Artanian Union Parliament

Supranational continental union in the continent of Artania.

Artanian Union Parliament

Postby Auditorii » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:01 am

This thread is for the Artanian Union Parliament. The main Artanian Union thread can be found here

Overview of the Artanian Union Parliament
↳ Legislative organ of the Artanian Union, responsible for legislation related to the Artanian Union
↳ As of 02/05/2022 has no defined size or composition, awaiting discussions of the Artanian Council
↳ President elected by members of the Artanian Parliament, Vice Presidents decided on collectively by the Artanian Parliament

Elections of the Artanian Parliament
5080 AU Parliament elections
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: Artanian Union Parliament

Postby imperialpearl » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:51 am

Artanian Union Parliament Archive
The Artanian Union Parliament Archive is the central depository for all information related to the Artanian Parliament, from resolutions and bills to debates and sessions.
imperialpearl

Postby hyraemous » Sat May 13, 2023 3:53 pm

Stefan Milovic, Member of the Artanian Parliament from Kundrati

I propose that we provide some jurisdiction to a data-regulation law as follows:
(1) Companies that are based within the borders of the Artanian Union that collect, regulate and/or use data shall be considered.
(2) Companies that collect, use and/or regulate data within the borders of the Artanian Union upon individuals of said borders shall also be considered.
(3) Such laws shall not apply if the data is to be used only for household or individual activity with no intention of usage for professional or commercial purposes.

We would like to hear the opinions of the members of this union on this jurisdiction idea.
My nation is: Image Kundrati / My party is: Kundrati Democracy
"Instead realize that your country [Kundrati] isn’t special..." - Farsun
hyraemous

Postby Autokrator15 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:28 pm

Steve Martins, President of the Artanian Union Council, November 5426:

Members of the Member of the Artanian Parliament,

as President of the AU Council it is my duty to inform you that the AU Council has negotiated with the MSCO to find a reasonable treaty to resolve the distrust and problems we had after the Dorvish-Beiteynu conflict. The MSCO proposed, better yet, demanded that we sign a treaty where in only military operations by the AU or MSCO can be undertaken in the Migrant’s Pass. This would mean that we need the AU to form not only a military organisation but also to form a military command structure and organise military operations in the Migrant’s Pass. In our view, this was unacceptable. This would limit the sovereign rights of our member states to conduct military operations in the region and it would demand of the AU to become something it is not, we are not a military organisation and we see no political will to create such an additional part of our Union, especially this early in its rebuilding. We gave guarantees that the AU would enforce any treaty signed, we offered limited military engagements, communications and sharing what we both do in the region and cooperation with the MSCO. But never any limitation on national sovereignty or that disadvantages nations of Artania, especially those who border said body of water. We’ll be honest, the problem we faced was that we werent in so much as a negotiations but more of a list of demands presented from a victor to the vanquished loser. Obviously we questioned if they negotiated out of good faith and saw us as equal partners and saw our concerns. But they were not open to hear it, they werent reasonable in our minds. We kept on trying but they didnt budge nor move nor give us much room. They wanted only the organisations to be able to move there and we didnt. So they failed. The Council will deliberate on what to do next.
Autokrator15

Postby _nicolo_02 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:10 am

Florian Rutte-Grüber, President of the Artanian Commission:

Dear Colleagues, I'm pleased to announce that my Commission will be placing its first proposal for the AU Parliament to review. The proposal revolves around transportation, and more specifically, railways: to reach the goal of a truly united Artania, it is necessary that our goods and people are allowed to travel in strong and secure railways, that are able to connect our countries. This is why I'm proposing the following to the attention of this Parliament:

Artanian Railways Act of 5429
Art.1 - The nations member of the AU, upon passage of this bill, agree to provide 5% of their national budget dedicated to Infrastructure and Transports with the purpose of initiating the "AU Infrastructure Fund".
Art.2 - The AU Infrastructure Fund will be responsible for the financing of this project, and it will be administered by the Artanian Union Council.
Art.3 - The projects financed by the AU Infrastructure Fund shall be localized in Rutania, Dundorf, Kundrati, Ikradon and Luthori, and the National Governments will have the duty to communicate to the Council the specifics of the projects (OOC Example: Rutania will tell us what cities they want to connect, etc..)
Art.4 - Upon completion of the first projects, the Parliament shall fund new projects to connect Dorvik, Aloria and Narikaton & Darnussia, Malivia.
Currently in:
- Dundorf: Dundorfs Sozialdemokratische Partei
- Beiteynu: Mifelegett Ha'avodah

Member of the Role-Play Committee (RPC)
_nicolo_02

Suggestions for Artania Railway Network

Postby mrcricketer » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:07 am

We would like to suggest a railway line in the proposed Artania Railways Network through railway tracks connecting Mshvidova, Zargundia , Hobrazia & Doressa , Kozaria ,Darnussia, Narikaton & Darnussia to Kajpur , Walkaunar

Steven Taylor , Prime Minister of Malivia on Artania Railways Network
This railway network will lead to revolution in Artania
mrcricketer

Postby Robert F. Kennedy » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:51 pm

Jon Stewart, Member of the Artanian Parliament for the Bloc of the Artanian Right.

While I have my reservations about the funding of the project, thinking that we should also let private firms chosen by either the Artanian Commission or the member states for investing into that project, I don't see any problems with the proposal formulated by the President of the Commission, as the Malivian PM stated, this could mark the beginning of a revolution within the continent.

I yield the floor.
Image Luthori, Image Hulstria
Constitutional Democratic Union, Hosian-Dermcratic Union
Controller of the Luthorian Monarchy (House of Orange-Villayn Armstead)
Robert F. Kennedy

Postby Torsten1 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:35 pm

Image Mr. Jamie McAddam MAP, Leader of the Rutanian Delegation to the Artanian Parliament, and Member of the Artanian Parliament

Whilst in principle Rutania is more than happy to ascent to this legislation, We would request the Commision to clarify the administration of this program as currently it references that this fund will be administered by the Artanian Union Council, further clarification would be welcome. However Rutania is pleased with the aims of this bill.
Image Imperial League of Rutania / Lìog Ìmpireil na Rutha
Image Kingdom of Rutania / Rìoghachd na Rutha
Controller of the Rutanian Monarchy (Royal Clan Asgaill)
Torsten1

Postby Torsten1 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:14 pm

Image Mr. Jamie McAddam MAP, Leader of the Rutanian Delegation to the Artanian Parliament, and Member of the Artanian Parliament

Motion laid forth.

Honorable Members of Parliament,

I stand before you today with a sense of duty and a genuine concern for the efficiency and progress of the Commission. The Motion before us, proposed by myself and seconded by [Contact the Proposer to second], seeks an update from the President of the Commission on the current state of the union.

While I fully appreciate the hard work of some members of the Commission, it is only right for us to ensure that there are actual fruits of their labour. I express my concern about the effectiveness of the Commission in fulfilling its responsibilities, particularly concerning economic and security cooperation. As representatives of the people, we must question and seek clarity on the progress made.

I must admit that I harbour reservations about the direction the Left Bloc, which makes up the majority of the Commission, is steering us. This coalition was born of bad faith negotiations and poor diplomacy and now we seem to see that the Commission's work is being impeded and one can only be concerned that ideological divides within the commission are hindering our common goals.

If the Commission finds itself unable to reach meaningful decisions and advance the Union's agenda, then we must reconsider the balance of power. Empowering the Council to make decisions in such circumstances may be a necessary step to ensure that our shared objectives are not hampered by bureaucratic hurdles.

In conclusion, I urge all Members of Parliament to support this Motion for an update from the President of the Commission. It is not an indictment but an opportunity for transparency, accountability, and scrutiny.

Thank you.
Image Imperial League of Rutania / Lìog Ìmpireil na Rutha
Image Kingdom of Rutania / Rìoghachd na Rutha
Controller of the Rutanian Monarchy (Royal Clan Asgaill)
Torsten1

Postby _nicolo_02 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:57 pm

Florian Rutte-Grüber, President of the Artanian Commission:

Dear Colleagues, it is a pleasure for me to stand before this body in this special occasion, the Artanian Parliament's very first State of the Union speech, which I am glad to hold.

Becoming President of the Commission of a recently re-founded Union, and that has had a fresh re-start in terms of Institutions and Works, wasn't easy at all. This Commission started tackling the issue of international rail freight, in a proposal that we hope can be soon implemented in the member states and that in my view, will greatly bolster the effectiveness of Artanian trade and will make our Nations closer between themselves thanks to a renewed commitment to passenger rail service - in my opnion, a fundamental step to transform this Union into a brotherhood of nations.
Moreover, the Union was able for the first time to reach a meaningful foreign policy decision, that was the delivery of humanitarian aid to the suffering people of Endralon - I wish to thank the Hon. Martin Meyers of Luthori for his leadership on that issue.

When the Honorable Jamie McAddam of Rutania asked me to hold this speech, I was grateful for the opportunity, and I believe this speech should be held on a regular basis, from me and my future successors. However, I also must admit that I did not expect to hear some points in his speech. He has called this Commission born as effect of bad-faith negotiations and suggested that this Commission is unable to reach meaningful decisions. I disagree. I will not respond to the complaint he makes in regards of the first point, as the response to the claim is up to the Party leaders who actually negotiated the coalition, but I'd like to analyze with all the Honorable MAPs the second point Mr. McAddams claims - hoping to address his concerns.

We find ourselves, and not just the Commission, not just the Council, not just the Left, Centre or Right bloc, collectively in an experiment, I would say. An experiment to build a working continental Union able to tackle collectively all issues concerning the continent. This experiment has just started, in my view, and we should all strive towards making this Union work at best - great achievements do not take shape overnight, dear Colleagues. To reach what I hope is a collective goal, we need time, we need to make mistakes and we need good-faith cooperation from all to lead this experiment to success, and as President of the Commission I am determined to reach this goal.
What this experiment doesn't need, is bitter and useless partisanship coming from anyone. As an exponent of the Left Bloc, be sure that I will call out these episodes coming from my caucus, and I hope the exponents of the other blocs are ready to follow suit.

Myself, I am not fully satisfied with what the Commission and the Coucil have achieved so far - I believe we can do more. But I am optimistic that ultimately we will be able to reach a satisfactory level of coordinated action that will lead this Union to prosperity. Whether is railways or humanitarian aid, we achieved our best when we're united. This optimism and confidence in the future makes me say that the State of this Union is in an adolescent stage, slowly growing towards adulthood, again, only reachable with extensive mutual work and understanding from all the great members of our great Union.
In the next months, the Commission will be presenting new legislation to address the Union's issues, doing so in coordination with all the Commissioners.

Thank you very much for your time.
Currently in:
- Dundorf: Dundorfs Sozialdemokratische Partei
- Beiteynu: Mifelegett Ha'avodah

Member of the Role-Play Committee (RPC)
_nicolo_02

Return to Artania