GAME RULES REDRAFT CONSULTATION

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: GAME RULES REDRAFT CONSULTATION

Postby FPC » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:24 pm

Auditorii wrote:As I’ve been wanting to note, the OPT-OUT should also require a second step, making it a two step process, it should require the approval of Moderation for opting out. I’m noting this because the above player, Governor, has intentionally misled players in his nation to believe that Moderation and the RP Team were attempting to control Solentia due to the RP Accord.

I’d also like to point out the precedent of this has lead to players being banned and is enshrined in the rules as follows: “1.6 Players have a responsibility to make a reasonable effort to be accurate when communicating the rules to other players. Any player who manipulatively misleads another player about the rules will be subject to sanction.”

I firmly believe that Governor should be sanctioned and his withdrawal of the RP Accord examined. The “Exit from the RP Accord” from Governor can be found here: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=558276

I can look at making it a two step system, sounds like a good idea.
We will look into the exit from the Rp accord, although it seems legit in the main.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby FPC » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:24 pm

Govenor12 wrote:I would like to pass an opt-out from the rp accords. Can you just outline what kind of majority is needed to do this before the opt-in mechanism takes place?

It gives a clear outline of this in the rules which can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ozX ... sp=sharing
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby Elf » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:39 am

Thought about it and realised I kinda like the opportunity to create one-party states.. Kinda adds to the realism. Not sure if 5 e iii. Permits this?
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people holding hands
Shiny happy people laughing
Elf

Postby Martinulus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:27 pm

Elf wrote:Thought about it and realised I kinda like the opportunity to create one-party states.. Kinda adds to the realism. Not sure if 5 e iii. Permits this?

In addition, how would the longstanding Septembrist tradition of (very much justified) banning openly anti-democratic parties in H&GS be affected?
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby Polites » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:03 pm

Good point, we're now thinking of maintaining the constitutional vs. regular RP law distinction.
Polites

Postby Auditorii » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:09 pm

Can we get some clarification on the establishment of the Wikia vs. the game itself? It appears that whats written on the Wikia has no bearing on in-game, therefore would be declaring null and void tons of history, events and the like that might not have been entirely flushed out in-game or on the forums. Why would something that is inconsistent with RP in-game be permitted on the wikia? Moderation requested and was granted the authority on the wikia, therefore making it a recognized part of the game, actions were taken against those in-game on the wikia.

So what is the stance and what can be done to ensure continuity between the game and the articles on the wikia.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Polites » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:22 am

I see what you're getting at, and I'd be open to adding a line mentioning that the forum, wikia, official Discord, and the game itself are covered by the game rules. I wouldn't add all the specific rules covering the wikia though, I think that's better handled as a manual of style/editing guidelines directly on the wikia.
Polites

Previous

Return to General