To the community.

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: To the community.

Postby LNRulez01 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:27 pm

Farsun wrote:LNR, you've been my buddy for a long time. We've conducted several RPs together and I really hope that you continue to be you, because you are awesome.

Oh mate, you're making me blush :D :D

On a more serious note, i hate to see you leave, man. We have been mates for quite some now, although i must admit that we haven't had much contact the last few weeks, and you leaving is a real loss not only to me personally as player, but also for this game. Having said that, i totally understand why you would leave given the shit you and Zanz have been taking lately. I know there is nothing we can do to make you stay, but hopefully after some time off this game you will return to us, as many have done before.
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby MichaelReilly » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Aw what? Naw. I refuse to accept it. You're not leaving.

I command you not to leave. Not you man.

Come to Darnussia and we'll have a right good knees up.

Genuinely though, don't go. Can you not even just give up moderation and stay as a player?
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby IdioC » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Farsun, enjoy your breather, get the situation clarified in your mind and I hope you'll feel settled enough to come back soon when this all blows over.

MichaelReilly wrote:Genuinely though, don't go. Can you not even just give up moderation and stay as a player?

There has never been a more poignant question put to a moderator.

You can take away the arbitrations, reactivations, warnings and bans, but once you see the inside, it is a very difficult balance to make. Ex-moderators are destined to walk in limbo, seeing what should be remedied, knowing the means to administer it and yet being voluntarily powerless to do so (and yet sometimes still asked to do so by those unaware of the resignation!). It can take time to accept this.
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:46 am

Dynastia wrote:Can't you just, y'know, ban everyone who you consider responsible for this? Even if it's "unfair", it'd be far less of a hit to the game. It's only a very small and vocal minority who are trying to hound you out of here, and meanwhile the vast vast majority of players will suffer if you and Zanz leave us ; all of us RPers here on the forum need you, not to mention all those silent players who never bother to use the forums except to request reactivations, bill clearouts, nation renames, etc.

I never supported the resignation of Zanz or Farsun which appear somewhat forced (for no good reason) to me. I think Zanz was the most fair and neutral moderator since I joined.

Dynastia wrote:And I think nobody's going to be hit harder than poor old Vald, who now has the entire weight of GM duties dumped onto his lap and a screaming mob of idiots trying to force him to sign some sort of ridiculous charter of rights and institute a harebrained, unworkable, oligarchal election system.

Mob idiots? Hairbraned and unworkable system?
I'm not forcing Vald to do anything. As a matter of fact, I never mentioned it to Vald; I just said it somewhere. You're free to disagree with it, but you don't need to be insulting me, or counting me in your imaginary "mob" to try to associate me with your conspiracy theory where you claim Aquinas is trying to overthrow the moderators.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Farsun » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:18 pm

After several discussions with several players, I have decided to stay and retain my position as Moderator.

Thanks to those who showed support.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:51 am

Farsun wrote:After several discussions with several players, I have decided to stay and retain my position as Moderator.

Please never be such a Gorbachev again. Your resignation scared even those who liked you the least.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby DoW » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:06 pm

Farsun wrote:After several discussions with several players, I have decided to stay and retain my position as Moderator.

Good to hear! As someone who doesn't have the time to RP as much as I would like too (1 year olds are high maintenance, damn them), I think Particracy is much better off with you staying
DoW

Postby salve311 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:05 pm

Yey Farsun!!!!
"Rocking Solentia since 3380"
"Socio-capitalism is the way"
salve311

Postby Jalal Al-e-Ahmad » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:37 pm

What you aspire to as revolutionaries is a new master. You will get one. - Jacques Lacan
Jalal Al-e-Ahmad

Postby Rapax » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:46 pm

I figured since I'm really leaving now that I'd make this post.

I've been fired as a moderator for conducting an illegal investigation into PaleRider. I'd received numerous reports that PaleRider was rather abusive about players who had threatened his apparent hegemony in Zardugal, so using a proxy I went to Zardugal under the username of Dictator101 and the Zardic Federal Union. In the investigation I was pretending to be an older player who wanted to restore the Zardic Federation to it's glory days. I went into discussions with PaleRider who immediately PM'd me welcoming me and asking who I was and the like, this continued and eventually when I stated I wanted to change the system it become very reactionary. The conversation degraded into name-calling and the like. So in theory this was entirely true that he was abusive, because I played into being a dick as well but for the longest time I've heard reports that he immediately attempted to bribe, blackmail or otherwise bully his way into getting what he wanted.

I'll never lie, I sure as hell multi'd and it was part of an illegal investigation but for the sheer fact that I wanted to know what a newer or returning player would experience when they came/returned to the nation. So with that, Zanz was implicated and stuck up for me knowing how much the job meant to me and knowing how much I cared about the game, and took the blame as he'd already resigned. I couldn't bear with that on my conscious so I went forward and explained that I did indeed multi for the very reason that I'd told you all. With that being said, Vald told me that it wasn't right and that breaking that rule was bad. I don't disagree, I did break rules but I'm not upset because it was for the fact that I wanted to possibly warn new players if they experienced abuse to come forward. While this might all sound idealistic, it's how I am, idealistic.

Regardless, I was told that my job was being revoked and Wouter was being notified that he may pass the final judgement. I accept my fate but I wanted the community to know the reasoning behind the revocation of my Moderator status. With that, I think it's just fated that I am suppose to leave this game. OTAF will never become official now, as I'd originally planned unless someone decides to make the push for it and if people, I'll gladly stay as a guy who handles that.

It's been real guys, have fun. PT on!
Rapax

PreviousNext

Return to General