61st Security Council Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

61st Security Council Session

Postby Auditorii » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:30 am

Below are the archived discussions of the 61st Security Council Session.

Image Nan Seung-Hyeon (North Dovani), General-Secretary of the World Congress
Following the 58th Security Council elections, the World Congress welcomes members to the 58th Security Council Session.

The elected members of the Security Council at the commencement of this term are Dorvik (A), Deltaria (B), Lodamun (C), and Hutori (D). Elected members have eighteen months to present a representative to the Security Council or they will forfeit their position for the duration of the term and the runner-up in their seat will replace them.

Members are encouraged to move quickly to elect an individual as the President of the Security Council, I shall chair discussions in the meantime.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: 58th Security Council session

Postby Auditorii » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:36 am

Image Dr. Elmo Wachtler, General-Plenipotentiary to the World Congress, Dorvish Republic
I am here to represent the Dorvish Republic. I look forward to working with my colleagues in the Security Council. I believe the first topic at hand is the developing crisis in Vorona. I feel we need to address this situation immediately before it spirals out of control.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Koricrank82 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:13 am

Willa Cushioning, Ambassador to the 58th Security Council of the World Congresss, United States of Lodamun
    I, Ambassador Cushioning of United States of Lodamun, is very honored and privileged to be representing my great nation to the World Congresss Security Council. I hope that my colleagues and I can work together on bringing peace and prosperity to the wonderful world of Terra.
Koricrank82

Postby imperialpearl » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:23 am

Image Jacinda Park, Acting Permanent Representative of Hutori to the World Congress
I, Jacinda Park, have been appointed Acting Permanent Representative of Hutori to the World Congress in lieu of the future appointment of an official Permanent Representative. We agree with our counterparts from the Dorvish Republic that the World Congress must focus its collective energy on seeking solutions to the situation evolving in Vorona.
imperialpearl

Postby Rogue » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:29 pm

Halász Adrián, Permanent Representative of Deltaria to the World Congress

I, Halász Adrián, have been appointed Permanent Representative for the Deltarian Federation, representing all people's in it and especially my own Dissuwan community. I have been granted the resposibility of taking up this task. We can inform the SC that Deltaria is already preparing its options for Vorona, as we have a personal stake in the situation
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Auditorii » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:38 pm

Image Dr. Elmo Wachtler, General-Plenipotentiary to the World Congress, Dorvish Republic
I think that a discussion needs to be had about the role that Deltaria has played in the crisis in Vorona. I think we would be remiss if reports that Deltaria has interfered in Vorona has not concerned the Dorvish Republic as a whole and I would question the Deltarian representative here within the Security Council regarding it.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby imperialpearl » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:59 am

[bust]
Last edited by imperialpearl on Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imperialpearl

Postby Rogue » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:37 pm

In name of the Deltarian Federation i hear the concerns of fellow member states but seek to clarify the situation. First of all, the assumption that the former Voronan regime was somehow democratic is a wrongfull one. If member states had paid attention, they would know that Vorona was a totalitarian communist state before the military plotted their coup, making the arguments of "overthrowing" democracy null and void. When it comes to our own involvement into the crisis our political situation explains it all. Our intelligence service, the SRPZ, launched a operation unknown to the government and Premier at the time. This operation funded and provided advice to general Kombara to plot the coup, which succeeded. This situation has already had its consequences. Deltaria's government fell and new election were called, resulting in a new government that is now preparing to enact reforms to prevent such a situation from occuring again, by making the SRPZ accountable to the executive. Now lets be clear that the Deltarian Federation believes that the only way to achieve a substainable peace on the island nation is by ensuring none of the current fighting sides can overtake the other and creating a situation where fighting is not the solution. Deltaria arguably has a interest in seeing this conflict ended as soon as possible, but letting the former communist government win back control will lead to untold suffering that we cannot permit. Deltaria will continue to support the Kombara government but put pressure on it to transition into a civilian and democratic administration once a durable peace agreement has been reached. We call upon the other members of the Security Council to not intervene on another side in the conflict, as bolstering other sides will only lead to more death and suffering. We propose a large humanitarian mission to the island sanctioned by the World Congress.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Rogue » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:58 pm

Deltaria, based on our previous comments, hereby presents the following resolution to the Security Council

The Security Council

ACKNOWLEDGING that the escalation of the civil war in Vorona causes untold suffering and a major humanitarian crisis if unadressed

RECOGNIZING the value of human life, peace and stability in the region and terra as a whole

FURTHER RECOGNIZING the need for constructive dialogue between the different warring sides and a attempt to end the conflict

APPOINTS a special representative to be send to Eroncourt to bring the warring sides to the negotiating table

WILL SEND a humanitarian mission to Vorona, comprised of humanitarian goods, doctors and other neccesities to provide aid to the Voronan population

WILL PROTECT this humanitarian mission by sending a batallion to setup a safezone in Gatford, Vorona, to adequately provide this aid to the Voronan populace

We seek the support of our fellow members in pursuing this noble goal.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Auditorii » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:37 pm

"The Dorvish Republic is growing increasingly frustrated with the fact that the military regime in Vorona has resorted to tactics that constitute war crimes. We believe that people have a right to self-determination, perhaps that is the case of what is happening in Vorona but with that in mind we cannot and will not accept war crimes. We call for an immediate ceasefire in Vorona, the deployment of the World Congress Peacekeeping and Assistance Office, the World Congress Human Rights Office and the World Congress Chemical and Biological Weapons Office to monitor and investigate the situation in Vorona. We believe that the coalition of forces that make up the WCPAO in Vorona should be comprised of forces from the representative states of the Security Council.

We call for this resolution to immediately be put to a vote."

World Congress Security Council Resolution 123
THE SECURITY COUNCIL recognizes the growing crisis in Vorona as a threat to human rights and international peace and stability;

AUTHORIZING the deployment of a multi-national force of Security Council members and other members of the World Congress to operate as the "World Congress Security Force in Vorona" (WCSFV);

LIMITING the number of forces to be deploy to 20,000 military and civilian personnel from the World Congress and its ancillary organizations;

DEPLOYING the full force of the World Congress to support a humanitarian mission in Vorona by providing clean, fresh water, temporary housing and basic life needs, financial assistance when possible;

CALLING for a full investigation by the World Congress into the deployment of chemical and biological weapons in Vorona.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Next

Return to Sessions Archive