Stock Exchange.

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Stock Exchange.

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:04 pm

Perhaps we could look at real world geography and climate to figure out potential resources and apply those here?
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Farsun » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:14 pm

I made this a while back and I believe, people accepted it somewhat.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/ ... f0d85a.png
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby EEL123 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:41 am

We also need fairly concrete percentages or values. Sure, you could be a net exporter of oil, but if your share of the world market is 2%, you're not going to be able to achieve much with that. If, on the other hand, you've got something like 30%, that's different. Just listing oil exporters without values is not very useful.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Farsun » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:44 am

EEL123 wrote:We also need fairly concrete percentages or values. Sure, you could be a net exporter of oil, but if your share of the world market is 2%, you're not going to be able to achieve much with that. If, on the other hand, you've got something like 30%, that's different. Just listing oil exporters without values is not very useful.

Really? I imagined just listing them would do that! :lol: Obviously, I was just thinking perhaps we could come up with an economic RP thread where the nations who wish to participate can participate, meaning nations such as Kafuristan, Cildania and others could determine oil reserves and such? Would that be something people were interested in?
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby PaleRider » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:56 am

If we are to start assigning resources to countries we need to determine the geography of these nations. Obviously being the Arab part of Terra, Majatra would take a desert look to it correct?
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:28 pm

EEL123 wrote:We also need fairly concrete percentages or values. Sure, you could be a net exporter of oil, but if your share of the world market is 2%, you're not going to be able to achieve much with that. If, on the other hand, you've got something like 30%, that's different. Just listing oil exporters without values is not very useful.

I thought imports and exports would be determined by individual trade deals...
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby MichaelReilly » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:22 pm

Here, do you boys remember when this game was fun? :lol:
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby PaleRider » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Honestly MR makes a point, perhaps were over pushing the realism drive a bit. Let's leave some wiggle room.
Political Affiliation~ GOP (US)
Pro: Liberal Conservatism, Paleo-liberalism, Chicago Capitalism, social conservatism, neoconservative
Anti: leftist, multiculturalism, Islamic radicalism
Currently the Zardic People's Party
Starring as Wiendonia in NS
PaleRider

Postby EEL123 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:I thought imports and exports would be determined by individual trade deals...
What if the oil industry was privatised? Surely the players can't RP every single trade deal between every single company.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:33 pm

EEL123 wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:I thought imports and exports would be determined by individual trade deals...

What if the oil industry was privatised?

It doesn't matter. Whether it's the government or private sector, it has the same effect on GDP.

EEL123 wrote:Surely the players can't RP every single trade deal between every single company.

They wouldn't have to RP every deal separately. There would just be a total import and total export of each type of major resource.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

PreviousNext

Return to General