OOC: General Assembly Discussion

The primary forum for discussion between members of the World Congress which is open to national governments as well as religious institutions, labour unions and other organizations of international importance.

Moderator: RP Committee

OOC: General Assembly Discussion

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:05 pm

This topic is reserved for out-of-character discussions of General Assembly affairs.
jamescfm

Re: OOC: General Assembly Discussion

Postby jamescfm » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:28 pm

Players don't need to announce a representative in the General Assembly. The nature of the body is such that if we all did this it would fill several pages of the thread.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:35 pm

In reference to this comment about the demonym for Medina, "Medinese" has been used consistently since the country has existed and is even used on the information thread in reference to the "Medinese War". "Medinian" seems to have been invented by Lucipher a few weeks ago (at least according to the Forum).

As I have made clear in other cases, there is no reason why players need to change the demonym of a country and they certainly should not expect other players to go along with the change without a very compelling out-of-character reason.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:50 pm

Just a quick note, I noticed in the General Assembly that XanderOne was claiming to be the “legal representative of the Aurorian Patriarchal Church”. As the player controlling the Church, I was never contacted about this and it would not have been something that I approved. I’d like to give Xander the benefit of the doubt but would ask for some explanation of why this was done.
jamescfm

Postby XanderOne » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:33 pm

I simply didn't notice James requested the control of the APC when I wrote the replies. 13 August I wrote the two replies on the general assembly thread and the same day he informed me about it on discord, I think few hours after my last reply. Then, I didn't write nothing else after James informed me.

About what I wrote, I thought simply it was reasonable that a persecuted religion denounced such events toward the most important international organization, which has a specialized office aimed to oversee issues related to human rights, among which there is also freedom of religion.
And I found also reasonable that an organization, deprived of assets, confiscated and approprieted by a state, forced to the exile and hit so hardly, demands for some form of compensation for such expropriations (in fact Polites' RP law about the Constitution of Clergy states that "All religious property shall be considered ager publicus (public land) and shall be administered by the elected ministers of religion in the interest of their faithful and the common good", thus, considering the millennial presence of the APC in Selucia as major religion of the country, I thought it was reasonable the APC had such assets in Selucia and being the Empyrean Temple the PT equivalent of Vatican City I thought it was also reasonable the APC had such revenues from Museum and estates).

I had some differences of opinion with James on discord but then, as said, after he informed me he is currently controlling the APC, I didn't go through with the roleplay on the General Assembly.

That's all. There’s no looking for a "why" this was done, I simply thought such roleplay was funny (without knowing about James request of APC control and actually I even totally forgot about the existence of a thread where demand control for religions).

Do you need any other clarification?
XanderOne

Postby jamescfm » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:50 pm

I understand the confusion, that's why I wanted to seek clarification rather than just responding with an in-character message that might complicate things further. Given the situation I don't think it would be reasonable for me to retroactively revoke the role-play that was done. My primary issue was the idea of the Church pursuing a defamation case in Endralon, which seemed a little unnecessary.

The best option might be to clarify that it was the Church in Endralon that pursued this action. Generally though I do not mind agreeing to the lawsuits that have already been mentioned but moving forward would prefer to be consulted beforehand if it involves the Church leadership. I would prefer, too, that legal action stay clear of the World Congress.
jamescfm

Re: 46th General Assembly Session

Postby robmark0000 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:00 am

Image Ms. Szűcs Tamara
Representative of the Directorial Republic of Endralon to the Security Council of the World Congress

To the Jelbic delegation: OK BOOMER.
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Postby John Cracker » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:07 am

Considering boomer is a RL generation I don't think the IG comment is within the rules.
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby jamescfm » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:45 am

Agreed about the Boomer comment, it doesn't make any sense in the context of the game.
jamescfm

Postby robmark0000 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:46 am

Idk why I wrote this to the OOC discussion, but thx for the info @jc and @jamescfm

Then I will write something like this: OK JELBIC
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Next

Return to General Assembly