likatonia cares.
LC73

Postby ChengherRares1 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:36 am

Lodamun would wish to tell a word or two on the recent situation our neighbor Likatonia involved itself in. As fervent supporters of peaceful resolution, moderation and wisdom, Lodamese delegates came to several conclusions over the matter.

First and foremost, Likatonia does have it's fault, but not as the nation itself for threatening Keymon, but rather acting slowly against the less polite members of the Cabinet, as well informing quite late this Augustine body on the Likatonian situation. However, we appreciate their move to stamp out such false rethoric from extremist partie and their virulent propaganda.

Secondly, Lodamun believes that a peaceful resolution can be made, with Keymonese and Likatonians acknowledging both that these lies and attacks on Keymon were mere acts of bad behavior from Likatonian cabinet members, specifically the Defence ministry and should not be taken as canon. Lodamun is again happy to hear that the nations made incremental but important steps toward peace and cohabitation with a treaty.

However, lastly, we dislike Dolgavian actions, as very rushed and without any aid to the regional peace. We understand Dolgavian's will to protect other nations as well dedication to world peace, but Lodamun believes that this "white savior knight" stance is not the way for peaceful resolutions. It would be better if Dolgavia would attempt at communication with Likatonia and Keymon rather than interfere into Seleyan maters. For analogy, Dolgavia is protecting and renown to care for Kerisian sphere and not let other nations, such as Endralon to interfere with their sphere and region. This is not that bad, but it is saddening to see Dolgavians doing the same thing that they dislike: interfering in other regions and disrupting the local order of things and peace. While Dolgavia wants peace, their methods are off. Lipmaa doctrine being talked about again, Dolgavians arming Valruzia as well cooperating with Keymon seem normal and rightful, but in this context it merely aims in our eyes preparations for war and a move that is not peaceful at all. How, when searching peace, makes sense to move army in an intimidating way against other nation? Either Dolgavia makes peace through wars, which is not the right way when peaceful resolution is clearly possible and better alternative, or Dolgavians really do not wish peace but rather an opportunity to encroach on Seleyan continent as well pursue their political interests.

We are sorry for our slight accusing wording, but Lodamun wishes more than anything clarification from Dolgavia, patience, usage of World Congress and communication as tools for a diplomatic solution rather than plan to intimidate a fellow sovereign nation by arming it's neighbors. I hope Dolgavian delegation offers answers and accepts to a peaceful resolution rather acting like some kind of medieval savior knight of a locked princess in a tower.
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby LC73 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:28 pm

Dear Assembly,
The current government of Likatonia fully agrees with the points made by Lodamun and would push for peace in the region. However we do feel threatened by these new military bases so Likatonia would like Dolgava to clarify that they will not attack Likatonia and that these bases will only be used in defence. Without this condition being met we would have to allow other nations to build military bases in the region to protect us. I would also like to emphaises that this former minister and her partyhas not been in government for a few years and my party would like to keep it that way. I would like to finish off by saying that Keymon is a friend of the current government and we trying to work together.
Last edited by LC73 on Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LC73

Postby jamescfm » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:48 pm

Image Ms. Fahime Khalili, Aldegarian Permanent Representative to the World Congress:
Aldegar shares many of the concerns raised by both the Lodamese and the Likatonian delegations. In recent years the foreign policy of Aldegar has been clearly and openly stated: our priority has been regional peace and stability within Seleya. In close cooperation with partners throughout the continent we have worked on numerous initiatives to this end including the Seleyan Free Travel Area and most importantly the Seleyan Intergovernmental Council (of which Likatonia, Lodamun and Valruzia are all members).

For this reason it is confusing and disappointing that Valruzia would seek outside interference from a foreign "empire" before turning to regional partners for support. With respect to the Dolgavan delegation, they have no justifiable interest in Seleya and it is a hostile manoeuvre to attempt to seize control of the region and exert their influence. Aldegar respects the concerns of all nations and we understand the threat that NACTO poses to peace and stability in the northern hemisphere however the appropriate response to this threat is not to retaliate with the same reckless and ill-informed patterns of behaviour.

Aldegar therefore urges both sides of this dispute to leave aside the tools of aggression and militarism in the international sphere and focus on achieving compromise and progress through diplomatic dialogue. In the past century we have seen this approach succeed consistently in relation to a host of issues that threatened international peace. Aldegar will be glad to support and facilitate this dialogue in whatever manner other nations see fit.
jamescfm

Postby LC73 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:56 pm

Finaly, I would like to emphaises to the assembly that the Likatonia government belives that the opposition should have a voice which is not connected to the government. Previously some nations have taken opposition statements as statements for the government and even implying that the opposition can't speak about topics because they are not part of the government. This is not on and if implemented would be a threat to the current democracy in Likatonia. This has also been emphasised by the opposition, showing this is a bipartisan topic in Likatonia. I hope that this has cleared up any confusion some members of the chamber had.
LC73

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:12 pm

Kasper Braun Dolgavian Representative to the World Congress

I apologize to everyone that I am late in responding. I will try to bring up these concerns 1 by 1. You all raise important points but I do think that these fears are a bit over the top considering that we have never done anything aggressive in the region before and our track records of promoting peace in Terra.

I am relieved to hear that the party in question is not in power in Likatonia. I also am happy to hear that they are being shunned out of Government by the Likatonian parties devoted to peace in the region. I apologize if I generalized too much about Likatonia when I was simply observing the conflict of words and not partaking in them. Also I will stick with Likatonia and their concerns. I can assure the Likatonian representative that Dolgava will only attack in a defensive battle. We do not have a shoot first policy and I assure you that Likatonia will not be invaded, attacked or bothered with this new military base the only action that would be taken would be a reaction against aggression, conflict or war. Again I thank the Likatonian delegation for clearing the speculation behind this. I am glad that the former Defense Minister is not he current one I can assure you of that and I promise that we will not take aggressive steps unless Valruzia or Dolgava was threatened or attacked!

Moving on I would like to address the Lodamunese concerns. For a long time Dolgava has has peaceful relations with out neighbor to the south and we value their friendship and their people with the upmost respect. I take the same position as Lodamun when it comes to Likatonia. Dolgava does not hate any nation in Terra. Likatonia is not a exception to this. They indeed threatened Keymon and that is an act that is not good for regional relations but that is not the end all be all. We also concur with Lodamun that we are also glad that they have stomped out that rhetoric that was not helpful and they have took the initiative to peace in Seleya. We agree whole heatedly there. We think that this crisis is a short one and that both Keymon and Likatonia will be peaceful once again I have no doubt of that.

However Lodamun continues and calls out actions "rushed". May I clarify that Valruzia and Dolgava have talked about this for at least 5 years now and we signed a Alliance deal some time ago, so clearly this decision was not rushed. Calling us a "white savior knight" would imply that the person who needed saving did not want it so to speak. Well, Valruzia came to us first requesting help and so that is analogy does not work in this situation. I can assure the Lodamunese delegation that Keymon and Likatonia have nothing to do with our most recent decision to build a base in Valruzia. To be frank we saw this conflict as a matter between them and them only. My Prime Minister spoke out against it but we have not taken any action to make the conflict worse or better and we have let both parties involved sort it out. There is free speech in Dolgava and the Prime Minister has every right to speak his mind on the subject. Quite frankly it is being spun by the same Likatonian politicians that threatened Keymon as warmongering, however we have not taken any action in the situation and we have left the matter alone this is because we want peace not war. I would like to break down Lodamun's concerns more. You said that we work hard to keep Keris from outside influence but I can assure you, Dolgava is only one nation out of 4 in Keris. You are leaving out Trigunia which is our trusted friend, Egelion and Kizenia. To say that we have complete control over Keris is an insult to Trigunia Egelion and Kizenia to be frank. However this comes to my next point. Dolgava is not taking advantage of Valruzia's situation and simply helping them build their military up. To better do this we decided the best course of action was to construct a military base in Valruzia. We are not preparing for war in any way, just helping out a country that is looking to build their military. We have shown no aggression against anyone in the past, how are you expecting us to be in the future. We have no plan to mess with Seleya just to assist in training our allies army.

To summarize. We will not be pushing aggressive military action in the region, we will simply be protecting and training our ally and at the same time treating them as an equal and not encroaching our economy into them. Valruzia is not going to become a puppet of Dolgava and I assure you of that, they need to grow themselves we are just providing our end of the alliance and helping a nation that requested for help. We hope this clears up any accusations, or concerns. I promise we wish no one ill will and we will stay out of Seleyen affairs. We have no wish to become a global superpower just to help our allies when they request it

Thank You
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby ChengherRares1 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:54 pm

Lodamun congratulates Dolgavian delegation on offering their responses. We appreciate that they clarified many points for us we did not know, although we would still like to point out few things in order to clarify our side, as we may have been vague with wording and created the confusion.

First of all, Lodamese have acclaimed Dolgavia's protective stances when it comes to Kerisian affairs. This in turn was taken as Dolgavia controlling Keris for own benefits I think this is bit of a stretch, as Lodamun did not imply at any point that Dolgavia usurps others' Kerisisan sovereignty.

Secondly, while it is now understandable of your actions in Valruzia, we could not help but point out the closeness of the two events between Dolgavia aiding Valruzia and the dispute between Keymon and Likatonia. That is a mistake on our side using correlation as causation. Further more, I want to assure Valruzia and other nations that Lodamun will not interfere in national affairs, as Lodamun ran for Seat C on a platform for protecting national sovereignty, nor does condemn friendly relations like between Valruzia and Dolgavia, these are their own business, the only objection we had but was solved was our worries of the possible link between events.

Thirdly, we apologize for the wording of White Knight, as we meant that Dolgavia's behavior was seen as rushed to protect other nations but in this process it may had sparked more tensions. Helping is good and we are happy to see Dolgavia sharing same tenets as Lodamun for global peace, however we will continue seeing actions of individual bravery of nations to save others as dangerous if not calculated, preferring peaceful resolutions between nations or even usage of WC and other non-militarist options to deal with the situation as long as it is clearly that peace is possible.

Concluding our corrections and clarifications, Dolgavia has done the right to explain the situation and Lodamun will take into account what Dolgavia has expressed, therefore Lodamun's concerns are answered and my delegation will lend it's help if any peace talks between the heated spirits are to be taking place.
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Next

Return to Sessions Archive