Terra Olympic?

General discussions about the Particracy web game.

Terra Olympic?

Postby Freelancer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:46 pm

I'm not sure who is the last person that handle the olympic, but I'm interest in picking it up again if there is no objection from other. Anybody that wants to help me should PM me and join International Olympic Committee (IOC) organization that I have created so we can start some planning. Anybody who just want to participates in the game should also join the IOC so that I can easily send a message to your party when the bid for the game start.

http://classic.particracy.net/vieworgan ... ionid=1966
Freelancer

Re: Terra Olympic?

Postby Darvian » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:05 am

I've thrown out my possible support in helping you on this. Perhaps you forgot? Either way, I agree with you it's a fun little event and innocent enough. Though, I'm for some stiff reforms. If I am going to partake in organizing this I'm not overly keen to allow everyone who has signed the treaty join in. Why? As we know well over half of those who have signed the treaty don't even pay attention to it. For continuity sake and activity sake, one would think if we were to kick this off with any teeth to it we ought make it a rule that before every Olympic games take off every nation who is within the Terran Olympics ought respond saying they wish to partake or they do not. So far the Olympics have automatically lumped every nation who has signed the treaty into it and in my judgment this likely has the more active nations (forums wise) a bit jaded on the whole affair. This is just my take and I could be totally off the mark. Just throwing my name in the hat with some suggestions. I'm all ears to further suggestions/reforms!
Darvian

Postby GreekIdiot » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:05 am

Well, perhaps my whole proposal has been denied? Since I have yet to receive an answer...
GreekIdiot

Postby Freelancer » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:21 am

Darvian - I haven't forget and will send you detailed PM later. About your idea, I was thinking that we should send a message on the game to each nations that ratify the treaty first, asking their government if they want to participate in the olympic or not. If they want to then I will include their nation, but if not then that is ok. They can also choose whether they want to participate in the IOC Executive Board and applying to be the host for the next olympic on the forum which means that they must be active here, but for the olympic game itself, I think a message saying yes is enough.

George - Sorry, I have test tomorrow and needs to hand in my essay on monday, but I think I could send you PM of my idea by tomorrow evening. You're already in if you want to help, but I just don't have time to send you a detailed PM yet.
Last edited by Freelancer on Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freelancer

Postby Darvian » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:28 am

Agree with you Freelancer.

George: To be honest, I don't remember your previous suggestion/comments on this. I apologize for that, care to share your thoughts?
Darvian

Postby GreekIdiot » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:19 pm

I think we need to organize ourselves a bit and then lay down the ideas and have the discussions.
GreekIdiot

Return to General Discussion