52nd General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: 52nd General Assembly Session

Postby Rogue » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:37 pm

Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Aethan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:48 pm

Pontesi's representative can talk all he wants, while everyone here can observe his state of mind. In relation to Yingdala, we do not meddle in business between two nations, although the version that they offer differs to a large extent from the one that the Pontesi representative wants to offer.

Loreia Turpilias
Selucian Ambassador to the World Congress
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby jrandle8 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:54 pm

Image Ms. Yaling Mai Yun, Yingdalan Ambassador to the World Congress

Dignified members of the World Congress General Assembly, I have served as the Yingdalan representative for over two decades. Respect for each other was my highest concern and I believe I achieved that. Now, we are faced with an economic recession over a misconception.

Recently, our Foreign Minister Ah Hui Tu brokered a deal with Pontesi that would enable human rights violations to end. The death camps in Pontesi is a gross attempt of genocide to the Selucian people and we have never supported such policy. The conversations between Yingdala and Pontesi strictly showed our distaste in those death camps and we have repeatedly stated that during such talks. Our main goal was to get rid of death camps in exchange for some investment. We took a different route than a majority of you guys, and we were successful at ending those death camps. Now, we are being punished by members of the Northern Council who failed in their diplomatic efforts.

We believe that every nation has the duty to govern according to their principles and values. That is why massive deportation of the Selucian people was proposed to Pontesi, giving them their right to live freely without the fear of facing the death camps. Wasn’t the main goal to end these death camps? Wasn’t the main goal to secure the lives of millions of Selucians who would have lost it in those death camps? So why must my people suffer for liberating another group of people from a harsh and i humane practice of another regime?

Pontesi has clearly misinterpreted Yingdala’s “acceptance”. We have never supported death camps and never will. Nor do we support policies that violate human rights. If Pontesi don’t clearly follow our agreement word for word, we will back out of it quickly. That might restore death camps in Pontesi but apparently the international community, mainly the Northern Council, would rather want that instead of the agreed solution.

What Dorvik and Lourenne and others have done to Yingdala is totally unacceptable. If they wanted to know our intentions, they could have asked us before putting sanctions. They acted quickly and hastily at an opportunity to put my country in a dire situation, opening up a doorway for them.

While I am a bit annoyed, I must ask this. Is this what diplomacy is? Really, is it? I ask each of the members here to really think about this situation in the complexity of its detail. Yingdala took successful diplomatic actions to end DEATH CAMPS in Pontesi and was punished for it. If that ain’t ridiculous, then I don’t know what is.
民族自由黨 (Yu Imperial Union) in Yingdala & House of Yu Clan (Inactive)
民族自由黨 (United Nationalist Federation) in Dankuk (Active)
jrandle8

Postby Aethan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:15 pm

Mr. Mai Yung,

We were waiting for the Yingdalan response as, as expressed by myself, what we heard differed in a great extent from the version given by Pontesian representatives.

However, we want to ask you a question: do you consider that human rights are interchangeable for merchandise? The problem with the solution posed by Yingdala is that any nation that wants to do business simply has to oppress the citizens who live along its borders so that the international community is willing to accept their requests. In Selucia we certainly do not think so. We believe that human rights are inherent in our own condition and therefore are not subject to any type of commercialization by any nation. The main objective of censoring Pontesi's actions and making it change course is not only to save the lives of the citizens of Selucia, Mr. Mai Yun. Most of them were already evacuated at the time, and Pontesi knows what will happen if the rest do not follow the same path. The main objective, however, is to protect the rest of the citizens who are in the land of Pontesi from the atrocities that their government is committing. And reaching commercial agreements with them as a response to them closing those death camps, we do not consider it to be the solution. However, we appreciate the explanations given to the international community. The citizens of Selucia have been targeted precisely for denouncing this practice, but who knows the millions of citizens who will suffer the same fate in this territory.

Loreia Turpilias
Selucian Ambassador to the World Congress
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby imperialpearl » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:29 pm

Image Dr. Thierry Di Costa, Keymonite Ambassador to the World Congress
The Republic of Keymon has decided to accept 1.2 million ethnic Selucians from Pontesi (over a five-year period) to allow for these persons to gain access to better lives than would have been made available to them in Pontesi. In recognition of the fact that the Yingdalan government was responsible for this evolving humanitarian situation through its proposal to the Pontesian Government to deport 12.6 million persons (30% of Pontesi's population), we believe that we are just in demanding Yingdalan financial assistance for taking in these refugees. Whilst one may be justified in his criticism of major powers on their slowness to act on the situation, it should not be used (by any means) as justification for creating a major humanitarian situation, as some attempt to "palm off" blame.
imperialpearl

Postby Rafland » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:49 pm

Representative Arthur Karapetyan Pontesi hanrapetut'yun (Pontesi)

I would like to say becuase of international critisism that the Yingdalan government has withdrawn from its deal with me. Therefore, death camps will continue across Pontesi whether we like it or not. As for priority groups, Communists Anti-government and Ahmadists are being slaughtered in these camps as we speak. The beginning of thousands of years of Pontesi has begun. Long live Fascism! All hail Fascism! All hail Pontesi!
Rafland

Postby jrandle8 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:08 pm

Image Ms. Yaling Mai Yun, Yingdalan Ambassador to the World Congress

The Selucian and Keymonite Ambassadors have made some great points that I would like to address in order to bring credibility to such statements. Before I do that, I must say that Yingdala has backed out of its deal with Pontesi. What happens next is not the cause of Yingdala, but the cause of the Northern Council and the actions of Pontesi. While our deal with Pontesi was still in the negotiation phase, which would have brought all parties to the table to air out grievances and come up with a solution, Pontesi honored their commitment to end those death camps before we move forward with talks open to all parties.

To address Ambassador Turpilias, Yingdala does not believe that human rights are transactional, nor is it interchangeable for merchandise. Furthermore, we acknowledge and stand by all of the human rights treaties we entered into as well as World Congress policies regarding human rights. While we support your goal, as stated in your statement, we feel as if you let an opportunity, which I explained earlier in my current statement, go to waste that would bring all such parties to the table.

To address Ambassador Costa, Yingdala had a plan to allow all 12.6 million persons into Yingdala as refugees/asylum seekers. If we made a deal that impacted the international community, we certainly would pay for it; however, as I mentioned, suspending death camps was just the beginning of ending this problem, not a solution. We appreciate your willingness, however, to accept 1.2 million ethnic Selucians from Pontesi, but we wouldn't have asked you to and since you offered, we would not offer financial assistance to you.

I must say, however, that we recognize our wrong and our hastiness, and for that, we have officially withdrawn our proposal to Pontesi and have ended all communication with them on this matter. Yingdala stands firmly against oppressive governments and we actively seek to rid Terra of such oppression. We further will not involve ourselves in this matter. Foreign Minister Ah Hui Tu will be making such an announcement later on and is being forced to resign for bringing dishonor to Yingdala.
民族自由黨 (Yu Imperial Union) in Yingdala & House of Yu Clan (Inactive)
民族自由黨 (United Nationalist Federation) in Dankuk (Active)
jrandle8

Postby Drax » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:09 pm

Foreign Minister Salman Duqaq, Jumhuriat al-Badara

Think we are all doing the best we can in a challenging situation where some of us see hope in one direction and some in others. Many of us prefer diplomacy to war. Some of us prefer diplomacy to war where possible.

There is a mediation conference between the Majatran Security Organization and the Pontesi regime at Meremburg in progress sponsored by Minister-President Franz Von Fritz of Narikaton and Darnussia who is serving as mediator. Our own hope is that a settlement can be reached there.

Compromises are possible. I am pretty much aware of what the delegation from the Majatran Security Organizaton would be willing to accommodate in view of respect for national sovereignty and national security. The question is whether the Pontesi regime has any proposal that would meet those requirements. We have neither news nor national intelligence on that question.
Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP), Dundorf, Active
Deltarianska Narodna Strana (DNS), Deltaria, Active
Dedicated to the proposition.
Drax

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:40 am

Lisa Marie Montclair
Hutorian Ambassador to the World Congress

The Government of the Kingdom of Hutori will have additional comment on the situation in Pontesi at a later time, but we are willing to allow the international conference lead by the MSO continue with our colleagues in the Kingdom of Dorvik spearheading the response of the Northern Council, however we can wait during this massive humanitarian crisis. The Kingdom of Hutori will gladly take in as many of the 8.1 Million Jelbek speaking natives of Pontesi as the Pontesian government will allow to leave the nation. Any Jelbek speaking Pontesian need only make it any international consulate that has diplomatic relations with the Kingdom of Hutori, or a Hutorian consulate or Embassy, and we will grant you asylum and protection within the Kingdom of Hutori.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Reddy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:10 am

Beije Jlekai Omrsrmko Hyeon
Jelbania's Ambassador to the World Congress

So many of our colleagues here have expressed our own view on the shameful behaviour of these Pontesian thugs. We wish to announce our decision to take as many of the refugees who wish to settle in the Jelbek Khanate. We ask however that our friends and colleague in this august body assist us with resettlement aid - our government believes that anywhere between 50,000 and 500,000 Pnteks might choose to settle here, indeed the number might be higher.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Previous

Return to Sessions Archive