85th Security Council Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: 85th Security Council

Postby hyraemous » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:46 pm

Matyas Tomas, Representative of the Kundrati Union for the World Congress (and President of the WCSC):

I would also like to introduce a resolution to add a revision to a certain portion of a prior resolution, Resolution 109, in order to help protect innocent shipping from actions of other governments for which these ships transverse upon.

RESOLUTION 135 OF THE WORLD CONGRESS SECURITY COUNCIL
Adopted at the 84th Session of the Security Council

Noting the importance of international shipping and legal international transportation on the world's economy,

Also noting the possibility for such transportation to be affected by piracy and privateers, and that these ships place themselves at risk of piracy and privateers at every voyage they take, therefore:

Changes the last article of Resolution 109 regarding the International maritime laws to the following (noted in italics):

"Recognizes the ancient custom of privateering and proclaims it distinct from piracy, recognizing that privateers are at war with only one nation, not all nations, so long as only military or quasi-military ships are targetted. Civilian shipping and merchant vessels, alongside civilian transportation vessels, hospital ships and civilian ships for humanitarian purposes, alongside any other ships already protected by prior World Congress resolutions."
My nation is: Image Kundrati / My party is: Kundrati Democracy
"Instead realize that your country [Kundrati] isn’t special..." - Farsun
hyraemous

Previous

Return to Sessions Archive