Say your piece, make suggestions and offer feedback to any aspect of the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Feedback: Natural Resources

Postby TRA » Wed May 17, 2023 6:43 am

Auditorii wrote:
TRA wrote:Looks like Beiteynu has 2 reds (Copper and Diamonds) and 1 green (silver). As I'm contemplating on doing something over the course of the 54th century - with the help of other nations/contractors as there's almost 0 RP on natural resources in Beiteynu, any chance we could consider 1 of the reds as a yellow?

To have a red, yellow and green basically for balance.

I believe, as per our discussion sometime ago, you wished to have diamonds moved up? I'd be willing to move it up towards yellow.

In addition, baring specific requests for trades, I will be formalizing this at the end of the month.

Yup, let's do it, if that's alright. Either copper or diamonds is fine, to be honest. I believe I can RP on either just as fine.
Signed by the ghost of the 2300s, GreekIdiot.
TRA

Postby Auditorii » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:55 am

This is going to be finalized this week and placed in the Game Information thread, this will remain as a feedback forum for nations to discuss natural resources and the like regarding their country.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Auditorii » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:34 pm

This has been combined with the Oil and Gas Index and has been updated to reflect some recommendations and changes, I'll leave this thread for feedback to discuss potential changes.

Please note that any changes from the initial list include a * to denote that they have been changed either due to feedback or discussions.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:04 am

For the sake of clarity, is this list of natural resources binding on players? Are players going to be sanctioned if they do not conform to the list? For example, will I have my role-play invalidated or removed if I role-play about the coal industry in Mordusia?
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:55 pm

jamescfm wrote:For the sake of clarity, is this list of natural resources binding on players? Are players going to be sanctioned if they do not conform to the list? For example, will I have my role-play invalidated or removed if I role-play about the coal industry in Mordusia?

Yes, this is binding on players just as the Oil and Gas Index is.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:01 pm

Auditorii wrote:
jamescfm wrote:For the sake of clarity, is this list of natural resources binding on players? Are players going to be sanctioned if they do not conform to the list? For example, will I have my role-play invalidated or removed if I role-play about the coal industry in Mordusia?

Is there any basis for this in the Game Rules, or somewhere else that players are expected to find it? Personally I do not agree with enforcing an arbitrary, randomised list of natural resources upon players.
jamescfm

Postby Zanz » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:49 pm

Auditorii wrote:

Since when? The resource guides, indexes, maps, and rankings you have put out for some years have been optional for players up to this point. When were the rules changed, what rule changes made this the case, and why were these changes made? I have no interest in RPing Jelbe by these guidelines (which your OP acknowledges were generated at random, and so have nothing to do with Jelbe's historical RP). Do I have to?
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Auditorii » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:05 pm

Zanz wrote:
Auditorii wrote:

Since when? The resource guides, indexes, maps, and rankings you have put out for some years have been optional for players up to this point. When were the rules changed, what rule changes made this the case, and why were these changes made? I have no interest in RPing Jelbe by these guidelines (which your OP acknowledges were generated at random, and so have nothing to do with Jelbe's historical RP). Do I have to?

The Oil and Gas Index has been binding since its inception, the rankings are "not binding" until an issue arises with RP and then the rankings come into effect to judge the roleplay.

In regards to your RP in Jelbe, you can choose to disregard this list if you chose, you're RP will be noted as being invalidated. I have, however, referenced that I am open to switching things around should there be a historical basis for specific resources, resource types.

Jelbania has Phosphorus (Tier 2), Copper (Tier 2), Uranium (Tier 2), Lithium (Tier 3), Silicon (Tier 2), Silver (Tier 1) and Sulfur (Tier 1). Jelbania has made out pretty well with the randomness, perhaps a little too well, but if you've got stuff that Jelbania has typically been associated with we can make it work.

In regards to the list, as Greek and I have discussed, we'd be comfortable with noting that should you wish to do RP related to lets say a small village which specializes in handcrafting horseshoes for Jelbe horses, while Jelbania doesnt have iron, they could RP a local market for these horseshoes related to iron.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Polites » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:11 pm

I was not aware the Oil and Gas Index was binding, I can't find anything about it in the game rules or in the actual Index.

If it is binding could you please amend the game rules and link to the index?
Polites

Postby Auditorii » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:17 pm

Polites wrote:I was not aware the Oil and Gas Index was binding, I can't find anything about it in the game rules or in the actual Index.

If it is binding could you please amend the game rules and link to the index?

You can see the announcement here, the decision was made by the RP Committee and Moderation at that time. You can reference the Oil and Gas Index here. In addition, you can see other Game Information located here that has been public for quite sometime.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback