85th Security Council Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

85th Security Council Session

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:15 pm

Image Mrs. Juliette Le Fromage, General-Secretary of the World Congress

The World Congress welcomes members to the 85th Security Council Session.The elected members of the Security Council at the commencement of this term are Kundrati, Beiteynu, Tukarali, Lourenne and Nsanlosa. Elected members have eighteen months to present a representative to the Security Council or they will forfeit their position for the duration of the term and the runner-up in their seat will replace them.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Re: 85th Security Council

Postby _nicolo_02 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:37 pm

Ms. Zehava Landau, Deputy Representative to the Security Council, State of Beiteynu:
Good evening. Starting this term as Representative for Beiteynu will be me, Zehava Landau, the Deputy of Gabriel Schwarz, who is at the moment unable to fulfill his duties as he’s on paternity leave.
Currently in:
- Dundorf: Dundorfs Sozialdemokratische Partei
- Beiteynu: Mifelegett Ha'avodah

Member of the Role-Play Committee (RPC)
_nicolo_02

Postby hyraemous » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:48 pm

Matyas Tomas, Representative of the Kundrati Union for the World Congress

My predecessor has unfortunately passed away from complications of stomach cancer and I am therefore taking his place as representative of this assembly for Kundrati for the kind people of Artania at-large. Greetings and glory and I will immediately propose the following resolution for the Southern Dovani situation:

RESOLUTION 8X OF THE WORLD CONGRESS SECURITY COUNCIL
Adopted at the 84th Session of the Security Council

RECOGNIZING the ongoing deteriorating situation in southern Dovani between Bazgaristan, Medina, and surrounding states which seem unlikely to cease or calm down in the interim

FEARING that this conflict may produce innumerable amount of refugees that surrounding countries may be unlikely to handle on their own

CALLS for a diplomatic meeting to be held in a neutral country away from both conflicting sides to deal with the ongoing crisis and conflict between the two countries with the express purpose of calming the tension down and calming any refugee crisis that arises

FURTHER CALLS for a peacekeeping mission and advisors to be sent to the Kingdom of Hanzen which is expected to recieve innumberable amounts of refugees as a result of the ongoing tension, alongside other nearby neighboring countries that may choose to recieve refugees and are unable to handle the migration by themselves

DECLARING that the peacekeeping mission shall be led by Lourenne for whom shall take the responsibility and task of managing the refugee crisis with the peacekeepers on hand alongside optional contributions to be asked for every World Congress Security Council member in order to contribute to the mission
My nation is: Image Kundrati / My party is: Kundrati Democracy
"Instead realize that your country [Kundrati] isn’t special..." - Farsun
hyraemous

Postby Luis1p » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:01 pm

Image Alejandra Bechamaise, Permanent Representative of the United Kingdom of Lourenne to the World Congress

Chères Collegues,

We ask that this council's attention be directed towards the comments made by the honorable representative from the Jelbek Khanate. the united Kingdom has done its independent part on attempting to quell the fears and tensions in Majatra over the Kafuri regime and its related effects on malignant actors.

We call upon the members in this council, including our president from Kundrati, to consider the following:

• Officially denounce the Kafuri Regime and its associated supporters.
  • Use the World Congress Peacekeeping and Assistance Force to ensure piracy and conduct are deterred.
  • Prepare humanitarian for any affected groups.
  • Agree to hold criminal trials for individuals accused of violating human rights at the International Human Rights Court in Lourenne.

We understand the precariousness of these proposals and the severity our inaction may cause in Majatra, however, a failure to pass these proposals will result in a loss of confidence from the United Kingdom, in which case, we will take matters of security into our own hands.

We open the floor to debate.
Luis1p

Postby hyraemous » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:15 pm

Matyas Tomas, Representative of the Kundrati Union for the World Congress (and President of the WCSC)

We recognize the comments by Lourenne. I submit the following resolution for discussion:

RESOLUTION 8X OF THE WORLD CONGRESS SECURITY COUNCIL
Adopted at the 84th Session of the Security Council

RECOGNIZING the instability going on in southeastern Majatra

FURTHER RECOGNIZING Majatran efforts to contain the violence and the instability caused by the Kafuristan regime as a result of Kafuri attempts to halt oil and natural gas supplies from being delivered to their continental counterparts

UNDERSTANDING that these efforts risk catastrophic effects for the rest of Terra

CALLS FOR the Kafuristani regime to immediately cease all efforts to continue their attempts at instability towards the rest of Majatra by, at a bare minimum, restoring without delay all existing natural gas and oil contracts secured in prior governments of Majatran and Kafuristani governments

CALLS FOR the Kafuristani regime to release foreigners suspected of or in jail over any crimes of a political nature and, if these persons were executed, give just compensation to the families of the executed persons or, if impossible for any reason, the government of the person's citizenship

DEMANDS the Kafuristani regime to ensure that all measures are taken for the protection of their waters from pirates

FURTHER DEMANDS the Kafuristani regime to halt any support of any piracy in Terra and, where possible, uphold the rule of law and the Law of the Sea (an internationally-signed treaty for the protection of trade and the seas) within their waters

FUTHER DEMANDS that in the effect Kafuristan refuses to do so, Resolutions 59 and 109 shall be applied in order to force their compliance, investigate their inaction and refusal and punish such wherever possible, and to place such a responsibility towards the World Congress Peacekeeping and Assistance Force

DEMANDS that any Kafuristani official or person involved in the violation of human rights to be subject to trial at the International Human Rights Court without delay alongside persons involved in the violation of already-established World Congress Security Council resolutions

DECLARES that, if Kafuristan is unable to or refuses to comply with this resolution and Resolutions 59 and 109, the Majatran Security and Cooperation Organization shall be charged with the enforcement of this resolution alongside any other countries' contributions to the World Congress Peacekeeping and Assistance Force subject to a joint command under the control of the MSCO and the Security Council

FURTHER DECLARES this joint command to have the additional task of managing humanitarian aid being sent to Majatra as a whole and affected innocent Kafuristanis in particular, including and especially oil and natural gas supplies, which shall be protected by naval fleets under the control of this joint command
hyraemous

Postby hyraemous » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:44 pm

Matyas Tomas, Representative of the Kundrati Union for the World Congress (and President of the WCSC)

Noting the urgency of the situation that calls for an immediate resolution, I will have to place this resolution to vote. Your voting chambers shall open shortly.

Edit: Voting is open now (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9492).
hyraemous

Postby hyraemous » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:08 am

Matyas Tomas, Representative of the Kundrati Union for the World Congress (and President of the WCSC):

I would like to reintroduce the un-passed resolution regarding establishing the International Court of Justice which will be copied below for the sake of convienence. If there are any modifications, they shall be in italics. The linked resolution is the original which was not passed.

In line with the following proposition, the International Court of Justice shall be founded.

The International Court of Justice:

Article 1.
i) On the immediate passing of this proposal as a resolution in the Security Council of the General Assembly, the Civil Judicial Body of the World Congress named the 'International Court of Justice' will be established.
ii) The 'International Court of Justice' will serve to rule on international disputes with regards to borders, deportation or human rights issues etc. between nations. It will be a civil judicial body and will not interfere with criminal law.
iii) The court can only hear a dispute when both countries involved have ratified the treaty to recognise the International Court of Justice and say that they will participate in court action, whether they raise a dispute or defend an dispute. The treaty will be named 'Recognition and Participation in the International Court of Justice'. Any nation can give evidence, even if they have not ratified the aforementioned treaty.
iv) The Luthorian (English) Language will be the standard language for the International Court of Justice.
v) The International Court of Justice shall be headquartered in the international territories of Whale Island. A second auxiliary location for the International Court of Justice shall be established in Eroncourt, Lourenne.

Article 2.
i) A total of 9 judges will serve in the International Court of Justice. These judges will be elected in conjunction with Security Council Elections, with Judges from Seats A-E being automatically allowed to be judges. The other 4 positions will go to Judges from nations that have the next most votes after the nation's elected.
ii) International Lawyers are eligible to represent any nation in Court, however, it is recommended that top International Lawyers represent their own nation.

Article 3.
i) The following process will be used to hear cases:

1. A nation that has ratified the Recognition and Participation in the International Court of Justice can propose to the 9 Judges of the ICoJ to have their dispute heard. A simple majority of judges is required in order for the case to be heard.
2. If the judges accept to hear the claimant nations dispute, the opposition nation are informed and a date(s) (OOC: Real life) for the court case to be heard is decided. If the Judges do NOT accept to hear the dispute, they must advise why they did not accept to hear it. At this point, the claimant nation is dismissed.
3. Once court is in session, an official case archive will be created, titled as following: Claimiant Nation vs. Opposition Nation (Issue 'x' eg. Land Border dispute).
4. The following dispute hearing system will be adopted:

The claimant presents their case, calls witnesses, individuals, organisational or national representatives to give a statement. They will cross-examine the statement.

The opposition presents their case, cross examines previous witnesses, calls his own witnesses and cross-examines statements.

This process of cross-examination repeats until completed.

The claimant concludes their case.

The opposition nation concludes their case.

The judges deliberate and vote to 'support' the dispute or 'oppose' the dispute. If at this point a simple majority of judges oppose the dispute, the case is dropped. If there is a majority support of the disute, the case moves to the next stage.

The judges recommend a course of action, and put in place precautions if that course of action is not carried out by the opposer. eg. If the course of action is to restore original border, and the opposition nation refuses, the judges propose potential economic or military sanctions on the opposer.

The case is completed and placed in the archives.

Further Notices:

The 9 judges do not necessarily have to come from nations who have ratified the treaty- however that would be ideal.

With regards to cases involving nations who have raised or are opposing a dispute and have a judge on the court, that judge would be excused from the court and the judge from the nation with the most SC votes would have a double vote.

Judges should always remain impartial and base their verdicts upon the facts of that case- they are held accountable by the electorate- as they are voted in at the time of the SC, and if it comes across that they are acting in the interests of their nations alliance's etc. rather than on the facts of the case- then nations can change their vote and get them out of the court.
hyraemous

Postby hyraemous » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:00 pm

Matyas Tomas, Representative of the Kundrati Union for the World Congress (and President of the WCSC):

I will note that the old Resolution 14 which did not pass was written by another delegate. I was just told this in the backchannels of this esteemed assembly. With tht in mind, as I hear no objections I will put this resolution to a vote. Your voting consoles should activate soon.
hyraemous

Postby Luis1p » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:55 pm

ImageAlejandra Bechamaise, Permanent Representative of the United Kingdom of Lourenne to the World Congress

Cheres Colleagues, I submit this resolution for debate for an immediate vote.

Recognizes the instability continuing in Majatra.

Acknowledges attempts made by regional powers for peace and the future cessation of hostilities.

Understands that further provocation against civilian vessels initiated by Jumhuriat al-Badara present a risk to both regional peace and to innocent lives.

Demands for Jumhuriat al-Badara to end active operations against civilian vessels near its waters.

Calls for members of the international community to condemn the active operations set forth by Jumhuriat al-Badara.

Declares that the World Congress Peacekeeping and Assistance Force will work with continental organizations such as MSCO, to ensure that Jumhuriat al-Badara:
-Agrees to cease the targeting of civilian vessels.
-Shifts their focus to non-aligned, anti-piracy efforts.
Luis1p

Postby hyraemous » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:02 pm

Your voting consoles should already be opened at this point already. Voting shall commence for the resolution regarding the International Court of Justice alongside the vote regarding Badara.
hyraemous

Next

Return to Sessions Archive