54th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: 54th General Assembly Session

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:40 pm

Takano Tsunekatsu, Ambassador of Seko to the World Congress
Your Excellencies, I come before you to support the proposed World Congress investigation of the Seko-Hulstria and Gao-Soto border conflict. The Government of Seko will allow full and unfettered access to Sekoku. We will not interfere and will accept the findings of the investigation. Moreover, in order to prevent war, Seko's Minister of Foreign Affairs has said that we will accept responsibility for the incident - even though we are innocent - in order to avoid war and uphold peace. On orders of the government, I reaffirm this statement to you all.

That said, I also wish to affirm to you that Seko is a democratic country. As you can see, we are currently voting on reforms to increase democracy in Seko, both in elections and throughout society. Our people have asked us to look to Yingdala as a big brother and we are doing so. His Majesty the King of Seko and Her Holiness the High Priestess both visited His Majesty the Son of Heaven, who is also the King, Sovereign, and Emperor of Yingdala, and completed a vassal ritual. This had the full and democratic support of the people of Seko. A video copy of the ritual, a copy of the Tianxia Treaty, and an official transcript of the event has been filed with the World Congress. We ask that the nations of Terra respect our sovereign and democratic decision to voluntarily submit to Yingdala. This is democracy in action.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Drax » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:49 pm

Foreign Minister Mariamne al-Rashid, Jumhuriat al-Badara

We think that is a reasonable proposal. Is that because we are woefully uninformred? Do not think so.
Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP), Dundorf, Active
Deltarianska Narodna Strana (DNS), Deltaria, Active
Dedicated to the proposition.
Drax

Postby jrandle8 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:00 am

Image Wu Guiying, Prime Minister of the Grand Union of Yindala Da Tong, Marquis of Hazhou and Xiangao Territorial Region

The situation with Hulstria has turned for the worse and I fear that things will only go down from here. As innocent bystanders and defenders of Seko, our vassal state, we have been the main target of "trigger-happy" government officials in Hulstria and their perceived allies. While Yingdala is not affected in the slightest in losing three trade partners, those being Hulstria, N&D, and Aloria, we are, however, disappointed and disgusted in their attempts to threaten us and our people. War, of course, is our last option, however, when presented with the opportunity, we don't shy away from it. But, giving the wishes of Crown Prince Yu Baili, we do wish to see the World Congress step in and preserve peace here in Dovani. Already, our friend and ally, the Directorial Republic of Endralon, has proposed a resolution in the Security Council to further investigate this issue. We ask that not only the members on the Security Council support this, but those in this body do as well. A collective front against Hulstria and those who seek to disrupt peace will go a long way to preserving international peace and security for every people, every government, and every nation.
民族自由黨 (Yu Imperial Union) in Yingdala & House of Yu Clan (Inactive)
民族自由黨 (United Nationalist Federation) in Dankuk (Active)
jrandle8

Postby ReformedEndralon » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:40 am

Leroy Jenkins, an organiser for Human Rights Watch in Seleya.

I wish to bring to the attention of the General Assembly the following human rights abuses in the United States of Baltusia. Since 4913 the government of the United States, led by the overtly racist Republican Party, has implemented a series of laws officially described as the "John Bird" laws that have degraded the dignity of all Baltusians, but especially those of the Black community. Punitive measures deny the ability of all to choose their life partners, including prosecuting people for the act of love. I urge the General Assembly to consider this travesty and bring the pressure of the international community to bear on the United States.
ReformedEndralon

Postby Drax » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:32 pm

Chancellor Karim al-Sabah, Jumhuriat al- Badara

Two observations and a query. First, we appreciate LeRoy Jenkins of Human Rights Watch in Seleya bringing this matter to our attention. It is certainly something we should deal with.

Second, think everyone knows where this matter of the Seko border is headed. It is the way of Terra.

And a query, is there any way for Seko to avoid being in the middle of a war. Reminds one of the Rapa Pile fiasco.
Drax

Postby NuclearGandhi69 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:13 am

Wolf Bakker,
Representative of Narikaton and Darnussia,

Your Excellencies, I come before you to support the proposed World Congress investigation of the Seko-Hulstria and Gao-Soto border conflict. The Government of Seko will allow full and unfettered access to Sekoku. We will not interfere and will accept the findings of the investigation. Moreover, in order to prevent war, Seko's Minister of Foreign Affairs has said that we will accept responsibility for the incident - even though we are innocent - in order to avoid war and uphold peace. On orders of the government, I reaffirm this statement to you all.

Whilst N&D has to ratify the treaty against Yingdala, if this investigation proposed by Seko is conducted, then we will not ratify the treaty. This crisis, whilst not our concern, could explode and it should be prevented from doing so.
NuclearGandhi69

Postby jrandle8 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:25 pm

Image Wu Guiying, Prime Minister of the Grand Union of Yindala Da Tong, Marquis of Hazhou and Xiangao Territorial Region

We look kindly on Narikaton and Darnussia, however, we don't see how this investigation that's mentioned ties into the treaty that collectively cooperates against Yingdala. Yingdala has not, for one, provoke Narikaton and Darnussia, nor have we provoked Hulstria and Aloria. In this entire ordeal, the aggressive ones have been those three countries that I mentioned. But, please Mr. Bakker, enlighten me and the World Congress on how does this investigation tie into the aggressive treaty that you're considered a "founding member" of?
Last edited by jrandle8 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
民族自由黨 (Yu Imperial Union) in Yingdala & House of Yu Clan (Inactive)
民族自由黨 (United Nationalist Federation) in Dankuk (Active)
jrandle8

Postby Drax » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:51 pm

Foreign Minister Mariamne al-Rashid, Jumhuriat al-Badra

We welcome the constructive approach of Wolf Bakker, Representative of Narikaton and Darnussia, and do hope the investigation into the Seko border incident can proceed and find a way to avoid a war in Seko.
Drax

Postby NuclearGandhi69 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:53 pm

Wolf Bakker,
Representative of Narikaton and Darnussia,

To my fellow Assembly Member from Yingdala,
I acknowledge that Yingdala has done absolutely nothing to provoke us, however we have yet to sign the treaty. We decided to get involved so as to bring attention to the issue and ensure that we could help achieve peace in the region.
NuclearGandhi69

Postby robmark0000 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:21 pm

Image Ms. Horváth Brigitta
Grand Director of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Second Directorial Republic of Endralon

Mr. Bakker, how on Terra do you bring peace to the region with ratifying a treaty that is made by one of the two main combatants; and occassionally, that treaty is also against the another combatant? Its not called "bringing of peace", it is called helping to escalate a conflict and choosing a side.
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive