Majatran Economic Association (MEA)

Organisations pertaining to the continent of Majatra.

Re: Majatran Economic Association (MEA)

Postby Rogue » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:35 am

Representative Odovacar, elected from the 8th District of Deltaria

My fellow representatives. I have received word from the Deltarian ministry of finance which is seeking to discuss whether there is enough support within the MA its parliament and its member states to introduce a single currency for all of the MA, which would in theory mean the creation of the strongest, most widely used currency on the globe if introduced. The minister of finance has asked me, as representative for Deltaria, to bring up this topic. No details have yet to emerge and this is what i believe to be a consultative period. I would be more then happy to hear the opinions of other member states and representatives on this issue and therefor would also like to ask every member state to make a quick comment, with other representatives also ofcourse welcome to hand in their thoughts.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Auditorii » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:29 pm

Semag Zadian, Permanent Representative to the Majatran Economic Association, Republic of Pontesi
"Pontesi would be more supportive of efforts to enhance economic opportunity within the MA however we would not be supportive of a unified currency."
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby XanderOne » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:53 pm

Orazio Numitore, spokeperson within the MTAP representatives from the the Union of Quanzar and Alaria:

Colleagues,
despite the last proposal made by Representative Odovacar has found support among the MTAP members from my country adhering to liberal positions, most of MTAP members from Quanzar and Alaria have expressed several concerns about such a proposals.
Our nation is on the path of recovery of its economy and we fear that a commitment like adhering to a common currency in this moment could undermine our current efforts.
Instead, when in the future our economy has recovered, and we hope it won’t take too much time, we could again talk about this proposal but we fear that the creation of this currency without adequate requirements that every nation should achieve could put the efforts of the rest of the community at risk. In simple terms: our country already has its own debts to pay and we don't want to pay also for others country if strict rules are not applied on the management of the budgets and expenditures (and due to the fact that we think that there is the need of such budgetary controls talking about a common currency currently we don't want constraints now that our country needs flexibility and freedom about budgetary matters but as said in the future we can return on this topic).

Said that, we are conscious that this like many other matters are often very divisive, for this reason, if and when such or other very important proposal should be implemented, we think that the adoption of forms of differentiated and multi-speed integration should be adopted. Of course, such kind of approach should adequately balance benefits and obligations, rights and duties from the different levels of integration. Again, in simple words: we don't want members who take more than they give.

Thank you
XanderOne

Postby Rogue » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:31 pm

Representative Odovacar, elected from the 8th District of Deltaria

Would the representatives from Quanzar and Alaria be open to a proposal in which MA member states can choose themselves whether to adopt the common currency and, if they do decide to adopt it, do so on their own timeline?
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Rogue » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:32 pm

Representative Alexi, elected from the 18th District of Deltaria

Honourable representatives. Following discussions within the Executive Commission the executive of the MA, including the MA president, have asked me to put forward a renewed trade deal between Yingdala and the MA that would create a strong southern trade block in southern terra. The treaty previously in place was a good one but this treaty became defunct some decades ago. We therefor propose to resign the treaty and put it up for consideration with Yingdala once more, allowing our new MA to once again have a free trade agreement with Yingdala.

Thi was such treaty: http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=4607
We look forward to the opinions of others in this matter.
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby XanderOne » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:59 pm

Edmondo Zaia, Secretary of the Department of Finances of the Union of Quanzar and Alaria speaking to the MA Council:

I followed the debates within the MTAP and on behalf of my Government today, within the MA Council, we agree with representative Numitore, and we thank him, about the debate on a common currency. The official position of my government is that a system that leaves to the individual nations free choice of whether or not to adopt the common currency is the best solution. To do this, we believe it is appropriate to create a monetary organization under the aegis of the MA that manages monetary matters and the criteria for joining such a monetary union.

My Government is conscious of the spirit and hopes that led to the reform of the MEA into the MA and the creation of a transnational parliament, however the Union of Quanzar and Alaria puts its national sovereignty first and although there is the will to work alongside other nations at the regional level to offer stability, growth and security to our continent, we also believe that it is ultimately up to each national government to have the last word on whether or not to adopt certain policies and practices promoted by the MA, especially those promoted through the MTAP.

On behalf of my Government I would like invite the members of the MA to put on th agenda of the next annual summit further reforms of the MA. Actually my Government thinks that the "upper level" of the MA structure, (namely the Chariman and the MA Council), it is currently limited now that there is a transnational parliament aimed to debate and take decisions on other matters than just economic ones and that there is a Majatran Justice Court. But not only, we have to admit that there are issues also about the last paragraph of Article 7 of the founding document ("If a majority of member states votes against a proposed law after passing the MTAP it will not go into effect"): where and when member nations can votes again MTAP decisions? Currently the relations between the MTAP, the "upper level" and the member nations are quite ambiguous.

We think that the MA Council should meet in various formations according to the matter being dealt with, bringing together the ministers competent on the subject of each member nation from time to time so as to be able to discuss the decisions adopted by the MTAP and vote on it and unanimity should be reached to accept the proposals while in case of lack of unanimity, if majority of the members vote to accept MTAP proposals, we should work to develop the propoals following the philosophy of the multi-speed system.
As already said, it is our opinion that national governments must have the last word on such decisions and by formalizing the matter with a reform of the "upper structure" of the MA in this sense this national sovereignty priority would be guaranteed.

We noted that there was already a proposal to reform the MA structure (this one: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8755&start=220#p176097). We think that we can take some points from this proposed reforms but we think also that we have to enhance the role of member's Governments within the structure of the organization in order not to excessively undermine our national sovereignties. There is no need of a further body, the MA Council meeting in various formations can perform the task of representing and express the will of the national governments.

Finally, we agree on the point that the Chairman should be assisted by some figures to oversee the several matters that now the MA can handle. We should also talk about this on a next summit.

Thank you
XanderOne

Postby Rogue » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:16 pm

We are more then happy to discuss any new proposals. What does the representative from Quanzar propose for a date so we can discuss these matters?
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby XanderOne » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:37 pm

Edmondo Zaia, Secretary of the Department of Finances of the Union of Quanzar and Alaria speaking to the MA Council:

My Government would like to be able to meet the other MA's nations representatives before July 5073 when new general elections will be held in the country. If it is not possible we can do it just after the elections and in case a new majority will led the country Federal President Ahmed Sarjani will commit himself to get in touch with the next administration in order to continue the dialogue.

(OOC: In July there are elections in Q&A and I'm not sure if we can find time to RP a summit. There is the weekend too...)
XanderOne

Postby XanderOne » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:37 pm

Colleagues,
I was instructed by my government to invite the governments of Majatran Association's members to attend the annual MA inter-government summit to be held in the Union of Quanzar and Alaria in the city of Buria.

My Government would like to focus the summit on efforts to find a shared solution on reforms to the Majatran Association following the suggestions already exposed by me in recent months.

Thank you
XanderOne

Postby Auditorii » Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:54 pm

Giannes Mendel, Permanent Representative to the Majatran Association, State of Beiteynu
"The State of Beiteynu will be attending this summit and are interested in discussing changes to the structure of the Majatran Association."
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

PreviousNext

Return to Majatra