International Chess Association (ICA)

Sports tournaments, international governing bodies and other organizations and events related to any particular sport.

International Chess Association (ICA)

Postby tcooper » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:06 am

The Free Progressive Party (from Dorvik) welcomes chess players from all around Terra to compete for the World Chess Championship.

Entry
Tournament entry is open to all citizens of Terra. Each entrant must be sponsored by a political party, and each party may only sponsor one entrant.

All participants must have an account on Chess.com. If you do not already have an account, create one for free! This is where the matches will be played.

Format
The World Chess Champion will be crowned every ten years (20 rl days). When the tournament concludes, the winner is said to be the champion of that decade.

The format will be determined by the number of entrants. If there is a large entry pool, players will be grouped based on their TerraRating (see below). After group play, top seeds will advance to a single-elimination tournament where they will compete for the championship.

Players have great latitude in determining the outcome of their matches. Before each match, the two players will decide on the type of game (live, online over the course of days, a coin toss, other mechanisms for determining a winner in some way) and the time at which the match will take place. Due to the probable prolonging of games due to time-zone conflicts, a time limit will be determined before each match. Players will be expected to either complete their match or determine the outcome in some other fashion before the time limit is reached. Both players should report the outcome on this thread at the conclusion of each match.

TerraRating
All first-time participants will be given an initial TerraRating of 1000. This rating will change based on a simplistic formula (very close to the USCF provisional rating system, for those who care to know). A participant's TerraRating will determine his or her seed in tournaments, and also exist as a source of pride (or humility).
tcooper

Re: World Chess Championship

Postby tcooper » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:08 am

2860 Tournament Registration

Registration is now open for the World Chess Championship to determine the champion for the 60s. To register, please list your contestant, contestant's country of origin, and the sponsoring party.
Last edited by tcooper on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
tcooper

Postby tcooper » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:09 am

Frank Reinfeld - Free Progressive Party (Dorvik)
tcooper

Postby 123abc123 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:06 am

John K. Spitzer- Christian Zionist Party (Beiteynu)
123abc123

Postby Imperialistic » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:23 am

Jax Auf will represent the Vorder Organization.
-- "Popular culture tells you that schools and parents don't know what's going on, the police are dogs, politicians are all liars and scum, and any crime that's not committed by the Mafia is done by the CIA."
Imperialistic

Postby TheNewGuy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:24 pm

OOC: Gravedigging, is anyone interested in reviving this? Might be fun to invent a player from our nation and play each other for real on chess.com. It's free and it'll finally allow me to showcase how much smarter I am than all of you ;)

We could do a rating system, I'd be happy to run it myself, people could challenge freely when they like and report wins/losses, and I could organize a tournament from time to time, if there's enough interest.
I once was full of promise. Oops.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

Particracy Realism Project
TheNewGuy

Postby redoct » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:30 pm

Hell yes - I suck (1300 rated) but definitely up for this.
National Unity Party - Valruzia - inactive
حزب انوشيروان (Hezb-e Anushiravān) - Aldegar - active
redoct

Postby Crewe McKinnon » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:51 pm

Léon Chares will represent the Radical Republican Party (Sekowo)
Conservative Republican Party
Crewe McKinnon

Postby MarkWill » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:10 pm

I'd be interested.
Turdidae, formerly Mark3, Mark2, MarkWill

Union Party (Aloria)
Vorona Conservative Party
Union Canrillaise (Baltusia)
Parti Conservateur d'Alduria
United Luthori - active
Nouveau Centre (Rildanor)
MarkWill

World Chess Championships MAIN THREAD

Postby TheNewGuy » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:21 am

Asnai's Horde (Pontesi) welcomes chess players from all around Terra to compete for the World Chess Championship.

This thread is a new continuation of the previous (and unrecognized) thread.

Entry

Each party may sponsor one competitor at any time. All participants must register for an account at http://chess.com. The player behind each party (for instance, me, the player behind Asnai's Horde in Pontesi) will play the matches for their competitor through chess.com, OOC, and the match will be treated as IC.

TerraRating

Each player will be assigned an initial TerraRating of 2700 when they register to seek matches. Game results will be reported on this thread, and should be reported by the winner of each match. Posting PGN along with match reports is encouraged for discussion and analysis, but is not required. Once a game result is reported, a new TerraRating will be calculated using the FIDE rating calculator, with K = 40. An updated table of players, their Particracy party and IC competitor name, their TerraRating, and their Chess.com username will be maintained at the bottom of this post. Players should agree openly before a game is played as to whether or not that game shall affect their TerraRating or not.

Tournaments

From time to time, when there is sufficient interest, a tournament can be organized, open to all interested. The specifics of each tournament can be determined at time of organization, and a new thread may be created to house the proceedings of that tournament. All games played in official WCC tournaments shall affect TerraRating.

Current Roster and TerraRatings (01/06/2015)

PT forum username / PT party / IC competitor name / TerraRating / Chess.com username

1. redoct / National Unity Party of Valruzia (VALRUZIA)/ Antoni Penkala / 2738 / valruzia
  2. Darkylightytwo/ Darklight Pro-life Communist Party (BALTUSIA) / Audrey-Sophie Nadeau-Rosario / 2721 / Darkylightychess
  3. TheNewGuy / Asnaiék Ort (PONTESI) / Vrn Vrnsrmko Vrn / 2702 / ZanzTNG
  4. Crewe McKinnon / Radical Republican Party (SEKOWO) / Léon Chares / 2678 / RRP101
  5. MarkWill / Vorona Conservative Party (VORONA) / Alton Reynell / 2661 / ParticracyMark
Last edited by TheNewGuy on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 13 times in total.
I once was full of promise. Oops.
The artist formerly known as Zanz, Troll King, Scourge of Dynastia and Confidant of IdioC
All posts are subject to the intense anal-retentive scrutiny of concerned citizens of the community

Particracy Realism Project
TheNewGuy

Next

Return to Sport