Civil War?

General discussions about the Particracy web game.

Civil War?

Postby Jessaveryja » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:50 am

Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
Jessaveryja

Re: Civil War?

Postby IdioC » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:30 pm

Just had to bring this in...

Nation Board wrote:Caliphate Revival Party - "Well I was meaning more a trigger to kick off fighting, different ideologies can usually co-exist without killing each other."
DSPB/Demokratit Sotzialistit Miflaga - "I'm bored, isn't that a trigger."

Classic, yet perhaps accidentally profound!

My three hints:
Firstly, the OOC thread is a good step. Get a root cause agreed on (perhaps the "Pnték" are causing trouble again and one faction wants to exterminate them while the others defend them?) and then develop the story together, working slowly on raising tensions before the crucible explodes in an outbreak of violence. Not crucible in the Snooker sense. That'd be silly. Perhaps amusingly silly, but still silly.

There have been several good examples of this on the old forum in News and Information: The Rildanor Civil War which escalated globally through alliances (which bore the consensuses of the Rildanor Accord, strangely), Kirlawa's "4 Nations" era post-civil war - pester JosephJ for hints on this he was quite influential in it - and Beiteynu during the Jeztadraki split, which was in essence a Civil War mechanic.

Secondly, there are guidelines on troop numbers - use MERCENARIES in a civil war - related to public support in Rildanor and make your compatriots who don't wander onto the forums so much of it; there might be a few points you disagree on and can resolve before you get started, or perhaps mutually disagree with on a national level and so might need to agree on. Bearing in mind where the support lies in elections is also good.

Thirdly, no-one should be playing to win, but without the forewarning, some less experienced RP players do. Your side will give and receive a great deal of pain and setbacks, but even Patton and Eisenhower had bad days. Keep in constant RP discussion about figures and storylines for you to develop as a group. Propaganda posts in newspapers should have some OOC concession of the reality somewhere near (for example, admitting a false accusation in OOC terms whilst maintaining the position in IC terms).
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby Freelancer » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:18 pm

This is completely irrelevant to the topic, but I find an absolute needs to solve some player problem before he continues to ruined this game:

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=248959

I required an explanation of your childish behaviour in that threads. There is a line between IC annoyance (Caliphate Revival is good at that and I really enjoy bickering with him IC.) and OOC annoyance. If you feels an absolute needs to stroke your ego by claiming someone else as your work then fine, but don't said someone else is a liar just to increase your stature.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=248310
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=248985

Another things, if you think "pickle the Pntek goat" is a good reason for civil war then I absolutely don't want to know what is a bad RP in your mind. I see absolutely no different betweens two bills, both are stupid, both show the needs for serious backaway from particracy world and look at how it is done, and both parties that created both bills need to start using more sense.

EDIT NOTE: Hi IdioC! Would the bastard return and help us continue our campaign for reunification of Gran Tadraki? (Yes, I am bored by this too so I'm working on creating something like a Non-Aligned Movement that focus on collective security.
Freelancer

Postby IdioC » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:29 pm

Hey Freelancer, can't play at the moment, I'm just finishing my degree off so I need to work. :(

That should have gone in Moderation. The "Pickle the Pnték Goat" thing was weird, but there's nothing to stop people drawing inspiration from other nations on the military ranks thing. Sekowo's ideas are obviously high-calibre!

Personally, Freelancer, I think you've been a bit quick to get angry on the templates issue, as nations borrow ideas from each other frequently - free trade agreements seem to follow a standard template - but I can't speak on the other issues.
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby Freelancer » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:26 am

The borrowing of idea (or copy or whatever it is) is fine by me, but I just pointed to him that he should at least change the top that contain Sekowo nation name to his nation, but he then proceed to change it and then call me crazy and that it never happen. That's something I can't take, ego of someone....
Freelancer

Return to General Discussion