Bleeding Hearts Lonely Nations

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Bleeding-Hearts Lonely Nations Thread - Plug 'em in 'ere!

Postby Martinulus » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:58 am

Welcome back!
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby jamescfm » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:36 pm

The moment you're all dreading arrives. Any suggestions about where I should go? Not looking for anything in particular.
jamescfm

Postby Luis1p » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:54 pm

jamescfm wrote:The moment you're all dreading arrives. Any suggestions about where I should go? Not looking for anything in particular.

MY BOI JAMES!... Canrillaise nations are very quiet ;) Looking to start a Canrillaise Federation if interested.
Luis1p

Postby toro42 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:08 pm

Luis1p wrote:
jamescfm wrote:The moment you're all dreading arrives. Any suggestions about where I should go? Not looking for anything in particular.

MY BOI JAMES!... Canrillaise nations are very quiet ;) Looking to start a Canrillaise Federation if interested.

Welcome back James! We need you in the Canrillaise countries (maybe even in Lourenne) :).
toro42

Postby Wu Han » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:19 pm

toro42 wrote:
Luis1p wrote:

Welcome back James! We need you in the Canrillaise countries (maybe even in Lourenne) :).

or, or, or, you can come back to Indrala and really fill this thing up (though we're hardly a "lonely nation")! we need you at Kaizhou National University, publishing cultural research again
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby ReformedEndralon » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:22 am

Telamon has been very inactive for the last 30 years or so and we could do with some parties of any flavour. RP wise there have been some changes to the constitution, removing the Manrick Union with Kazulia, perhaps some traditionalists would wish to challenge that.

In essence Telamon is currently a one party state, albeit one led by a party that is committed to liberal democracy. The governing Republican Party favours a minimal state, a reduced government role and has rapidly created a mixed market economy (heavily favour the private sector in business). This could provide fertile ground to any type of economically left-leaning party seeking to fight against recent changes in the structure of the Telamese economy.

Alternatively the Republicans are a "pacifist" party in as much as they're committed to creating a conventional military and perhaps there could be a backlash from more authoritarian elements supportive of an aggressive foreign policy.

Sticking with foreign policy, the Republicans are "internationalist" to an extent, having recently made it easier to get a passport and for foreigners to travel to Telamon. Perhaps we could have an isolationist reaction against these policies, or perhaps an even more internationalist party could come along as the Republicans have so far failed to address restrictive legislation on immigration and refugees.

Where else are there gaps? Oh yes, the Republicans are pro-exploiting natural resources, making it easier to fish, allowing whaling and private forestry companies. A Green Party would be good.

On social and religious issues the Republicans haven't really made any changes yet. Telamon is a "progressive" and "permissive" nation, so a socially conservative party wanting to change current progressive social policies would be welcome, alternatively I would be happy to become a socially conservative party and be challenged by a progressive party.
ReformedEndralon

Postby jamescfm » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:16 am

Telamon was the last country I played in and, while I enjoyed it, I'm looking for something new. Indrala is simply too full. I'll have a look at the Canrillaise nations and see which one looks most appealing :)
jamescfm

Postby Luis1p » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:35 pm

8-) :P :P :P
Luis1p

Postby Occam » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:46 am

ReformedEndralon wrote:Telamon has been very inactive for the last 30 years or so and we could do with some parties of any flavour.

Prepare for the Progressive Party. I don't speak icelandic, so I'll need the occasional help. But I hope together we can bring some life to Telamon.
Permanently gone.
Occam

Postby Dazinho » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:01 am

Here in Vorona we're undergoing quite a transformation, particularly in the economy.

It's not been universally popular and supporters of the Communist Party (who previously ruled with the Progressive Workers Party) have protested against certain 'free market' type changes while the parties themselves seek to block and then immediately undo them.

Much of what the State ran has been wholly or partially privatised - this has enabled tax cuts and to get the national budget somewhere near balanced, although there is still much work to do.

My hope is the forgotten country of Vorona will start to punch above its weight economically - of course the people are the judge of our record and I suspect the next election is key to how that plays out.
Dazinho

PreviousNext

Return to General