Help with Super majority

General discussions about the Particracy web game.

Re: Help with Super majority

Postby YankeeHater » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:42 pm

Consent to the Liberal Party is a one way street. He controls 100% of the seats, allows 1 proposal per year, and set his term to max. He will not consent to changing these laws. Does that sound like a party not seeking absolute power? Get real.
YankeeHater

Postby Mr.Yankees » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:20 pm

When did it become my problem that you don't like the situation in Lodamun? Sorry but things don't go the way you want it to go all the time. Get use to it. It's called life and it is unfair.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby YankeeHater » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:55 pm

I only have a problem with the lies you broadcast to the world. Thank you for not contesting my facts.
YankeeHater

Postby Mr.Yankees » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:29 am

I don't need to argue with the facts you presented because they are correct; your interpretation of them, however, are incorrect. That's what my statement above intended to reply to.
Fighting for the people, supported by the people.
Mr.Yankees

Postby GreekIdiot » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:22 am

YankeeHater wrote:I only have a problem with the lies you broadcast to the world. Thank you for not contesting my facts.

Maybe you could present the facts from your own view? That way the humble world can see more clearly?
GreekIdiot

Postby Cold » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:45 pm

Guys, keep the hostility for roleplay. <_<
Cold

Postby jethro » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:58 pm

In politics there is no such thing as right action or wrong action. There is only actions you can do and actions you cannot do, with the ultimate goal being to increase your own power as much as possible. So, if the Liberal Party has gained the ability to take absolute control of his country and quash all opposition, good for him. It's something he can do and it's the rational thing to do. If others would like to resist him and bring him down they may strive to do so, that is an action they can do and the rational thing to do (assuming they have no intention of simply fleeing to a friendlier climate)
jethro

Postby GreekIdiot » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:24 pm

Cold wrote:Guys, keep the hostility for roleplay. <_<

Couldn't have said it better. Awesome.
GreekIdiot

Postby AngryMollusc » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:42 pm

What Cold said.

And YankeeHater, if you have it in for Mr Yankees, I suggest hunting for a player with an inactive party in Lodamun and requesting their party. Then reactive it and use its superior visibilities to win >1/2 of the seats.

Of course, you could just inactivate and head for another country.
AngryMollusc

Postby Molotov » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:18 pm

Mr.Yankees: This is already an established rule, the 'game mechanics trump RP' rule. So, your RP bill changing the requirement for a Constitutional majority is only valid as long as everyone agrees to RP it as valid. Should they wish to pass integrated Constitutional changes (like the flag, or the nation-name) and do so with two thirds even though your RP bill requires two quarters, you cannot stop the changes. The mods won't ignore game mechanics in favour of an RP bill.

Is this what you were asking? There's nothing stopping you from RPing about how the Constitutional changes are illegal, or whatever, before or after the fact.
Molotov

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion