Majatran Economic Association (MEA)

Organisations pertaining to the continent of Majatra.

Majatran Economic Association (MEA)

Postby Rogue » Tue May 26, 2020 12:21 pm

Upon ratifying this treaty its member states will abide by its articles and provisions. Member states can leave the organization by a vote in their national parliament

Article 1 "Structure"

-Member states send their nations finance minister to a summit each year to discuss economic developments and possibly discuss alligning economic policy between the different nations (such as interest rates)

-The HQ of the MEA is situated in Cahtice, Deltaria

-The member states elect a new MEA Chairman every 5 years. Every member state gets one vote

-The MEA Chairman visits member states to discuss economic policy and maintain good relations between the different nations

-There is a MEA Council consisting of the finance ministers of the member states tasked with advicing and checking on the conduct of the Chairman. The MEA Chairman is the chairperson of the council

Article 2 "MEA Fund"

-Every member state will contribute 100 million LOD annualy to the MEA Fund

-The MEA Fund is controlled by the MEA Council and its organization. The Council decides where the money is spend

-Money of the MEA Fund can only be spend on big infrastructural projects, development projects and humanitarian projects in member states

Article 4 "Free Trade"

-Member states will ensure free trade between one another

-Member states will not put tarrifs on eachothers products and services

-Member states will put effort into increasing trade between one another

Article 5: Free Movement
- Citizens of member states are allowed to travel between member states freely, with borders being opened and border checkpoints suspended. Nations can still issue periodical border checks and patrols to scan for illegal aliens but will generally keep their borders open.
- No visas will be required for citizens of member states, only a ID is required.

Article 6: Majatran Transnational Associative Parliament (MTAP)
-A parliament will be created consisting of 600 members that can legislate: Environmental policy, trade policy, MA subsidy policy, MA border policy, MA Judicial Policy
-The Parliament is elected using a mix of proportional and FPTP systems, with nations being allocated a base number of seats based on population but these seats being elected through FPTP.
-Political parties are banned for parliament and so are groupings, members have to promise political independence and must always vote their conciense.
-MTAP laws overwrite national legislation when it comes to the policy areas described above.
-If a majority of member states votes against a proposed law after passing the MTAP it will not go into effect.

Article 7: Majatran Court of Justice
-A court will be created named the Majatran Court of Justice, being the highest court of law for member states in regards to: Human rights, environmental justice, freedom of justice
-The court can, in their rulings: demand action, enforce action, issue a fine, issue a prison sentence (of no longer then 10 years and with approval of the member state the individual resides in)

(This topic is meant to discuss everything related to the MEA, from handling investments to electing the chairman)

Current MEA Members:
-Deltaria
-Vanuku
-Kafuristan
-Istalia
-Barmenistan
-Jakania
-Cobura
-Badara
Last edited by Rogue on Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Re: Majatran Economic Association (MEA)

Postby Rogue » Tue May 26, 2020 12:25 pm

Albert Kočí, Minister of Finance for the Grand Empire of Deltaria

I would like to first welcome all the ministers from the member states and any minister from a upcoming members. The deltarian government is thankfull that majatran nations see the benefit in a free trade and investment organization and hope that our joint efforts may result in a new era of economic prosperity for our continent.

We have a important topic to discuss. Which is the election of our first chairman. As our statutes declare every nation receives one vote in this. Currently the only candidate on the ballot is Emil Volf, former director of the Deltarian central bank. I would like to ask the member states: do they want to put forward a candidate? If not we can start a vote. Thank you
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Pragma » Tue May 26, 2020 12:52 pm

Raashid al-Allam, Minister of Finance for the Kaderid Sultanate of Kafuristan

We Kafuris look forward to increased interconnectivity across this continent. The Sultan's government does not seek to put forward a candidate for chairman and instead it supports the candidacy of Emil Wolf.
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Reddy » Wed May 27, 2020 2:49 pm

Wrntukai Jrkanyr, Collector of Tribute (Jelbania)

The Jelbek Free State is still in the process of ratifying our membership. Yet our enthusiasm for this eminently sensible project has compelled me to cast an early vote for Emil Wolf whom I have no doubt is well qualified for this position.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby jamescfm » Thu May 28, 2020 12:35 pm

Image Ms. Selin Dilaver, Jakanian Minister of Finance:
The Republic of Jakania is currently in the process of formalising our membership of the MEA. In the meantime, we offer our provisional support to Mr. Wolf's candidacy.
jamescfm

Postby John Cracker » Thu May 28, 2020 3:13 pm

OOC: Is this limited to certian nations or can Likatonia join?
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby ChengherRares1 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:24 pm

OOC Its Majatran continent for a reason, its like asking if USa can join EU
Gabriel Boțan, oldie
Home nations:
Lodamun - main
Kizenia
Rutania

Lodamun above all!
ChengherRares1

Postby John Cracker » Thu May 28, 2020 3:27 pm

OOC: Okay
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby Rogue » Sat May 30, 2020 4:15 pm

We shall await the vote of Istalia which will be the deciding vote on the matter. If Volf receives Istalia's vote he shall be elected Chairman for a period of 5 years. After this our first session shall commence. Thank you
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Rogue » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:49 pm

Taking into account the fact that other member states have yet to vote the only candidate as of now, Emil Volf, has been elected by a majority vote of the present member states. I would like to give him the chance to open our first session and discuss any topic currently on the table

Emil Volf, Chairman of the MEA

I thank the member states of the MEA for their confidence in me as their Chairman for the next 5 years. I shall serve this organization well and make sure that it is a beacon of growth and cooperation in our region.

I would like to address the first point on the agenda. Which is allocating MEA funds to designated projects within Member States. Me and my staff have discussed amongst ourselves and think that for the coming 3 years focus needs to be put on the nations that, according to economic reports, are still lagging behind in terms of infrastructure and economic development. This would include Jakania and Jelbania, but also the nation of Kalopia. I would propose we invest the 3 billion allocated for the coming 3 years into these three nations and focus on improving infrastructure and fascilitating economic development through development programs.

Is there any of the member states that would like to comment on the plan put forward by me? Or possibly propose a plan of his or her own? I look forward to hearing your ideas on the matter of funds allocation
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Next

Return to Majatra