85th General Assembly

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: 85th General Assembly

Postby Luis1p » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:38 pm

Image Alejandra Bechamaise, Permanent Representative of the United Kingdom of Lourenne to the World Congress
To answer to the Honorable Ambassador Starling,

The United Kingdom has maintained conversations with Beiteynu and the MSCO over Kafuri negotiations. Combating piracy continues to be the main focus of the Lourennais Fleet in the Sea of Lost Souls. We are working in conjunction with the MSCO and with the Security Council to ensure that we keep piracy at a minium while negotiations continue.

We have received no word from the new Kafuri government whether they will assist anti-piracy operations; however, that is not to say they are not welcomed.

We believe this issue to be well within the hands of the Security Council and the MSCO. We present this as a localized, region issue. We understand that anti-piracy operation can be conducted by any nation, which we welcome. Piracy hurts us all. The more effective we are as a community to localize it and eliminate it, the better off we will all be. Our intelligence tells us that we are well equipped to manage and minimize the piracy, but we welcome other forces for extended cooperation as negotiations continue.
Luis1p

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:49 pm

Katerina Sheket, Head of the Medinat Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Homeland State of Beiteynu

I..., well, I mean we... [clears throat], it is of [clears throat], the Homeland State of Beiteynu does not simply [clears throat]. I believe I have taken up quite a lot of your valuable time, esteemed colleagues. I shall yield the remainder of my time to the Beiteynuese Office of the Permanent Representative to the World Congress.

[clears throat] Thank you.

[sharp mic eco]

[sound of papers, chair, someone standing]
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby hyraemous » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:18 pm

Hubert Matyáš Hulanevek, Minister of Foreign Affairs for the Kundrati Union

I propose this whole Kafuristan thing be tabled lest everyone gets a sour taste in their mouth.
My nation is: Image Kundrati / My party is: Kundrati Democracy
"Instead realize that your country [Kundrati] isn’t special..." - Farsun
hyraemous

Postby Zanz » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:26 pm

Krsyijmai Krsyijmaidrsme Vrnkrt, Extraordinary Representative to the World Congress General Assembly, Jelbek Khanate

Members of the Security Council,

I approach in appreciation of your swift passage of a condemnation of the Kafuri regime. I must, however, speak in defense of Badara, a state which has so quickly risen to the defense of Jelbe and the rest of Majatra by combating the Kafuri regime's evil embargo.

Like it or not, the World Congress has specifically recognized in Resolution 109 the right of states to engage in privateering, so long as actions are targeted only at one nation, as opposed to targeted at all nations. The Kafuri regime's pirates have accosted shipping from all nations, and it is rightful that they are charged with violations of Resolutions 109 and 59. However, Badara has engaged in no piracy - it has dispatched privateers to target the ships of a nation which is targeting it. We have no grounds upon which to deny Badara the right to defend itself.

The resolution under vote now, called Resolution 134, therefore, must be opposed. If the Security Council wishes to amend Resolution 109 to remove the allowance for privateering, Jelbe will not oppose that change, but we have no grounds as a body to condemn them while they follow the law, and certainly not while they play so vital a part in Majatra's survival.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby hyraemous » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:32 pm

Zanz wrote:Krsyijmai Krsyijmaidrsme Vrnkrt, Extraordinary Representative to the World Congress General Assembly, Jelbek Khanate

I approach in appreciation of your swift passage of a condemnation of the Kafuri regime. I must, however, speak in defense of Badara, a state which has so quickly risen to the defense of Jelbe and the rest of Majatra by combating the Kafuri regime's evil embargo.

Like it or not, the World Congress has specifically recognized in Resolution 109 the right of states to engage in privateering, so long as actions are targeted only at one nation, as opposed to targeted at all nations. The Kafuri regime's pirates have accosted shipping from all nations, and it is rightful that they are charged with violations of Resolutions 109 and 59. However, Badara has engaged in no piracy - it has dispatched privateers to target the ships of a nation which is targeting it. We have no grounds upon which to deny Badara the right to defend itself.

The resolution under vote now, called Resolution 134, therefore, must be opposed. If the Security Council wishes to amend Resolution 109 to remove the allowance for privateering, Jelbe will not oppose that change, but we have no grounds as a body to condemn them while they follow the law, and certainly not while they play so vital a part in Majatra's survival.

Matyas Tomas, Representative of the Kundrati Union for the World Congress

The Kundrati delegation to the World Congress Security Council is interested to revise Resolution 109 in order to make clear that civilian shipping and civilian passenger vessels including hospital ships will be prohibited from being harmed by any privateer.
My nation is: Image Kundrati / My party is: Kundrati Democracy
"Instead realize that your country [Kundrati] isn’t special..." - Farsun
hyraemous

Postby BananaZebra » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:59 pm

Qisma el-Kamal, Badaran Representative to the World Congress General Assembly

While we acknowledge the harshness of our actions regarding Special Operation Kraken and Kafuri vessels in our waters, this move comes only after finding significant circumstantial evidence of the involvement of Kafuristan in the piracy crisis. Most pirate ships that have been captured are solely crewed by Kafuri citizens, and many have no history of piracy at all prior to this crisis. We request an investigation into this matter, or that Kafuristan send their navy to our aid. We will allow the Kafuri in as friends, but as of now we are not so sure we can have faith in our southern neighbor.

I would also like to assure the Assembly - and the honorable Representative of the Kundrati Union - that no civilian or trade vessels have been destroyed nor even attacked; all non-military vessels are simply impounded if they are found too close to our shores, or led out of Badaran waters by patrol boats. Any claim that Badara is destroying or attacking civilian or trade vessels is false. Badara respects human rights, and would not senselessly slaughter those innocents simply caught up in their government's poor decisions.

I would also bring to attention the fact that Kafuristan has threatened Badara via diplomatic channels, saying that we have "stabbed them in the back" due to our defense of Majatra at large, and that our nations will no longer be able to "call each other friends." In light of these heightened tensions, we feel that Special Operation Kraken is justified.

I therefore implore you to vote against Resolution 134.
Hizb al-Ishtiraki al-Dimuqrati (Badara)
Uniós Párt | Partidul Unirii (New Endralon and Kizenia)
BananaZebra

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:28 pm

Ashley Starling, Hutorian Ambassador to the World Congress

We thank clarification from the Permenant Representative for the United Kingdom of Lourenne. The Kingdom of Hutori is willing and already undetaking support of these anti-piracy measures with the deployment of a naval squadron that will join the Lourannis 5th Fleet to aid in this endeavor.

On other business I won't deign to respond to the Yeudi representative, I think her response speaks for itself.

Lastly, I want to directly confront the comment by our colleague from Badara. This is another case of heresay, no different then the comments from Beitenyu. Unless the Badaran Representative can provide proof of such comments being made by the new Kafuri Government, who by all other appearances appears to be negotiating in good faith with Beitenyu to try and end this diplomatic crisis. Does the Representative have any proof that Kafuristan made any of these comments to, as they said, heighten tensions?
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby BananaZebra » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:44 pm

Qisma el-Kamal, Badaran Representative to the World Congress General Assembly
I concede to the Hutorian Ambassador, and would like to clarify for the record that the threat was issued personally by the now deceased President al-Saad - not the new government.

However, the government of Badara is not very inclined to believe the new government is our friend. They have done little to decrease the tensions they've built with our nation, and while they have reached out to make amends to Beiteynu there is no mention of amends to Badara for the piracy surge they are implicated in orchestrating.

Until this is resolved, we think it best for our national security that the special operation persists.
Hizb al-Ishtiraki al-Dimuqrati (Badara)
Uniós Párt | Partidul Unirii (New Endralon and Kizenia)
BananaZebra

Postby Drax » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:01 pm

Foreign Minister Michel Malfois, Republique Kanjorienne

We would ask the Honorable Qisma el-Kamal, Badaran Representative to the World Congress General Assembly, who certainly seems to be much more knowledgeable on the subject of the piracy threat in the Sea of Majatra than any of the rest of us attending the General Assembly, whether there is any reason to believe the Majatran Security Cooperation Organization's Collective Marine Response Force (MSCO's CMRF)can not adequately deal with the piracy in question?

We would have thought the MSCO CMRF would have been more than enough, but if it is not, should the World Congress be sending help? Does the Badatran Representative believe volunteers should be sending naval forces because the MSCO CMRF is not capable?
Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP), Dundorf, Active
Deltarianska Narodna Strana (DNS), Deltaria, Active
Dedicated to the proposition.
Drax

Postby Autokrator15 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:07 pm

Lord George Loyd Bailey, Imperial Ambassador to the World Congress, Holy Luthorian Empire
[takes a sip of his tea cup and puts it down] [clears his throat] When one is confronted by so much hatred and evil one must not look away. The Imperial Government will not condemn the government of Kafuristan, for we do not recognise this junta, this barbarian gang as a legitimate government. In our perspective the reigns of normal government have been usurped, driven away by madmen.

Not only have they closed the tap of oil for an entire continent, they also from what we have heard here over the last days entertained vicious piracy in the Sea of Lost Souls. The Badaran government has obviously tried to protect itself from these monsters. Yet we understand that possibly with good intentions they are over doing it.

[sips a bit of tea before continuing his speech]

The Imperial Government is willing and able and shall make all necessary preparations for the Imperial Navy to supply ships for an international coalition to fight these rebels. We shall send a flotilla to Mordusia and Alduria for refueling, if their kind governments would allow it, then join up with the rest of the willing-powers. We must recognise that we are the free world, that we have the means, the power to stop tyranny. To fight for what is right!

The Holy Luthorian Empire will not recognise the new moderate government, a continuation of this junta, until they answer for the murder of various innocent Yeudi people. One cannot stand for these crimes. But one also must admit when a situation is turning, we are glad that the Kafuri junta is seeing their errors and is moderating. We are pleased to see that they are talking with the Beiteynu government. However we will see for how long that lasts. We call for immediate restoration of proper democracy, a full apology to the affected families and for those who caused it all to be held responsible and be put before a court of law.

[clicks off the microphone and pours some more tea]
Autokrator15

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive