Jelbic Languages Dictionary - Updates / Requests

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Jelbic Languages Dictionary - Updates / Requests

Postby Freelancer » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:10 am

The jews are mostly gone, too bad I'm now having problem with a bunch of kids who like to destroy other nation history and culture. They put Taekwando as the national sport. >_>
Freelancer

Postby JuliaAJA » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:38 am

George wrote:The Jews are gone?

No, they are just under Luthori rule. My Royal line is now in charge of Fruskila.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby IdioC » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:04 pm

It's here at last.

For those who saw glitchy characters before:
http://www.idioc.co.uk/Jelbic-0.1.0.txt
or, for the Unicode minded amongst you who had no problems before:
http://www.idioc.co.uk/Jelbic-0.1.0%20UTF8.txt

Changes:
- Garbled Character fix: Will now be released in both UTF-8 and iso 8559-15 versions.
* If you viewed old versions without problems, you want the UTF8 version. I encoded old versions in UTF8.
(NOTE: Future UTF8 versions will have UTF8 in the filename as above. Don't forget!)
* If you noticed garbled characters, you want the iso 8559-15 version.

- Verbs
* Conjugations table tidied up extensively
* Added passive forms for verbs (How the hell I missed this to begin with beats me...)
* -mo and -jo categories sorted alphabetically by Jelbic verbs.

- Numbers
* Complete redesign of section for clarity
* Explanation of Jelbic number forms with examples for newcomers to the language.

- New words : ~10.

-----

I will keep updating this version making minor revisions as words are added. v 0.2 will involve the splitting of the file into a two vocab sections (English-Jelbic and Jelbic-English) (or a "Speller" perhaps) and a Jelbic grammar guide.

...and as an Englishman, I thought Noah Webster was just a slacker who mucked up the language on the other side of the pond. Poor sod had his work cut out...

{Edit: First post link updated too for quick reference}
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby IdioC » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Contrary to the previous post, v.0.1.0 of the dictionary will be the final. Work pressures and my little issues mean I have no time to maintain it. Jelbania will be handed over to Sam while he is there - I notice a Terran Catholicism theme emerging - and here's the next stage for the language.

Languages of the same branch usually deviated from a common ancestor. I have received criticism for the lack of loanwords in the language and the seeming uniformity of the languages (bar the Brmékai who contributed themselves) from several people. There is an accuracy in these remarks but it was too soon to deal with them; I couldn't claim much for the cultural influences in the other nations not being in them myself, hence only the Brmék got variations - bar the one Pnték variant admittedly from a typo - with Jelbék having to remain pure as the original language for the others to spur from. The vocabulary's small size explains the shortage of loanwords. If you look at the proportions of loanwords in most languages (bar recent surges English additions from the age of globalisation) there were few of them compared to their core words in their infancies.

But languages didn't continue with one person throughout their life, and now having sorted out the common ancestor in grammar, form and basic vocabulary, I release authority on the family so that other people can have an input.

*The archived dictionary will be "High Jelbic" and in its final form. The words came from a mixture of sounds from the English word and the Japanese word (WWWJDIC was indispensable for this), making them sound as odd as possible. Verbs/Adjectives follow the same pattern with mo/jo or zi/ji stuck on the end.

*The grammar should be as in High Jelbic.
- Topics: Each sentence refers to either the last mentioned topic or defines a new one with "(Whatever the topic is) orzy...". The language is very contextual.
- Sentences: "Noun (case marker) Noun (case marker) Verb (suitable endings from the table, in the order in which they appear in the table)"
- Adjectives: See the notes in the dictionary.
- Counts of objects: "Noun grzy Number-ki" <--- it's odd, but like Japanese. This did start as a learning aid.

*The branched languages are now purely attached to their respective nations without my input. This way, they will develop their little differences as they adapt themselves to different cultures the nations take on. Keep a list in the wiki and don't overwrite old words or remove them, mark them as Archaic so that people can read the history of previous regimes in the nation.

...and now those with an interest in the Jelbic languages know how its done, how to continue it if they want to (if they can be arsed) and how to change it.

For all you open-source minded licensing types, this is released under the Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License.

I don't know if I'll return, I did last time after not being sure, but it depends on circumstances. Take care of yourselves, look after your own defences and so on and so forth.
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby Freelancer » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:53 pm

And it is the end of Pntek(Jelbek in Pontesi) with the rise of this: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=269385

This really sucks.
Freelancer

Postby Duke Matthus » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:38 pm

What sucks the most is that they are changing a good nation instead of going to one that does not have a really good established country. This is just disgusting to look at. :x
Long Live the Empire!!!!
And while we are at it, "Hail the Holy Britannian Empire!!!!!"
Duke Matthus

Postby Freelancer » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:19 am

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=269422

Yeah, I have just reached a new height of hate for them and their disgusting action.
Freelancer

Postby Sam » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:11 pm

Welcome to Particracy. This happens at least once every year in Deltaria, get used to it.
"The FSB finally caught him for talking shit about replacing Putin with this "Saiser" character. I'm guessing they're up to his seventh toenail by now."
- Dynastia on jethro
Sam

Postby Mr.Yankees » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:07 pm

Oh, come on, Freelancer, you do need to get used to it. As Sam said, it happens all the time. In my opinion, it makes the game interesting. If you have the same thing over and over again, it gets boring (for some people, obviously---may not be the case for you). While it is commendable that you have been able to create some sort of stability within a country for a long period of time, including a non-changing culture, it was bound to change at some point in time.

Trust me, I understand your hatred Freelancer but keep in mind that you still have some control over the country and you will probably retain control for the months to come. And you can always change all of it back to its "normal" state. And as always, who has remained in that country the longest...? Exactly. ;)
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Cold » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:46 am

Changing governments is one thing, but changing culture is a whole other thing. It doesn't make sense, it's detrimental to any attempt at piecing together a history of the nation, and it prevents any unique cultures in Particracy from flourishing without a full guard of devoted parties. Whatever happened to the Cultural Protection thing? To be honest, this seems like a perfect time to enact it.
Cold

PreviousNext

Return to General