54th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: 54th General Assembly Session

Postby Drax » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:18 pm

Foreign Minister Mariame al-Rashid, Jumhuriat al-Badara

We welcome the suggestion of the Ambassador of the Confederation of Telamon to the World Congress. This is a proper forum for resolving by diplomacy disputes which should not be resolved otherwise. We also welcome the realistic appraisal of whether a war prone Terra will actually adopt diplomacy but support the concept of trying again and again and again to say diplomacy is the better way.
Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP), Dundorf, Active
Deltarianska Narodna Strana (DNS), Deltaria, Active
Dedicated to the proposition.
Drax

Postby Mr. F49 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:14 pm

Image Flemming Elínmundsson, Ambassador of the Confederation of Telamon to the World Congress

We would like to thank Foreign Minister al-Rashid for agreeing with the points made. Terra does not need a war, it needs dialogue to resolve conflicts, a war would be detrimental to our world and would bring consequences that we would drag for many years and that for the countries affected by the war would be devastated both socially, economically and politically, we do not want a repetition of the case of Rapa Pile or anything like that, we will try to dialogue until we achieve the approach for peace.
Jafnaðarmannalisti in Telamon (4823 - present)
Nouveau Parti Populaire in Rildanor (4731 - 4917)
Mr. F49

Postby Aquinas » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:05 pm

Vishnu Satavelekar, Foreign Minister of the Greater Malivian Empire:

I thank the previous speakers for their contributions.

Also, I am pleased to report there has been a development in terms of the ruling party's position in relation to Malivia's territorial claims, and legislation is now going through the Lok Sabha to effect this in to law. The key change reads:

Article B: The Greater Malivian Empire, whilst recognising and accepting its current borders, aspires to restore its full historical territory, with the free consent of the peoples now living in those lands and through the free co-operation of their established governments.

It is our sincere hope that this measure will go a long way towards assuaging the concerns of our neighbours, and that a new era of dialogue and constructive cooperation can now begin.
Aquinas

Postby Mr. F49 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:19 pm

Image Flemming Elínmundsson, Ambassador of the Confederation of Telamon to the World Congress

We welcome the statements by Minister Satavelekar, however, the work to reconcile the countries involved in the territorial claims is not complete, yet. Our delegation considers that the move to suspend the Claims Committee has brought a way to establish diplomacy between the countries from which Malivia has claimed territories.

Although we believe that this process will take time, we believe that there should be a new dialogue between Malivia and the countries involved in the territorial claims, with the participation of mediators in order to reach an agreement, of course this will be decided by the aforementioned. However, we will continue with our pro-sovereignty position and defend the independence of all those nations that were part of former colonial powers. In the meantime we will support Ms. Horváth to look for a solution to the problems and find neutral countries that can be part of this dialogue and negotiation committee, between Kaliburg and Modalin, due to the current situation it is very important to discuss and then open more negotiations for a future without wars.
Mr. F49

Postby Aquinas » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:48 am

Vishnu Satavelekar, Foreign Minister of the Greater Malivian Empire:

I would like to discuss briefly the current Security Council resolution on establishing a World Congress Department for Outside Space Matters.

Firstly, could I suggest gently that in future it would be helpful if a little more time could be allowed before Security Council motions are moved towards the voting stage, so as to give General Assembly members more of an opportunity to discuss them.

Secondly, my government considers that as well as encouraging the great scientific pursuit of space exploration, the World Congress would also do well to focus on the potential dangers as well. I am referring, in particular, to space-based weapons. Would the World Congress be willing to consider a ban on these?

Thirdly, I would like to discuss the artifacts the new World Congress Department might recover from space in the future. Could we come to an understanding where these will be displayed in an appropriate museum on the Whale Island, and periodically be loaned out to institutions across Terra, so that the people of the world can see for themselves the results of the progress being made?
Aquinas

Postby jellybean » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:10 pm

Image Representative of Hobrazia, Beresbiy Hashpakovy:

Esteemed colleagues,

I too must sound a note of caution about the fervor surrounding space exploration that's developed in recent years. Hobrazia certainly stands for scientific advancement, and we welcome any efforts by the international community to accumulate human knowledge and improve our standards of living. However, efforts to visit Mamors or beyond must be approached with the utmost caution.

I remind this chamber that the existence of other planets and stars is not proven, but is only speculation. While we know for a fact that Terra's moons influence us, many of the world's foremost scientists have argued that other celestial bodies are simply painted on the firmament that is suspended above us. If true, then any attempt to pierce the firmament could cause the loss of oxygen within our sphere, catastrophic flooding, or any number of other adversities.

We urge space exploration agencies to admit that we simply do not know what lies above us. We support exploration, but only if done with a humble and open mind that can react properly to new discoveries and accommodate either the firmament model or the "dispersed orbs" model of space, either of which could be true.
jellybean

Postby CAM » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:10 pm

KANEGASUKU Sokon, Royal and National Advisor of Sekuku/Sekoku (Seko)
Your Excellencies, good afternoon. It is with great sadness and concern that I come before you as Seko's head of government to raise two issues: the Seko-Hulstria and Gao-Soto border crisis and Seko's past, immoral actions.

First and most recently, you are all aware that Sekowan troops were accused of firing on Hulstrian and Gao-Soton troops on the border, which led to over a dozen casualties. I have ordered my government to investigate this matter thoroughly and I have taken it upon myself exert greater control over Seko's defense forces. While we are investigating this matter, I can assure you all that Seko did not authorize our defense forces to fire on anyone. If this was an accident or an attempt by defense personnel to create a spat, then on behalf of Seko and its people, I apologize and we are willing to accept the consequences and rectify the situation. However, if it was not this scenario, then we desire to work with diplomacy and through the World Congress to resolve the issue.

Secondly and most importantly, we - the government and people of Seko - apologize for our past transgressions. We are sorry for the damage we have caused to the Orinco civilization. We are sorry for our past imperialism and colonialism. We are sorry for all of our past wars and civil conflicts. We humbly ask that you, the people of Terra, forgive us. We want to make amends. To do this, we have reduced our defense budget by tens of billions and taken a purely pacifistic approach. We have increased funding for state-run programs to help people, especially the Orinco who suffer from mass unemployment. We are about to reengage in Seko Model policies, which created a balanced approach to prosperity that left no one behind. We are willing to do much more.

We cannot forget the past. Rather, we must learn from it. I hope that all can learn that diplomacy and peace are the best courses of action for the future.
CAM

Postby wimpwampwomp » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:01 am

Taroemon Fukutsuchi, Foreign Minister of the Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
Our government has heard Sekoku's pleas for Greater Hulstria to be lenient after its attacks on our border. Our government has witnessed Sekoku's attempts to conceal the truth of the matter.
Our government remains unconvinced.
Sekoku's onetime military was a defense force. Its troops are not publicly trained in offensive actions. Therefore, these attacks could not possibly have occurred on the independent volition of units. It is entirely sensible to make the correct assumption that these attacks were ordered by the Sekowan government or its military high command for this special occasion.
The timing of the conversion of the military into an augmentative police force is not coincidental. It is clearly an attempt to make the military seem more innocuous. With such an 'elaborate' cover, Greater Hulstria, and indeed the peace of Dovani itself, is at risk.
We will have war, ladies and gentlemen of the General Assembly. We in Greater Hulstria will have war with Sekoku if it does not admit to not just the grave crimes against those who lived on what is now our land in the past, but also the present grave crimes that are the attacks on the border, and fully accepts the vengeance of the members of the General Assembly.
This is not a meddling body, ladies and gentlemen, but it is an influential one, and it is your duty to do what is right. Greater Hulstria must have vengeance.
wimpwampwomp

Postby jrandle8 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:06 pm

Image His Imperial and Royal Majesty Yu Bai Li, Crown Prince of the Grand Union of Yindala Da Tong, Yingdalan Ambassador to the World Congress

As a bystander in this whole matter, we have listened to the testimonies of Seko and that of Hulstria, and to be frank, we believe that Seko's government had nothing to do with the issue on the Hulstrian border. Not only has Seko remained impartial in the matter, but their government also took steps to rid itself of the military and have a security force of 10,000. At any time, any nation could easily, without much force, gain control of Seko through military occupation. A government that is willing to do that is showing no ill-will to another nor are they seeking to hide the truth. The truth in this matter, and I want to be clear when I say this, is that Hulstria is seeking to further disrupt international peace and security and bring Terra closer to the brink of war.

Now, I agree with Hulstria for wanting to seek a full investigation of the situation from the World Congress, however, even if the investigation comes back conclusive to that of Seko's testimony, Hulstria will still seek vengeance. That is a given for Minister Fukutsuchi stated in his address previously, and I quote, "We will have war...we in Greater Hulstria will have war with Sekoku if it does not admit to not just the grave crimes...but also the present grave crimes." Those grave crimes that the Minister mentioned are both past and present crimes, therefore, we can see that Hulstria's mind is already made up. I ask the World Congress Security Council and every member of the World Congress to do their duty in protecting and securing international peace and security.

It is of high importance that war is adverted at all cost, but, if war is inevitable, we ask the Security Council and World Congress members to sanction Hulstria for further threatening the due course of international peace and security. The testimonials from both Sekoku and Hulstria are, without a doubt, easy to know who is truly the malicious party in the given situation. As of now, if Hulstria further threatens Seko, Yingdala will use its economic might to suppress that of Hulstria. If Hulstria even mobilizes troops to invade Seko, regardless of regimen or size, I can assure you that all options are on the table. We are not threatening, but we are seeking to suppress a war that should not happen. Please, I call on peace from both Seko and Hulstria in the name of the Son of Heaven so that Dovani can continue to live peacefully and independently.
民族自由黨 (Yu Imperial Union) in Yingdala & House of Yu Clan (Inactive)
民族自由黨 (United Nationalist Federation) in Dankuk (Active)
jrandle8

Postby Mr. F49 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:12 pm

Fellow Delegates,

Once again I am honored to be able to participate in the discussions of the General Assembly. Frankly, after listening to the testimonies of Seko and Hulstria, I can express nothing but concern about a possible outbreak of war. I can say that Seko has taken every step to be impartial in the matter under discussion, the downsizing and surrender of the Sekowan Armed Forces is applauded by our Delegation in taking an anti-war stance and apologizing to the groups affected by past transgressions. This is a very important step in mending relations with different countries. We want to make it clear that learning from the mistakes made by a nation will make that nation refrain from intervening in situations that could harm that same nation, we hope that the diplomatic amends that Seko wants to make will be successful.

However, our Delegation agrees that an investigation should be made into the situation. Now comes our concern about Minister Fukutsuchi's statements, the spirit of those statements was revengeful in tone, if the investigation comes out in favor of Seko, we may have to be vigilant in protecting the peace on Terra. We must not allow malicious attempts against other nations, I ask both this Assembly and the Security Council to help us resolve this conflict that could possibly escalate to worse levels if the proper steps are not taken. Peace must be maintained in Terra, one way or another we cannot allow these conflicts to happen, the solutions must be taken by us in this Assembly to ensure peace and security in the world.

I can not agree more with His Imperial Majesty, a war would harm everyone on Terra, not only Seko and Hulstria, but also countries that were not involved in this conflict, remember what happened in other wars, there was devastation, hunger, social, political and economic crises, tensions between countries and millions of deaths. Our Delegation proposes the following for a possible resolution of the conflict:
    1.- Conduct investigations to be able to certify what has been said by one of the two parties.
    2.- If this investigation is in favor of the investigated party, the other party should recognize and follow the results of the investigation.
    3.- If not, a dialogue table will be convened in a neutral country sponsored by our Confederation and other countries that want to sponsor the dialogue.
    4.- To abstain from threats, since this would increase the tension between the affected parties and could lead to the escalation of a warlike conflict.
    5.- After the above 4 points have been promoted, a Temporary Committee will be created to monitor the situation to see if the situation has improved or worsened.
This concludes my address to this chamber for the time being. Thank you very much.
Mr. F49

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive