Formal petition to change slightly the new culture Map

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Formal petition to change slightly the new culture Map

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:21 am

Polites wrote:Well the official answer remains "I don't know". Not because we're deliberately trying to ruin anyone's RP or anything, but we honest to God legitimately do not know.

If the rule is implemented and you disagree with what ends up as Malivia's culture, Malivian players are free to withdraw from the cultural GRA.

Polites if we are allowed to do that what is the point of even enforcing a culture map?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Govenor12 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:31 am

I would also like to voice my strong critizism of making Solentia a Roman/Italian culture, a clone of Istalia. I hope that all other players in Solentia will support the resolution against this plan.
Govenor12

Postby FPC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:11 am

Corvo Attano wrote:
Polites wrote:Well the official answer remains "I don't know". Not because we're deliberately trying to ruin anyone's RP or anything, but we honest to God legitimately do not know.

If the rule is implemented and you disagree with what ends up as Malivia's culture, Malivian players are free to withdraw from the cultural GRA.

Polites if we are allowed to do that what is the point of even enforcing a culture map?

First of all please watch your attidude, Moderators deserve to be treated with respect just like all other players. Secondly the reason we took so long to respond was because the stuff about the RULES REDRAFT is all in General Discussion rather than here, apologies for that.

The Culture Map is a device to make the game more fun for players who want to play with a defined culture, it also allows those who dont to withdraw and ignore it. Inevitably change causes controversy and we are sorry if you disagree with our proposed changes. As we speak we are looking at the map and ways to keep malivia as you wish. The reason there is a consultation and we are not just implementing it straight away is because we want to hear your feedback, nothing will be implemented for at least a couple months.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby FPC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:11 am

Govenor12 wrote:I would also like to voice my strong critizism of making Solentia a Roman/Italian culture, a clone of Istalia. I hope that all other players in Solentia will support the resolution against this plan.

We can take a look at that aswell.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby FPC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:18 am

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7792&p=128178#p128178

There is now a debate thread for this, so can we please use that from now on guys thanks ;-)
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:22 am

Lock the thread sir. It is not needed if there is an actual thread for the discussion.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Phil Piratin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:24 am

Polites wrote:We published the map to show roughly what we had in mind, but we have not started any consultation, publicly or privately, on what culture should go where, because we feel that would be premature. If the new rule is not implemented, then a debate on cultures will just be a waste of time.

Err...that was confusing. Here are the facts:

1. Moderation has had a Cultural Map drawn up. We understand from what you said earlier that James (who is not a Moderator, or a RP Team member either, as it happens) was involved in the drawing up of this map. So obviously Moderation has already done some private consultation on the Cultural Map. At least a few people were obviously involved in that, but the vast majority of us were not.

2. Moderation has published the said Cultural Map on the forum, which presumably was the beginning of a public consultation on the shape of the Cultural Map. Or are we to understand we're now somehow not being consulted on this and we're now somehow not allowed to comment on it?

I feel it is important we are consulted both about the principle of centralising Cultural Protocols and the starting shape that the Cultural Map will take, and I feel it is important we are consulted about both of these things at the same time. We cannot reasonably be expected to consent first to the principle of centralisation if we are given no idea what the starting Cultural Map is going to look like. This is especially so for players in the nations which are going to be most radically affected.

Can you provide an assurance that this is going to be the case?

EDIT: Apologies, I posted this post before you made your post, FPC.
Phil Piratin

Postby FPC » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:34 am

James (who is not a Moderator, or a RP Team member either, as it happens)

He is a wiki admin with lots of experience around culture within Particracy and mapping in general. We felt he was a suitable guy to help us draw up the map.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby cm9777 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:42 am

Lets continue the consultation over on the official thread thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7792&p=128178#p128178
cm9777

Previous

Return to General