CULTURAL MAP DEBATE THREAD

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Proposed Rule: Centralizing Culture

Postby jamescfm » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:58 pm

If you’re offended by me asking a player to justify making significant changes to the cultural map then I have very little hope regarding the future of this discourse. If you have actual points to raise beyond the fact that you want dozens of English nations, I wholeheartedly encourage you to do so.
jamescfm

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:43 am

jamescfm wrote:Corvo, I’ll extend the offer once again. If you want the map to be changed, explain what should change and why. Moderation don’t have mind-reading powers. It’s getting to the point where you’re coming across as childish.

I already posted the Malivian history page and cited the effort Malivian players made to change our cultural protocols to the ones now. Plus I cited effort wasted to unify the Malivian wiki.

That's more than enough excuses than you even deserve.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby cm9777 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:48 am

Players are reminded to express their queries and address each other in a calm and considered manner. Any additional infractions will result in further action being taken by moderation.
cm9777

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:11 am

I went and posted this on every nations message board just so you know.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7792&start=60

The moderation and the RP team apparently want to make official a culture Map without posting this in at least all nations.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Make your voice heard whether it is for or against this because apparently moderation and the RP have forgotten that this is a player driven game not 10 people make decisions for everyone game.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Reddy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:20 am

Corvo Attano wrote:I went and posted this on every nations message board just so you know.

The moderation and the RP team apparently want to make official a culture Map without posting this in at least all nations.

Make your voice heard whether it is for or against this because apparently moderation and the RP have forgotten that this is a player driven game not 10 people make decisions for everyone game.

While I commend you for alerting every country to the discussion, I find your message to be misleading. There's no requirement that the Mods post any notice on the nation message boards before proceeding with a change if only because it's an extremely impractical method of communication. It would be a good idea but it's definitely not required. Every player has the duty (in my view) to keep up with the forum and what is posted there. If you don't make the individual effort to remain informed, you can't really blame anyone else.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:23 am

Reddy wrote:
Corvo Attano wrote:I went and posted this on every nations message board just so you know.

While I commend you for alerting every country to the discussion, I find your message to be misleading. There's no requirement that the Mods post any notice on the nation message boards before proceeding with a change if only because it's an extremely impractical method of communication. It would be a good idea but it's definitely not required. Every player has the duty (in my view) to keep up with the forum and what is posted there. If you don't make the individual effort to remain informed, you can't really blame anyone else.

I would agree with your Reddy if it was not something that takes player agency away from them. The game rules change? Sure that is their fault for not keeping up to date. Enforcing a culture map without player consent? That is something that must be relayed.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:47 am

Okay now I am just disappointed that I had to go around messaging every countries board for your to actually send a simple mass tg to all players to notify them that something that actually needs their attention.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

GAME RULES REDRAFT CONSULTATION

Postby FPC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:50 am

Corvo just to be clear we are not going to be implementing anything without player consent. We are surveying individual players in game and most likely extending the consultation period for the rules.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby Elf » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:52 am

Reddy wrote:While I commend you for alerting every country to the discussion, I find your message to be misleading. There's no requirement that the Mods post any notice on the nation message boards before proceeding with a change if only because it's an extremely impractical method of communication. It would be a good idea but it's definitely not required. Every player has the duty (in my view) to keep up with the forum and what is posted there. If you don't make the individual effort to remain informed, you can't really blame anyone else.
I'd say its more than just misleading: it's inciting hatred against Moderation based on false premises. Not okay, in my opinion.

FPC wrote:Corvo just to be clear we are not going to be implementing anything without player consent. We are surveying individual players in game and most likely extending the consultation period for the rules.
Sometimes, you just have to that. There was a major backlash against both the religious retcon (banning rl religions) and rules against using other people's characters or royal houses without permission, back in the days. There was a quite vocal minority of more than one or two people against it, who though they were speaking for the "silent majority" and would accept nothing but to have it their way. But ultimately, those reforms where implemented anyway, for the good of the game. You're volunteers in an online game and not some members of the European Court of Human Rights in the Hague with a duty to uphold "equality under the law" or whatever. Most of us are grateful for what you do. :D
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing
Elf

Cultural Development

Postby Elf » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:57 am

- Davostan becomes Finnish & Sami
Back in the days, me and Reddy discussed giving Davostan a special status where fantasy (etc.) stuff would be allowed - as kinda per the established lore. I think Moderation would do well to consider this.
Shiny happy people laughing
Elf

PreviousNext

Return to General