54th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: 54th General Assembly Session

Postby wimpwampwomp » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:33 pm

Taroemon Fukutsuchi, Foreign Minister of the Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
A lack of facts - hunches - is why murders are rarely solved immediately; why 'detective' is a profession. To locate where there could be facts and see if there are. That should be the path of the World Congress instead of waiting for we in the region to tear each other apart.
wimpwampwomp

Postby Drax » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:08 pm

President Yasser al-Mirza, Jumhuriat al-Badara

We realize that the situation at the Seko border has many subtleties lacking in the Rapa Pile fiasco, but one similarity appears very likely to develop. Once the disaster occurs the Security Council may prove useful.

We accordingly suggest in addition to sorting out the blame and burying the casualties that an effort be made to avoid the tragedy. The General Assembly can authorize a fact finding team to quickly report No reason this should conflict in any way with the efforts of the Security Council.

We do recommend this knowing full well wiser heads will prevail and nothing will be done.
Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP), Dundorf, Active
Deltarianska Narodna Strana (DNS), Deltaria, Active
Dedicated to the proposition.
Drax

Postby Aquinas » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:47 am

Public statement issued to the General Assembly by Németh Nóra, CEO of Mangóbirodalom Kft.:

It has come to my attention that three Malivian agitators are operating a mango stall just outside the World Congress General Assembly premises. The mangoes they are selling are the exclusive property of Mangóbirodalom Kft., and they are being sold completely without permission and illegally.

Please do not buy these mangoes. Purchasing them will directly fund illegal political subversion, economic sabotage and domestic terrorism in Malivia. Please also note that these mangoes have not been through Mangóbirodalom's strict health and safety procedures, and eating them may lead to you contracting unpleasant illnesses.

Mangóbirodalom has CCTV cameras trained on the mango stall outside, and any individual who purchases mangoes from them will be identified and will be subject to legal action.

Our lawyers are in contact with the World Congress authorities about organising the removal of the mango stall and the three Malivian agitators who are running it. If this is not achieved, Mangóbirodalom will be forced to take further legal steps. Similarly, please be warned that if the agitators are given permission to enter your building and address the General Assembly, then this will also necessarily result in immediate legal action by my firm.

OOC: For reference, see viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1952&p=173036#p173036
Aquinas

Postby wimpwampwomp » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:31 am

Taroemon Fukutsuchi, Foreign Minister of the Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
Greater Hulstria may be a nation that actively enforces monopolies and the World Congress does not concern itself with corporate legal matters - especially ones as trivial as this - but this is too outrageous for either to ignore. Mangóbirodalom has no right to encroach on trade activity in a foreign nation, even if it is a nation we have expressed grave concern about, to this degree. Even if it did, the case is simply absurd.
Unless this particular cultivar of mangoes has been artificially created or patented, or unless mangoes themselves are somehow patented, Mangóbirodalom cannot prevent resale of mangoes. It is simply insensible to claim such a basic food as mango, considering that it is not requiring of a complex recipe or even a recipe at all, being a fruit. Does this mean that Mangóbirodalom has the rights to all mango squash made from its mangoes? Does his mean Mangóbirodalom has the rights to all mango chutney made from its mangoes, or mango ice cream, or mango smoothies? Besides, if these mangoes really are unsanitary to consume, is Mangóbirodalom admitting that its mangoes are unsanitary?
In any case, the idea that three persons operating a small mango stall are making a major monetary contribution to terrorist groups is on its own ridiculous. I do not know about you, fellow delegates, but I will be buying some mangoes out of spite, and am additionally demanding that Mangóbirodalom take this matter to the Malivian or Endralonian governments instead of the esteemed World Congress. It seems to have only done so due to the proximity of the stall to this building.
wimpwampwomp

Postby robmark0000 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:40 pm

Image Ms. Horváth Brigitta
Grand Director of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Second Directorial Republic of Endralon
I'll be short, fellow diplomats. Mangóbirodalom is an Endralonian korlátolt felelősségű társaság (limited liability company, KFT) that is operating according to Endralonian, and not Malivian laws. Hence the Directorial Republic Act on the Right to Private Property of 4877 is the valid regulation here, which states that no one can steal from Endralonian citizens in general. In this stadium, we consider all attacks against the private company as an attack against Endralonian private citizens and the Directorial Republic itself, since you are questioning our laws and regulations with it.

If the Malivian government decides to regulate Mangóbirodalom herself and make it adopting to Malivian laws, which is her God-given right, then this situation will be no longer our business. I would also ask the World Congress Department of Safety and Security to remove those protesters, they have no place in Whale Island.
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Postby Aquinas » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:33 am

Vishnu Satavelekar, Foreign Minister of the Greater Malivian Empire:

Just as a small point of clarification, in case anyone misunderstood the previous speaker's statement, whilst Mangóbirodalom Kft is registered in Endralon, it is also, of course, regulated by Malivian law in so far as pertains to its activities in Malivia.

If I may say so, the Malivian government, and also the Malivian people more generally, have a very positive and constructive relationship with Mangóbirodalom, which has increased mango production by more than 30%; created many, many jobs; found new markets for our mango exports; and also organised a great many social betterment programs all across the country. Only last month, Emperor Chandragupta II awarded Mangóbirodalom a special award in recognition of their high standards of business excellence and social responsibility.

It is a matter of regret that a tiny minority of mentally unhinged political agitators funded by overseas communists have taken to illegally raiding Mangóbirodalom legitimately-acquired mango stock and spreading misinformation about Mangóbirodalom all over Malivia and indeed around the world, including now here at the World Congress. I am sure the representatives of other governments here will appreciate that all countries have a few of these people, and all governments have to do deal with them from time to time.

I propose, respectfully, that the World Congress authorities hand over the 3 troublemakers at the mango stall to the Malivian government, so that we can assist them to adjust to a more constructive and responsible mode of life, and the World Congress can continue with its business undisturbed.
Aquinas

Postby wimpwampwomp » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:43 am

As representative for a nation that famously bears disgust at the international left, the delegates of the World Congress should take my word when I say that small-scale mango thieves could only be funded by communist terrorists in the most fantastical of worlds.
wimpwampwomp

Postby Aethan » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:05 pm

Vorenia Iunia
Ambassador of Selucia to the World Congress

Members of the Assembly,

Selucia would like to draw attention to the terrible ecological attack that - to everyone's surprise - the Malivian government has carried out when trying to eliminate an entire species from its territory (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1952&start=640)
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby mrcricketer » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:58 pm

To,
The Members of Assembly,

As per Article in Luthori newspaper. Article Titled That's not chicken, says Food Standards Board states contains of Malvia Sparrow Meat was found in meat imported from Malvia.

There has been large no of people around terra specially in Luthori who got sick due to "Sparrow Flu ".

Hence I request Assembly members to push for investigation of the matter be done by Malvia Government.

I would also like WC to investigate the matter if this incident was part of biological terrorism caused by Malvia (directly or indirectly)

Regards
Sebastian Taylor
Representative to WC (Aloria)
mrcricketer

Previous

Return to Sessions Archive