55th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

55th General Assembly Session

Postby ChitinKal » Sat May 08, 2021 3:37 am

Image Mr. Mwenye Amaechi, General-Secretary of the World Congress:
Following the 55th Security Council elections, the World Congress welcomes governments, political parties and other organisations to the 54th General Assembly Session.
RP Controller of Liore
Fronto de Aŭgustana Vekiĝo (Zardugal) (Inactive) link
Mare Unitu (Keymon) (Inactive) link
Ár Náisiún (Kirlawa) (Inactive) link
National Conservative Party (Kalistan) (Inactive) link
ChitinKal

Re: 55th General Assembly Session

Postby wimpwampwomp » Sun May 09, 2021 2:27 am

Mugendjikara, Emperor of Gao-Soto, Heavenly Sovereign
I greet you, delegates to the World Congress, as the first ruling Emperor of Gao-Soto in an age, and in my first speech to this institution.
In this chamber, Greater Hulstria has disputed the intents of various nations seen as a threat. And while I will not deny that my Empire will continue its predecessor's rhetoric, I do believe that we have been seen as pariahs for our aggressive diplomacy. I thus also believe that assurance is in order that we are simply committed to justice. Whether that means certain parties will have justice or face justice remains to be seen, but just that simply must be said. Thank you.
wimpwampwomp

Postby mrcricketer » Sat May 22, 2021 7:27 pm

We do not officially recognise new Luthori government

We believe in sepration of Religion & state /Church & state

Issue is to be taken up in world Congress
mrcricketer

Questioning legality of appointing a religious leader as hea

Postby mrcricketer » Sat May 22, 2021 8:08 pm

We feel World Congress v should intervene in Luthori to maintain peace & law & order in Aloria

It is against human rights

We will seek ban on New Luthori Church
mrcricketer

Postby Drax » Sat May 22, 2021 9:17 pm

Maximillian Valek, Delegate of Velke Rise Deltarska:

On balance we pretty much disagree with our brother delegate from Aloria. For several reasons. First, while religious leaders are in our eyes unlikely to be good leaders of governments we do ask who is? Sports heroes of secondary schools who go on to be insurance salesmen? Spoiled children of entrepeneurs? Military martinets? The third generation down from a slightly successful monarch? Teachers trained in keeping order among schoolchildren? Lawyers (please, no)?

More important what is the harm that deserves intervention? Are people dying because they have an incompetent, corrupt or odd ruler? Are they losing their property? Are their lives being thrown away in some useless war as many have on Terra?

Velke Rise Deltarska would not be averse to condemnation or sanctions because of demonstrated misconduct harming the citizenry of Luthori but does not think this rises to the level ignoring sovereignty is justified.

Because of our respect for Aloria, we will certainly keep an open mind on the subject
Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP), Dundorf, Active
Deltarianska Narodna Strana (DNS), Deltaria, Active
Dedicated to the proposition.
Drax

Postby NuclearGandhi69 » Sun May 23, 2021 7:38 pm

Beatrix Bos, Representative of the Confederacy of Narikaton and Darnussia,

I stand today, before the magnificent Assembly of the World Congress, to bring to you the plight of the Hulstrian people within the Empire of Gao-Soto.

As I am sure you are all aware of the "Act of National Reorganization"(http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=644121) in 4932 which created the Empire of Gao-Soto and has been described as a "bill to end all democratic ideals in Hulstria and Gao-Soto". Whilst I have no issues with the imperial government, I am extremely worried about the acts passed before and after this act which target the Hulstrian people within the country.

The first of such acts is the "Securing the Safety of the Kunihito Race and the State"(http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=644488) which targeted Hulstrians by all segregating public amenities and in all public educational institutions and doesn't give the same rights to interracial marriages within the country. The second act to attack civil liberties within the Empire is the "Loyalty Act"(http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=644661). The act allows the police to disperse any gathering and could be used to target Hulstrian people for simply gathering and protesting for their rights.

The "Securing the Integrity of the Kunihito Race"(http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=642342) among many things allows police to arrest anyone, transforms the military into the police, allows prisoners of war may be mistreated without legal sanction, requires people to register as a member of a race and allows the death for capital crimes. While this does not target Hulstrian specifically, it is still an oppressive piece of legislation and should be condemned. And finally the "Bringing Prosperity to the Kunihito Race"(http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=642440) which while sounding like a fairly innocent act, it possibly the worst act on this long list. This is because it allows the slave trade and legalises slavery. Seeing what the previous acts do, it doesn't take a genius to realise that it will be the Hulstrian people who will be enslaved. As a signatory of the International Rejection of Slavery Agreement, it greatly concerns the Confederacy of Narikaton and Darnussia that the international community has done nothing to deal with the issue. This is disgraceful and should be changed now. It is up to the General Assembly of the World Congress to act on behalf of the Hulstrian people. This has to be done now, not tomorrow, not next week, now.
NuclearGandhi69

Postby wimpwampwomp » Mon May 24, 2021 1:44 am

Taroemon Fukutsuchi, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Empire of Gao-Soto
The Empire is not known for its economic strength, thanks to the last government. The reinstitution of the slave trade is simply a way for us to put prisoners to work, and atone for their crimes against the state by contributing to its infrastructure and economic activity. Everybody has a part to play, and we are quite concerned about the fact that the representative of Narikaton and Darnussia fails to understand that.

We would also like to note that our segregative measures are designed to prevent the animosity between the Kunihito and Hulstrian peoples from flaring into violence by preventing excessive contact between them. We seek the protection of all Kunihito, not our supremacy, and we have always strived to the utmost degree to ensure that Hulstrians enjoy these benefits as well. The reformation of the Crownlands into what appears to be a Kunihito state is simply a measure to show the world that Empires of Gao-Soto do not always fall apart.
wimpwampwomp

Postby NuclearGandhi69 » Tue May 25, 2021 7:14 am

No human no matter the crime should be executed or enslaved. It is inhumane and barbaric.

As for segregation, I very much doubt it was implemented for the reasons you have stated. If there tensions between groups, you do not segregate them, especially when the government is blatantly for one of the groups over the other. It leads to further tension as Hulstrians only see these measures as targeting them. You say you strive for the protection of the Kunihito race which is very clear by the acts passed by your government. However you cannot exclude a huge portion of your population because they aren't Kunihito.

To me it is abundantly clear from the acts your government has passed that you do not care for the wellbeing of the Hulstrian people and your regime clearly isn't any better than other barbaric regimes such as Pontesi.
NuclearGandhi69

Postby wimpwampwomp » Tue May 25, 2021 8:03 am

Taroemon Fukutsuchi, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Empire of Gao-Soto
What, are we simply supposed to spend money on tending to people who have done the exact opposite of contributing to society? How naïve you must be to believe that coddling criminals is better than putting them to useful work.
wimpwampwomp

Postby NuclearGandhi69 » Tue May 25, 2021 1:15 pm

So it's a crime in Gao-Soto to be Hulstrian?
NuclearGandhi69

Next

Return to Sessions Archive