86th Security Council Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

86th Security Council Session

Postby Luis1p » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:41 pm

Image Mr Dharashan Hemantha, General-Secretary of the World Congress:
We invite members, Kundrati, Beiteynu, Tukarali, Lourenne, and Hanzen to send a representative.

72 hours will be given to present a candidate. Failure to represent a candidate will result in the runner up to ascend to the seat.
Luis1p

Re: 86th Security Council Session

Postby _nicolo_02 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:30 pm

Mrs. Sharon Aristocrat-Goldbloom, Permanent Representative to the WC, Modelet Medinat of Beiteynu
January 5402

Good morning fellow representatives, I'll be representing the Modelet Medinat of Beiteynu in this new term, after duly appointment by the Amìra Administration.
Currently in:
- Dundorf: Dundorfs Sozialdemokratische Partei
- Beiteynu: Mifelegett Ha'avodah

Member of the Role-Play Committee (RPC)
_nicolo_02

Postby hyraemous » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:18 pm

Salinator Chilenmensky, Representative of the Kundrati Unnion for the Security Council

I take Kundrati's seat for this term. Greetings Representatives. The last representative has gone into retirement somewhere which I can't say. Let us continue the work of the last session of this wonderful Security Council.
My nation is: Image Kundrati / My party is: Kundrati Democracy
"Instead realize that your country [Kundrati] isn’t special..." - Farsun
hyraemous

Postby Murilo Pilao » Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:00 am

Roberto Queiroz, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Tukarali

Esteemed dignataries, the Government of Tukarali would like to present fellow diplomat Sérgio Mello as the representative for the Tukarese bid to the seat C of the World Congress Security Council.
Murilo Pilao

Postby Luis1p » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:20 pm

Image Amadeo of Orléans-Vasser-Montalivet, Interim Representative of the United Kingdom of Lourenne to the World Congress.

Esteemed deputies and ambassadors,

I am pleased to Represent Her Royal Majesty's will and the Royal Government of the United Kingdom of Lourenne.

I am happy to see the world's continued support and trust for the United Kingdom in Seat D of the Security Council.

I am here to take the place of former representative Alejandra Bechamaise, who was sacked by the Palace of Oisy. As a member of the Royal Family and a professor of International Politics, I am happy to tackle on the world's issues and concerns with you all.
Luis1p

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:26 pm

Kolatee Luang Representative of the Kingdom of Hanzen for the Security Council

Esteemed dignitaries, The Kingdom of Hanzen would like to present Kolatee Luang as the Representative for the Hanzense bid to seat E of the World Congress Security Council.
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby hyraemous » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:31 pm

Salinator Chilenmensky, Representative of the Kundrati Union for the Security Council

I am interested in the idea of an abolishment of certain nations having the right to have nuclear weapons in the first place and to condemn any country's use of the atom bomb. Having such a distinction of a nuclear power only serves to highlight certain countries as better than others in the field of nuclear research and science as a whole. We have banned chemical and biological weapons to my knowledge as an assembly and yet with nuclear weapons, with such destructive powers similar if not worse than a chemical or biological weapon, they are merely left to only one or two powers to make and have. I would like the other representatives' opinions on such a matter.
hyraemous

Postby Murilo Pilao » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:57 pm

Sérgio Mello, Representative of the Tukarese Republic for the Security Council

Esteemed dignataries,

In the name of the Tukarese Republic, I shall concur with the point brought up to light by the representative from Kundrati in regards to the status of nuclear weapons in the current international scenario. We believe that such a devastating weapon in terms of potential destruction, can offer no good to international stability, and that its possession should be limited as much as possible, if not completely abolished. I shall as well, however, address our nation's hesitancy with the current regime for nuclear weapons, formalized by the Treaty to Ban Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) Weapons. Although we agree on the premise that there should be an international ban for such weapons, we also believe that all countries should be free to pursue energy policies and the development of other technologies relating to the usage of biological, chemical and nuclear resources however they see fit. It is with that thought in mind that the Tukarese Government would like to present a possibility for other nations in the Council, of an international binding treaty, that satisfies both sides, that being to agree on an international ban on biological, chemical and nuclear weapons, whilst it being legal to research technologies relating to these resources for passive means, with its research being inspected by an international body, comprised of all nations in Terra.

Thank you esteemed dignataries for your time.
Murilo Pilao

Postby hyraemous » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:58 pm

Salinator Chilenmensky, Representative of the Kundrati Union for the Security Council

I agree as to the concerns brought up by the representative from Tukarali. However, I am very concerned that the development of such weapons, the nuclear and biological and chemical varients, will only embolden other countries to strive for something similar. And what will happen when these states fall apart? Who will be able to secure these weapons from rebels and those seeking harm upon others? Energy policies should be free from restriction wherever possible, that I can agree with, though I would like to add that they shall be free from restriction unless the purpose is of a military nature. There are many weapons we can use to destroy each other with - you do not need a glowing weapon to defend your shores after all.

However, your point is not fully disagreed by myself. I do believe we have an organization dedicated to inspecting nations who comply with our resolutions relating to nuclear and atomic power. The Terran Atomic Energy Organization already exists in order to ensure that nations can develop nuclear technology in a purely peaceful and safe manner and punishing countries that intend to develop or use them for nefarious purposes. Perhaps a treaty that can include the provisions of the Treaty to Ban Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Weapons and the already existing TAEO may be best for our world?

Resolution relating to the TAEO: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9274
hyraemous

Postby hyraemous » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:09 pm

I would like to further reintroduce the following resolution for debate and vote which was provided by my predecessor, which will revise Resolution 109 of our esteemed Security Council.

RESOLUTION 135 OF THE WORLD CONGRESS SECURITY COUNCIL
Adopted at the 86th Session of the Security Council and revising Resolution 109 of the Security Council

Noting the importance of international shipping and legal international transportation on the world's economy,

Also noting the possibility for such transportation to be affected by piracy and privateers, and that these ships place themselves at risk of piracy and privateers at every voyage they take, therefore:

Changes the last article of Resolution 109 regarding the International maritime laws to the following (noted in italics):

"Recognizes the ancient custom of privateering and proclaims it distinct from piracy, recognizing that privateers are at war with only one nation, not all nations, so long as only military or quasi-military ships are targetted. Civilian shipping and merchant vessels, alongside civilian transportation vessels, hospital ships and civilian ships for humanitarian purposes, alongside any other ships already protected by prior World Congress resolutions, shall not be subject to seizure by any pirate or privateer."
Last edited by hyraemous on Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
hyraemous

Next

Return to Sessions Archive