Jelbic Languages Dictionary - Updates / Requests

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Jelbic Languages Dictionary - Updates / Requests

Postby IdioC » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:25 pm

Just to bring some new Particracy Wiki pages to the collective attention:

I've moved most of my old Jelbék WIP notes to "Old High Jelbic", keeping the complete sections as they were. I plan to put in a full grammar guide in due course.

This way, the article on Jelbek is free to continue to evolve in its own way, without my incomplete notes from six years ago fouling it up.

Old High Jelbic (wiki article style so not heavy on grammar info)
Old High Jelbic Grammar - To become a quick reference - Work in Progress
Old High Jelbic Grammar/Tutorial - To become a full-on tutorial - Work in Progress

Edit: Link correction
Last edited by IdioC on Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby Polites » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:41 pm

IdioC wrote:Just to bring some new Particracy Wiki pages to the collective attention:

I've moved most of my old Jelbék WIP notes to "Old High Jelbic", keeping the complete sections as they were. I plan to put in a full grammar guide in due course.

This way, the article on Jelbek is free to continue to evolve in its own way, without my incomplete notes from six years ago fouling it up.

Old High Jelbic (wiki article style so not heavy on grammar info)
Old High Jelbic Grammar - To become a quick reference - Work in Progress
Old High Jelbic Grammar/Tutorial - To become a full-on tutorial - Work in Progress

That is a wonderful idea. I was also thinking of creating a page on Jelbic alphabets, grouping together all the writing systems for the Jelbic languages and maybe introduce a few other alphabets used in more specific contexts or communities (like a Hebrew alphabet for Jelbic-speaking Yeudis, a Syriac alphabet for Hosian Barmenians, and maybe the Old Turkic runes).
Polites

Postby IdioC » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:11 pm

Polites wrote:I was also thinking of creating a page on Jelbic alphabets, grouping together all the writing systems for the Jelbic languages and maybe introduce a few other alphabets used in more specific contexts or communities (like a Hebrew alphabet for Jelbic-speaking Yeudis, a Syriac alphabet for Hosian Barmenians, and maybe the Old Turkic runes).

Sounds good. I actually made a font for the unusual Jelbék glyphs I made ages ago. The file is probably hidden somewhere on an old hard disc...

At this rate I'll have to kick-start the Jelbictionary wiki idea I came up with in the other thread (I'll get the grammar guide done before I touch this though). The community has clearly reached the stage where the amount of detail it has generated would benefit from some clear compiling and organisation, so that future developments are easier to group and find.

Edit: ...and it would help if I didn't fudge up the link to the Grammar Tutorial above. Whoops.

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby IdioC » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:36 pm

IdioC wrote:Old High Jelbic Grammar/Tutorial - To become a full-on tutorial - Work in Progress

Right, I've got the particles explained, two example verb tables and I'm starting to explain the verb forms. The article is rapidly becoming a bit of a behemoth, so I may split it into smaller articles after it's all written.

I'd be grateful if anyone has the time to have a quick scan and think of any questions/suggestions and drop them here. I've been typing quite quickly, so having some extra eyes point out where I'm spouting garbled nonsense would be very useful!

I've even confused myself with some of the grammatical terms and had my own ignorances pointed out by a few quick wikipedia checks. To think one couldn't have a passive intransitive... hah! More fool me! :)

IdioC

Postby IdioC » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:49 pm

Right. A Milestone.

The Grammar Tutorial First Draft is completed on the Wiki: http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Old_High_Jelbic_Grammar/Tutorial.

It's a bit large and I might split it into three or four articles in future if it makes readability a problem.

IdioC

Postby IdioC » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:01 pm

New words!

Same place as before: http://www.idioc.co.uk/Jelbic.txt (most people) / http://www.idioc.co.uk/JelbicUTF8.txt (Unicode fans).

CHANGELOG:
v. 0.1.3: http://www.idioc.co.uk/Jelbic-0.1.3.txt (most people) / http://www.idioc.co.uk/Jelbic-0.1.3%20UTF8.txt (Unicode fans).

The "Feed Me" Update.
(Seriously, how can any culture not discuss what they eat? Must be seriously bad food...)

Changes:
-New Particle:
drmwa ("even if", "despite")

-Verbs:
*Grammar Expansion: Conditional form added (equivalent of using "if (this happens)...")
*2 New -jo class verbs:
Abstjo (to abandon); Tabetjo (to eat)
*2 New -mo class verbs:
Drnomo (to drink); Shrmo (to rule)

-Nouns:
*Nature (3 new)
Gumo (mouth of river); Hok (hill); Yamt (mountain)

*Animals (1 new)
Frjtri (Phoenix, "Fire bird")

*Food "Tabetbjek => Tabjek" (New Section, 8 new words):
Ple (plum); Pemo (peach); Krsk (cherry); Gohr (rice); Ump (potato); Pabr (bread); Meník (meat)*; Sàfk (fish).

*Drnobjek (drink)

*Political (2 new)
Strkai (politician "seat person"); Nrjogad (election; cf. Nrjomek "vote").

-Adjectives
Grzojogadsrlji (Happy), Srnkjogadsrlji (Sad).

IdioC

Postby IdioC » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:13 pm

Just to announce the formation of the Jelbék Knsag'adék Jezgrsko (Jelbic Language Academy).

I will put new updates in there before new dictionary versions and take language requests through the group.

Announcements will be made in the Organisation's Thread.

IdioC

Postby IdioC » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:28 pm

Something for the Jelbies.

Prototype wiki Verb Tables. Work in progress with expansions and documentation to follow when time permits...

IdioC

Postby Zanz » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:58 pm

trpjozuofetakkrzamatra

So jelbic.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby IdioC » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:34 pm

Zanz wrote:trpjozuofetakkrzamatra

So jelbic.

Technically, it should contracted to trpjozuofetak'rzamatra but I can't be arsed to go quite that far with Mediawiki syntax. Most of those forms will seldom get used but at least now it provides a less language-nerd explanation of what they mean...

...and now we've got -mo verbs too. Will provide howtos in due course for the modern Jelbic flavours to make their own verb pages. A lot of the boilerplate is removed by having set templates for both -jo and -mo with their passive and intransitive versions; you just need to bung in the stem and the translations for most now.

IdioC

PreviousNext

Return to General