Terran Powerblocs

General discussions about the Particracy web game.

Terran Powerblocs

Postby Cold » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:18 pm

Axis: I've never been a supporter of the Axis, and I've never seen into their organizations. So, I'm not sure how powerful and effective it is. It's supposedly a sleeping giant that could crush any opponent, if provoked sufficiently. However, I'm sure there's reason to doubt that.

NATO: I'm fairly certain that NATO is pretty organized and powerful, but it lacks any sense of gaining power. It is adamant on keeping its neutrality, but I'm sure someone could eventually coax aggression out of them.

GPO: The GPO, from personal experience, is a very mobile and strategic force. I'm sure we've all seen how perfectly fine it is with being aggressive. Definitely powerful, with a multitude of fully-controlled nations.

---

Aside from the Big Three, there's a number of other, smaller organizations that could prove influential.

Nova Terra: While it does not control any specific nation, the return of Jethro and the growth of members could turn this group into another super power.

International Monarchist League: While this is basically a subdivision of the Axis, it still has some power of its own, with great influence on the monarchies of the world. If it decided to extend itself beyond simply deciding on the status of monarchs, and presiding over the meager defense of threatened monarchies, the IML could come to easily defeata ny of its opponents.

Comintern: The glory days of the Comintern is long gone, and aside from an occasional Worker's Party here and there, the majority of Communists have left. However, should Nova Terra rise to strength, the Comintern might find itself in a position to make a power grab.

These are just my own personal opinions. What are yours on these organizations? Are there any others who are, perhaps, hiding from the limelight?
Cold

Re: Terran Powerblocs

Postby Mr.Yankees » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:24 pm

Well, don't attack any of NATO's countries and we are fine with it. :)

NATO is the most neutral of any of the power blocks. I think we all need one like that every time to keep everyone in check. Yes, we are very organized. Now that the forums are working (have changed), we can start our RP once again. That's great news for all of us who handle military alliances.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby Cold » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:41 pm

Or Islamic Super-states. XD
Cold

Postby jethro » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:09 pm

If we have our way, Nova Terra will not remain outside your "Big Three" for long. I have no ambition to lead this spiritual successor to the New World Order, that torch has passed to the Social Darwinists, but I still intend to do everything I can to further Nova Terra's inevitable domination of the globe. Watch while the dominoes fall. All those wish to enrich themselves and earn themselves a high place in the new rising power are welcome to join Nova Terra now.

NATO I have never seen in action since they are so obsessively neutral. The problem with the Axis is that it is too loosely organized and has no centralized command structure or armed forces directly accountable to them. It has been coasting on its sheer size and vagueness of its ideas for a long time, it lacks the brazenness and centralized command structure that were the keys to the old NWO's success. The GPO sprung up soon after I left, and as yet I know little about it, but intend to learn more and would be glad if someone could fill me in. The IML is effectively nothing but a wing of the Axis, with no strong organization and a more or less complete inability to influence global matters. The Comintern is a shadow with no substance by this point, a skeleton that simply refuses to die.

Those are my opinions, at any rate. Remember, the rest of these organizations exist for some measure or another on the idea of bringing peace, stability, harmony and all that other boring crap. Nova Terra is highly organized, motivated, and exists for the simple purpose of bringing glory, power and wealth to its members at the expense of non-members, and crushing all those who would oppose Nova Terra under our boots.
jethro

Postby PresMusharraf » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:17 am

The problem with the Axis is multi-layered bureaucracy. There are many divisions of the Axis, and on paper, it is an incredibly powerful organization. However, it lacks true central power as Jethro said, and if it is not careful, may be destined for collapse.

I can't say anything about NATO. They have not proven themselves to be anything but negotiators, but I would like to see them reach outside the box and become a true power bloc.
Hobrazi Union - Hobrazia (Inactive)
Luterani Útocný Strany - Deltaria (Active)
Lutherans of Keymon - Keymon (Inactive)
Corrupt Dealings Party - Baltusia/Kabushika/Celestia (Inactive)
I miss banners.
PresMusharraf

Postby Darvian » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:53 am

PresMusharraf wrote:The problem with the Axis is multi-layered bureaucracy. There are many divisions of the Axis, and on paper, it is an incredibly powerful organization. However, it lacks true central power as Jethro said, and if it is not careful, may be destined for collapse.

That would be accurate if you were being kept in the dark or worse yet, not paying attention.
Darvian

Postby Cold » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:53 am

While the GPO's name suggests otherwise, I can assure you, we have no qualm with fighting a war for little to no reason. :twisted:

I'll let George explain the GPO fully, as he can do so much more effectively.
Cold

Postby Eldascar » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:02 am

Quite simply the Axis has fallen into a crisis like that befell the later Roman Republic.

It sheer size prevents the efficient practice of Parliamentary procedure, which leads to a inability to respond to an emerging crisis in a timely manner. A trait which is not shared by Nova Terra, which has a streamlined process that essentially allows its leader(s), as the supreme leader of Nova Terra has the go ahead to do as he see fit and the generals have the ability to muster NT to combat a crisis, to very quickly 'deal' with any potential threats.
Eldascar

Postby PresMusharraf » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:03 am

Darvian wrote:
PresMusharraf wrote:The problem with the Axis is multi-layered bureaucracy. There are many divisions of the Axis, and on paper, it is an incredibly powerful organization. However, it lacks true central power as Jethro said, and if it is not careful, may be destined for collapse.

That would be accurate if you were being kept in the dark or worse yet, not paying attention.

Apparently, the Axis has been keeping everyone in the dark. What was the latest word we've heard from the organization?
Hobrazi Union - Hobrazia (Inactive)
Luterani Útocný Strany - Deltaria (Active)
Lutherans of Keymon - Keymon (Inactive)
Corrupt Dealings Party - Baltusia/Kabushika/Celestia (Inactive)
I miss banners.
PresMusharraf

Postby Darvian » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:23 am

PresMusharraf wrote:Apparently, the Axis has been keeping everyone in the dark. What was the latest word we've heard from the organization?

More than you have, or will?
Darvian

Next

Return to General Discussion