Map of Terra

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Map of Terra

Postby meritocracy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Are there any ares of Dovani or Squibble which are not currently claimed?
meritocracy

Postby GreekIdiot » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:11 pm

meritocracy wrote:Are there any ares of Dovani or Squibble which are not currently claimed?

I'd be indescribably surprised if there were.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby JuliaAJA » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:32 pm

meritocracy wrote:Are there any ares of Dovani or Squibble which are not currently claimed?

Permission to laugh? :lol:

Darvian wrote:Just as a note, there is a person (not me) working on an updated global map of Terra with all the pertinent colonies fixed properly. The big problem he is having now is compiling data for Squibble due to all the varied claims and lack of agreeable maps. Though, when he has it done I'll prod him to post it here or link to it.

Do we get to know who?

IdioC wrote:Just to help the cartographers sort out valid claims to land, can people with agreed RP details, bills for expeditions, companies established on the colony for the exploitation of resources etc. put links to game bills and forum threads concerning the land?

Anyone could come into this thread and say "that's mine and that's mine and that's mine and..." - you get the point - but help the cartos help you.

Good idea.

123abc123 wrote:THe islands and the rest of it is Jewish Terretory.

May I fix your spelling? Your worse than if it were your tenth language and it's your first. I'm one year younger than you and I spell alot better than you and in case you are not as famous as you are thought to be you are also American.

Correct Spelling wrote:The islands and the rest of it are Jewish Territory.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Darvian » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:04 pm

Does it matter who? No. The map is compiled off existing data and should end this discussion and start a new flame-war. So sit tight for the fun folks!
Darvian

Postby JuliaAJA » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:23 am

Darvian wrote:Does it matter who? No. The map is compiled off existing data and should end this discussion and start a new flame-war. So sit tight for the fun folks!

Okay, will do.
JuliaAJA

Postby IdioC » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:36 am

Darvian wrote:Does it matter who? No. The map is compiled off existing data and should end this discussion and start a new flame-war. So sit tight for the fun folks!

With all due respect, perhaps Jess could at least get in touch with that member via PM and could help with the collaboration? I've sent him an authoring file of the Timezones map I made years ago; I may have other map files lying around they might find useful if I dig hard enough.

If there's another reason for keeping it behind closed doors, I won't pry (hell, I'd be interested but it's not essential to me as I'm not running the show) but perhaps keep Jess in the loop.
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby Darvian » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:40 am

IdioC wrote:With all due respect, perhaps Jess could at least get in touch with that member via PM and could help with the collaboration? I've sent him an authoring file of the Timezones map I made years ago; I may have other map files lying around they might find useful if I dig hard enough.

If there's another reason for keeping it behind closed doors, I won't pry (hell, I'd be interested but it's not essential to me as I'm not running the show) but perhaps keep Jess in the loop.

I think you got the wrong read on me on this one. ;) It's not entirely unknown I'm given to baiting people with little cryptic terms spattered in moderation when pertinent; whether or not it's me messing with you or actually dropping some nugget is another question. That said, it isn't as if I am blocking anyone from contacting anyone else. A gentleman contacted me about the maps, in fact Jess did the same and to them both I referenced what materials I had. In the other case the player in question mentioned wanting to compile a Terra wide map; well I'm certainly not against that albeit I see the rant-fest on the horizon for such a noble undertaking. That said, he knows this thread is going on and he may have contacted some of you, maybe even Jess as far as I know. As much as I sometimes wish I could, I don't think I would if given the option control other peoples decisions. :-) Though for my part I'll make a special point to send the chap a PM about all the undue attention.

Timezones eh? Has it ever been available to the public? If not, I'd love to see it if you'd like to post it or e-mail it to me. I've seen and written RP mentioning time-zones though, I've had to be vague on the topic due to a lack of any solid information in the past. I do appreciate it.
Darvian

Postby JuliaAJA » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:10 am

The timezone map edit might take longer than the map by the other cartographer. How accurate is this map?

JuliaAJA

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Ah, Beiteynu needs to sell those colonial lands. Might as well sell the mainland too if we have the chance.
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby Jay (LDP) » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:24 pm

George wrote:Ah, Beiteynu needs to sell those colonial lands. Might as well sell the mainland too if we have the chance.

My understanding is that those colonial lands on Squibble are not actually Beiteynu's to sell.

If I'm not mistaken, Beiteynu's colonies were divided between Deltaria and Luthori during or after the Crusades occurred. I wasn't around at the time so I'm not 100% sure on the detail, but I'm quite sure that was the result. I'll take a look around to try and find out exactly what happened and give some proof to that claim.

I'll also make it known that I'm the "mystery cartographer". I didn't mean to keep it from people, I've just been too busy with other things to even read most of this thread. As a response to IdioC, I'm now in contact with Jess and we have both seen each others most recent drafts.

I need to confirm a couple of things with one or two nations before I put my map out on show - don't want to put it out early and have everyone come down on me like a pile of bricks because I've made a few mistakes here and there. That being said, the whole colonial situation is bizarre and there are various maps with completely different claims. Trying to sort through it all has been interesting and with varying amounts of success, so I'm sure there will be people who take issue with my map.
Particracy Game Moderator

Vanukese Conservatieven
Jay (LDP)

PreviousNext

Return to General