45th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: 45th General Assembly Session

Postby Pragma » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:18 pm

Image Aritey Ushant, Representative of the Vascanian Empire to the World Congress

The Vascanian government has had its fill of this utter farce.

A giant corporation is coercing poor nations into attacking another poor nation. It sounds, quite frankly, like 3M made an investment and it failed. Vascania is one-hundred-percent against, in all circumstances, the creation of a court in which large corporations and national governments are equal. We would not recognise such a court, we would not aid such a court in any way, we would take every opportunity to hinder such a court. The internal situation in Rapa Pile is the result of 3M's strangulation of the Pilese economy, which it dominates in a cartoonishly corrupt manner.

We concur with the Jakanian representative that there is no way that Endralon could be an unbiased juror in any matters relating to 3M. It has an inherent interest in one potential result and thus must recuse itself.

The ambassador from Mina is missing the point. We do not want corporations invited to this place. We did not invite them to speak and we wish nobody had. If a for-profit company registered in continental Vascania were to fail in a venture abroad, we would not cover them. That is their business; that is their risk to take. Unlike certain nations, we expect corporations to accept the consequences of their own failings. You are completely correct in saying, dear ambassador, that the World Congress only cares about affairs between one nation and another. At least we wish it did. In fact, we are supportive of any legislation to make this forum exclusive to governments.

I will ask MY question again: if Medina refuses to comply, what is expected to be done?
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Augustus Germanus » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:35 pm

Image Mukarram al-Yamin
Ambassador of the Republic of Mina to the World Congress

To answer YOUR question here is our answer. Since theft have been taken place, whether it was because Medina decided to change policy or not, they made an agreement with 3M and when Medina got what they wanted they kicked 3M out of the country without compensation for 3M's contributions. Justify it with national sovereignty or anything else, it was theft. I believe the creation of at least a "World Congress Committee of Multinational Organizations" could be done to solve issues like these. In this committee it will be decided whether some sort of sanction will be put on Medina or not, and then I don't mean a economic sanction or anything like that, but if it is deemed that Medina has committed theft against 3M, the committee then on the behalf of the World Congress, discourages other international corporations from investing and making deals with Medina. This is simple. Thank you.
Nationell Samling in Davostag Image
Augustus Germanus

Postby Pragma » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:45 pm

Image Aritey Ushant, Representative of the Vascanian Empire to the World Congress

You will have us sanction a developing nation because your corporate masters told you to? Let me be clear when I say Vascania will work tirelessly to ensure any such sanctionings on Medina will be hindered. I encourage you to tell your corporate masters to let this one go.

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Lucipher » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:57 pm

Image His Excellency Zadmehr Rizvi, First Secretary of the World Congress Secretariat of the Medinian Foreign Affairs Ministry
I would like to point out here, to sooth any tensions, that we did justify our seizure of 3M assets. There was no stealing, no thievery, no theft of any kind by Medina. We analyzed what 3M had cost us and, ironically, stolen from our workers. The way this was done was by comparing 3M profits in Medina with the companies' profits elsewhere in the world (particularly in the First World). It was calculated that twelve percent was the worldwide profit rate for these companies, and that they had made $774 million above this in Medina from 4771 to 4774, at it was decided that, to quote: "This deduction exceeded the book value of the companies' properties". Not only was this a factor, but attempting to find loopholes in Medinian labour laws to underpay workers on top of the insults they committed to our culture, society, and religion are undeniable. So please, members of the international community, do not use the "they stole from 3M" line your corporate masters have fed you.

On a further note, the Viceroy and Authority of the Zahiri Republic of Medina has decided to vocally oppose any 3M venture into Dovani, and is willing to assist any nation in removing 3M from their economy and help their economy grow after 3M is removed. It is our solemn promise to any nation that needs our help, in the eyes of Akim, Ahmad, and Zahir.
Currently:
Objectist Front (Scionist Fraction) (Hobrazia)
Formerly:
Vienota Kreiso/Astaritistu Koalīcija (Dolgava)
Controller of Medina in the Third World
Sameinaður Göfuga Sósíalistaflokk (Telamon)
Grey Eminence (Likatonia)
Lucipher

Postby Augustus Germanus » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:03 pm

Image Mukarram al-Yamin

Corporate masters huh? Well its always nice to have a civilized debate with others. But it it's easy for your nation to say. A strong economic power like yours shouldn't look down on underdeveloped nations like ours. Where have you been when underdeveloped nations needed help? Is it wrong for an underdeveloped nation to seek help from international corporations when NATIONS don't notice the suffering of our people? Of course how can the Vascanian representative possibly answer my last question, when they don't have a single clue over how it is to be underdeveloped! How does the Vascanian representatives have the stomach to accuse US of having corporate masters! When the fact is, our people and economy isn't even surviving so of course we are going to seek help wherever we can get it. So don't speak about developing nations as if you understood them!
Augustus Germanus

Postby Pragma » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:08 pm

Vascania is aware of what it is to be underdeveloped. Communities in our nation have struggled with poverty in the recent past. If the Minans wanted aid from Vascania, they simply should have asked. In fact, our nation was recently enlarged to include a set of islands, known as Rapa Pile, which are held hostage economically by 3M.

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Lucipher » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:20 pm

Image His Excellency Zadmehr Rizvi, First Secretary of the World Congress Secretariat of the Medinian Foreign Affairs Ministry
We would like for the representative from Mina to look at a map. (Provided below for convenience)
Medina is a fellow nation in Dovani. We aren't a strong economy, we have a weak one. And we've been developing before. We mean no disrespect to Mina nor any other Dovani nation, as we've been where you are. But we came out of that, without help from predator multinationals. We offer help to Mina if they want it, and would gladly show them to other resources they might use, instead of becoming a puppet of 3M. Let Akim, Ahmad, Zahir, and us help you out of this situation.
Currently:
Objectist Front (Scionist Fraction) (Hobrazia)
Formerly:
Vienota Kreiso/Astaritistu Koalīcija (Dolgava)
Controller of Medina in the Third World
Sameinaður Göfuga Sósíalistaflokk (Telamon)
Grey Eminence (Likatonia)
Lucipher

Postby Augustus Germanus » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:54 pm

Image Mukarram al-Yamin

Just to clarify to the Medinian First Secretary, we were referring to the Vascanian Empire, a nation which is a strong economic power. But... if you really cared about your fellow Dovani nation, why not contact us to see if you could help? Why was it so that an international corporation came TO us? We didn't go to them. Is 3M our corporate masters? Of course not, they weren't the ones leading the negotiations. In reality we presented the plan for their pharmacies in our states. They simply listened, nodded and gave a question now and then. So to call us a puppet of 3M is extremely insulting to our people, especially from another fellow Dovani nation.
Augustus Germanus

Postby Aquinas » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:14 am

Vrikodara Mahalanabis, Foreign Minister of the Greater Malivian Empire:

Fellow delegates,

I regret to bring you the news that Vanuku has tested a nuclear device in southern Jelbania. This is a matter of concern to us.

My government has imposed a 30% trade tariff on Vanukean goods, in order to signal our disapproval of this action. I hope other governments will consider taking similar actions, and that the international community will come together to formulate a collective response to this most unfortunate situation.

I also earnestly appeal to the Vanukean government to explain why they have done this, and to indicate whether they have any plans for future nuclear tests.
Aquinas

Postby Kubrick » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:06 pm

Honoured delegates,

The delegation of the Kingdom of Vanuku, henceforth representing the Jelbic Khaganate, fails to see why the delegation of Maliva is concerned with internal affairs of the Jelbic peoples. But we expect nothing less from a nation that lynches citizens of the Khaganate in shady circumstances without a trial. The nuclear test is an internal affair of the Khaganate and a normal procedure in modernizing and safeguarding the Armed Forces of the Khaganate.

We would counter a question to the delegation of Malivia; why did you not raise questions when Yingdala tested their thermonuclear device? This is the hypocrisy that the Khaganate cannot stand for.

Jebr Kárak
Representative of the Delegation of the Kingdom of Vanuku
Receiver of a Temrkai's Breed
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive