53rd General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: 53rd General Assembly Session

Postby Aquinas » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:52 am

Vishnu Satavelekar, Foreign Minister of the Greater Malivian Empire:

If I may, I would like to draw the General Assembly's attention to Yingdala's plans to begin a military development program with Hobrazia, which apparently may include sending 112,500 troops. In light of the current tensions in our region, my government would suggest this is both provocative and destabilising. We urge the co-operation of other governments to help de-escalate this.
Aquinas

Postby jrandle8 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:45 am

Image His Royal Majesty Yu Bai Li, Third Prince of Yindala Da Tong, Yingdalan Ambassador to the World Congress

Dignataries, if I may, the military development assistance that was decided by our Minister of Defense and his counterpart in Hobrazia, the proposal to send 112,500 Yingdalan troops to Hobrazia for training purposes was denied by the Imperial Military Commission. Also, I am glad that Minister Satavelekar mentioned the news footage and a news article that introduced our assistance to Hobrazia to the world; however, I do fear that the misunderstanding and misreading of the sentence in which the 112,500 troops were mentioned. If I may, the article stated that "...112,500 troops that are en route to Yingdala may be sent to Hobrazia to fulfill the training portion of the agreement." The article says that "...may be..." not "will". As mentioned to me, the Imperial Military Commission considered the proposal but ultimately denied it in the end.

Furthermore, I want to bring the World Congress's attention to recent, developing news. Just recently, the Raktavani National Party has established a committee that would explore their possibility to claim the territory of other sovereign nations, extending their previous claims of a select few. The countries mentioned in the news provided were Pontesi, Beluzia, Luthori, Rutania, Ikradon, Kundrati, Endralon, Likaton and the Telamonese island of Suðureyja. Fellow dignitaries, we cannot continue to let the greed and aggression of the Malivian Empire go unnoticed, and most of all, unpunished. We ask that more of you not only sign onto our complaint against Malivia but to take action in order for the Malivian government to cease their actions.

We must remind Malivia, however, that there is a standing mutual agreement between Endralon and Yingdala. My nation will be forced to retaliate in the event that an act of aggression, whether that be militarily or through territorial claims, that such an event will involve the Yingdalan military in self-defense of an ally. You must know that any aggression will be met with fire and fury like never seen before. We ask that the Malivian government rethink their actions before proceeding to cause an international dispute that could possibly end in a dangerous way. We implore you, Mr. Satavelekar, that you tell your Prime Minister that the world is watching and is prepared to act.
民族自由黨 (Yu Imperial Union) in Yingdala & House of Yu Clan (Inactive)
民族自由黨 (United Nationalist Federation) in Dankuk (Active)
jrandle8

Postby NuclearGandhi69 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:41 pm

Greetings Members of this Esteemed Chamber,

I am the representative from the Confederacy of Narikaton and Darnussia and I have come to speak before you on the issue of Malivia’s claims. As you are all aware, we have been the most aggressive nation in standing up to these claims. These actions were necessary and until Malivia revokes her claims, will remain in place. However I am not here to discuss these or raise tensions with our neighbour, they are high enough, but to respond to Malivia’s most recent claims and to prove once and for all that Malivia has no right to claim us and all other nations she has.

As of right now Malivia claims Narikaton and Darnussia, Selucia, Keymon, Hobrazia, Pontesi, Beluzia, Luthori, Rutania, Ikradon, Kundrati, Endralon, Likaton and the Telamonese island of Suðureyja. These nations constitute 15% of all nations on terra and the vast majority of Artania. This cannot be accepted by the World Congress.

Firstly it violates principle 1 of Resolution 88 “Guiding principles of the World Congress” which very clearly states that “All states in Terra are sovereign and their territorial integrity must be maintained.” This should be unacceptable to the World Congress, because how can a nation have a representative in this Chamber, yet violate the very first principle of this organisation. Whilst I understand that we also have claimed Malivia, this was done by the previous administration and are willing to drop it, if Malivia drops their claim. The list of violations doesn’t end here.

Malivia has also violated Resolution 100 “Declaration of Natural Human Rights”’s Article 5 which states “ National sovereignty and territorial integrity must be upheld, as well as non-interference in the internal affairs of states, and the non-use of human rights as an instrument of political pressure” by claiming these and referring to them as statelets. This clearly undermines the integrity of a nation because our sovereignty is now in question. Again how can the World Congress stand by and let this happen.

Lastly their claim on all these countries is based on nothing but false history. We ask Malivia to show all of Terra where these claims are valid and should be taken seriously and aren’t just fabrications by Malivia to expand.

I call upon the General Assembly and the Security Council to take action immediately. If a country can violate two Resolutions and not face consequences from this organisation, then don’t condemn us and the other countries who have taken these matters into our own hands. When a country’s sovereignty and independence is threatened then it has every right to defend itself by any means necessary.
NuclearGandhi69

Postby jellybean » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:55 pm

Image Representative of Hobrazia, Beresbiy Hashpakovy

Esteemed colleagues,

We have tried and failed to reason with Malivia, but have been met only with fanciful histories and invented claims. Until there is regime change in the country, we fear that continued attempts to negotiate will be fruitless.

However, Hobrazia's only goal is peace. We do not seek retaliation, only constraint.

Hobrazia proposes a defensive alliance, the Malivian Containment Pact. We invite all nations to stand up to Malivia's irredentist bullying and firmly commit to mutual defense against any Malivian act of aggression. Should Malivian continue to interfere in the domestic affairs of sovereign nations, we will hold a Defense Coordination summit in Astoria.

I encourage my Malivian colleague to do everything he can to restrain his government. Hobrazia wants only peace, and we look forward to the day when our people can be friends - but until then, we must take a stand.
jellybean

Postby Drax » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:14 am

Foreign Minister Mariamne al-Rashid, Jumhuriat al-Badara

We have an idea which should not be considered a response at all to the current debate.

It is likely from time to time the sheer incompetnce of a government can be detected even by those governing who are failing to grapple with feeding, housing and clothing their citizens. When there is no hope it looks like an option could be surrender of sovereignty to the World Congress who could then handle the basic human needs of the population of a failed state. And eventually let them try again or continue to support them if that is not possible. This idea was in fact inspired by the Pontesi fiasco not any current event.

This is a suggestion on an additional option future catastrophes might suggesat.
Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP), Dundorf, Active
Deltarianska Narodna Strana (DNS), Deltaria, Active
Dedicated to the proposition.
Drax

Postby ChengherRares1 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:58 am

Image Most Serene Representative of Lodamun, Rua Rata:
Our celestial and serene members to the WC have proposed Resolution 117. as a draft over climate change and formation of a new organization adjacent to the WC that would help green energy efforts. We invite fellow GA members to lend their opinions and possible corrections.

On the other hand, we do think Badaran proposal is not the way forward. We do think that incompetent governments should be handled by the local population, if that is not possible we do think that nations should cooperate among other things to help efforts of forming a government, but all in a voluntary light and not transform this body into a machine of couping governments and legitimizing interventionist behavior without real basis.
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby Drax » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:26 pm

With respect to the comments of the Serene Representative of Lodamun on our suggestion, upon reflection, we are afraid more even more intervention could be caused by adoption of it given the ways of Terra. Since that is not our desire at all, we withdraw our suggestion and thank the Serene Representative for the analysis.
Drax

Postby imperialpearl » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:35 am

Image Mrs. Charlize De Bruyn, Saridani Ambassador to the World Congress
The Federal Republic of Saridan affirms its support for Lodamun's drive towards bringing real action as it pertains to climate change on the front-burner of the Security Council agenda. We believe that the issues related to climate change have an extremely wide-ranging and wide-reaching impact on all nations, regardless of geopolitical position or geographical location. We are pleased that at least one member is committed to the advancement of the wider international community and the issues which impact us all.
imperialpearl

Postby Mr. F49 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:45 pm

Image Kvasir Lásson, Ambassador of the Confederation of Telamon to the World Congress

The Confederation of Telamon supports the Lodamun Representative's motion on green alternatives to combat climate change, we concur with what the Saridan Representative says is of high importance to Terra, the nations that now make up the Security Council, with their influence, can bring a green future for our world. Commitment to the environment should be one of the most important points for this new session.
Jafnaðarmannalisti in Telamon (4823 - present)
Nouveau Parti Populaire in Rildanor (4731 - 4917)
Mr. F49

Postby Drax » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:51 pm

Jumhuriat al-Badara also supports the green proposal of the Most Serene Representative of Lodamun.
Drax

Previous

Return to Sessions Archive