Operation: Particracy Wiki (Questions and Discussion)

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Questions concerning the Wiki - Pose 'em in 'ere!

Postby Duke Matthus » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:32 am

Does anyone else have an issue with the wiki where it freezes almost instantly as soon as you go on it. Not just particracy, but any wiki. I am using Chrome. It is to the point where I can't even work on the site.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
And while we are at it, "Hail the Holy Britannian Empire!!!!!"
Duke Matthus

Postby Farsun » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:51 am

Duke Matthus wrote:Does anyone else have an issue with the wiki where it freezes almost instantly as soon as you go on it. Not just particracy, but any wiki. I am using Chrome. It is to the point where I can't even work on the site.

Which are you using? The old MonoBook style or the new style?
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Duke Matthus » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:42 am

Don't know. I just click on any wiki link and it appears like it always has. Just freezes up on me now.
Long Live the Empire!!!!
And while we are at it, "Hail the Holy Britannian Empire!!!!!"
Duke Matthus

Postby toro42 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:27 pm

I am trying to create an election infobox, but it won't do anything beyond displaying turnout and party names and colors. What's wrong?
toro42

Postby jamescfm » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:50 am

Could somebody more able than myself possibly connect the small question mark box by Kizenia's name on the Nation Page to its wiki page?

Much obliged.
jamescfm

Postby Aquinas » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:14 pm

jamescfm wrote:Could somebody more able than myself possibly connect the small question mark box by Kizenia's name on the Nation Page to its wiki page?

Much obliged.

I must confess I'm similarly incompetent, James! :) It is possible to redirect the page, but I've tried and failed to do this before. Hopefully one of our experts here can assist...
Aquinas

Postby toro42 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:35 pm

I believe you'd have to name Kizenia's wiki page identically to the nation name. :P
toro42

Postby Kubrick » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:22 pm

What you are looking for is a redirect page, so you make a page with the game nation name and then go to classic editor and paste this: #redirect [[New Endralon]]. BUT the current name of New Endralon with the [ ] in it gives an error on Wikia so you can't make the redirect page. Once the nation has been renamed I'll fix it.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby jamescfm » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:56 pm

Kubrick wrote:What you are looking for is a redirect page, so you make a page with the game nation name and then go to classic editor and paste this: #redirect [[New Endralon]]. BUT the current name of New Endralon with the [ ] in it gives an error on Wikia so you can't make the redirect page. Once the nation has been renamed I'll fix it.

Ahh okay. Thanks for the help.
jamescfm

Postby Aquinas » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:07 am

To cut a long and complicated story short, Particracy Moderation is now the sole Bureaucrat on the Particracy Wikia. Farsun no longer holds any official position there.

The plan is that Moderation will not be generally involved with the Wikia on a day-to-day level, leaving that task to a small team of volunteer Admins. Admins will be appointed on the same basis as RP Team members. ie. Formally speaking, appointments/reappointments will be made at the beginning of each Cultural Era.

Reddy has already been appointed an Admin, so please begin bombarding him with your Wikia questions (sorry Reddy :P). We are hoping to announce a few more appointments soon.
Aquinas

PreviousNext

Return to General