Re: Security Council

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Postby cm9777 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:25 pm

-
Last edited by cm9777 on Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cm9777

Postby Aquinas » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:25 am

cm9777 wrote:Hey guys, With the Security Council, the current members listed here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7976

Will remain until January 2019 at which point there will be an election and the rankings will ofc change the permanent members. This is primarily to allow time to reset the voting variables.

Is the next election planned for 1st Jan? If so, I would urge resetting the votes reasonably soon, to ensure there is sufficient time for the ensuing election campaign.
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:34 pm

Aquinas wrote:
cm9777 wrote:Hey guys, With the Security Council, the current members listed here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7976

Will remain until January 2019 at which point there will be an election and the rankings will ofc change the permanent members. This is primarily to allow time to reset the voting variables.

Is the next election planned for 1st Jan? If so, I would urge resetting the votes reasonably soon, to ensure there is sufficient time for the ensuing election campaign.

Unless something has widely changed, votes are never reset. Players are required to campaign for players to switch votes to their respective seats.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Aquinas » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:47 pm

Auditorii wrote:
Aquinas wrote:

Unless something has widely changed, votes are never reset. Players are required to campaign for players to switch votes to their respective seats.

Okay, that made no sense. Please consult with the Mods and then explain the situation. Thanks.
Aquinas

Postby Polites » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:47 pm

Auditorii wrote:Unless something has widely changed, votes are never reset. Players are required to campaign for players to switch votes to their respective seats.

Something did widely change and the votes will be reset.

Polites

Postby Aquinas » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:01 pm

I want to make the point that in recent months, there have been serious problems in terms of communication and organisation so far as oversight of the World Congress is concerned. This goes back before Auditorii became WCRC, so I want to make clear I'm not heaping all the responsibility on him, but going forward, I do really hope there is going to be some improvement. Confidence in the management of the World Congress seems to be at a bit of a low ebb right now.
Aquinas

Postby Auditorii » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:24 pm

Well there has been some miscommunication to me then, so I’m trying to resolve this and then we’ll have some answers. I appreciate your patience.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Aquinas » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:33 am

Okay, so from what I can make out, it appears the votes have now been reset and the campaign for an exciting, fresh set of Security Council elections can now begin. Can Moderation and/or the GRC please confirm this is correct?

If so, I suggest making a prominent announcement about this on the forum and also on the official Discord server. It would also be nice if messages about this could be sent to the in-game nation message-boards, although I appreciate that is a time-consuming and somewhat tedious task.

Also, assuming we are now election-ready, can you guys please confirm what the precise date of the next election will be?
Aquinas

Postby cm9777 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:05 am

-
Last edited by cm9777 on Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cm9777

Postby Aquinas » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:25 pm

cm9777 wrote:That is correct yes, the election results will be released in the first days of January as is tradition.

I'm not likely to be too prominently involved in the upcoming election campaign myself, since the nation where I am (Vanuku) is already guaranteed a seat as a permanent member. However, if I was, I think I would probably appreciate a narrower and more specific election date window than "the first days of January", if that's not too unreasonable.

For some amongst us, New Year's Eve is party time and New Year's Day is Getting-Over-The-Hangover-Day, so perhaps Jan 1 might not be considered the most sociable of election dates. Plus, due to the delayed voting reset, ideally we need sufficient time to allow a proper election campaign, so I personally don't think it would be too bad if the election date is put forward a little bit, and then returned to the first of the month from February onwards.

How would, say Jan 5th sound? (This is an open question, to Mods, the WCRC, the GRC & everyone else.)
Aquinas

Next

Return to General