90th General Assembly Session

The primary forum for discussion between members of the World Congress which is open to national governments as well as religious institutions, labour unions and other organizations of international importance.

Moderator: RP Committee

90th General Assembly Session

Postby jamescfm » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:38 pm

Image Mr Mazzi Iweobiegbulam, General-Secretary of the World Congress:
Following the 5462 Security Council elections, the World Congress welcomes governments, political parties and other organisations to the 90th General Assembly Session.
jamescfm

Re: 90th General Assembly Session

Postby hyraemous » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:40 pm

Mikuláš Stejskal, Prime Minister of the Kundrati Union

Esteemed delegates.

May the Gods bless you all.

Barbarism is not the way to go. Committing to an unnecessary conflict is the way of northern barbarians, which we disavowed long ago. This bickering between states is wrong and only seeks to place the entirety of Terra under a cold war that only the Gods are immune from.

As I dare say, the entirety of Terra has fallen under a green curtain.

No generation before has feared for its future and its lives like this generation after the Dorvish eagle finally died. After their death, we thought we would have a future of hope—a future on which we can build our future and where we can be friends and work forever in harmony and unity. We had an idea that Beiteynu and Lourenne would be the shields that defended Terra from savages who wanted to rip the peace away.

Yet savages have remained. We have not tried hard enough, my country, Beiteynu, Lourenne, everyone. And the consequence? We now think that the old ways of those savages are the right ways to do things.

I am guilty of this myself, and Kundrati is too. We will not deny that our action in Kirlawa, while justified and reasonable, was the wrong way to do things. Diplomacy must prevail wherever possible. Yet I see ahead two dinosaurs willing, able, and ready to kill each other off.

Why must Terra be afraid? Why must Terra, the wonderful mother, creator of all good, unifier of the world, be terrified? Has harmony not been enough?

[his voice raises at this point, almost to an angry yell]

They say the law falls silent when surrounded by swords. Sadly, this will be true if we keep going. We are fortunate that we banned nuclear weapons lest we see that this Cold War be our last ever war, lest we see that this green curtain would be there for all eternity. I cry at night thinking of the future, thinking of a Kundrati divided, thinking of an Artania divided by the wants of those who believe playing God is the answer.

Does Beiteynu and Lourenne want to murder everyone? Has peace become a toy you can play with and discard when unnecessary?

Shame on you both. You both are our allies, but even friends and allies must be honest when our friends and allies do something stupid. You throw azharas, naval forces, whatever at each other and think that you both will survive this or that either of you will survive this?

[screaming] Enough of this stupidity!

[calming down] If either side has to become toddlers, we must act like adults. We must now defend ourselves. The thought of peace with this action is unnecessary; now, we have death.

[almost crying, tears rolling from his eyes] I urge every Artanian and Terran to think of the future when they see the headlines of Terra being divided by the green curtain between Beiteynu and Lourenne. When I was young, we never thought that Terra's parents would divorce, that things would be happy forever, and they would be there until we were ready. Now Terra's parents have divorced. Things are no longer happy.

And we must live with these consequences forever.
hyraemous

Postby Luis1p » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:44 pm

Luz Maria du Mer, Permanent Representative of the United Kingdom of Lourenne and the Union of Canrille to the World Congress.

Thank you for your performance, your Artanian excellency.
Luis1p

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:45 pm

Ishram Shteman, Deputy Representative to the World Congress, Homeland State of Beiteynu

Beiteynu finds itself concurring with the Lourennais representative.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Mbites » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:53 pm

Theodor zu Festenfels, Permanent Representative of the Dual Republic to the World Congress General Assembly
*Gestures to the representative of Kundrati if he has enough handkerchiefs*
"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

Postby hyraemous » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:54 pm

Mbites wrote:Theodor zu Festenfels, Permanent Representative of the Dual Republic to the World Congress General Assembly
*Gestures to the representative of Kundrati if he has enough handkerchiefs*

By this time the Prime Minister had stormed off, angered at the reaction from the Beiteynuese and Lourennaise representatives. The Kundrati representative for the World Congress General Assembly gestures to their Dual Republican counterparts that they have handkerchiefs.
hyraemous

Postby hyraemous » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:18 pm

Mikuláš Stejskal, Prime Minister of the Kundrati Union

Ladies and gentlemen.

You all have yourselves to blame.

This war is egomaniacal. A war that was pushed out of control by maniacs who believe their cause is right.

You laugh, and you whine, just like myself. Scheme all you wish. The entire world is going to die, after all.

As we all know, the World Congress is just a paper tiger. Why must we respect it? The leading members of this assembly already wish to disobey its founding principle—to maintain peace throughout the world.

Good luck, everyone. May the Gods bless you all. You both will die like me and everyone around us. You only have yourselves to blame.

[The Prime Minister leaves.]
hyraemous

Postby Luis1p » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:22 pm

Luz Maria du Mer, Permanent Representative of the United Kingdom of Lourenne and the Union of Canrille to the World Congress.

We thank the Prime Minister of Kundrati for his most intelligent, inspiring, and thought-provoking words. Next in Queue please!
Luis1p

Return to General Assembly