Operation: Particracy Wiki (Questions and Discussion)

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Questions concerning the Wiki - Pose 'em in 'ere!

Postby Maxington » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:04 am

From what i know, the wiki pages are free to be edited by anyone residing in the nation. (Once you don't wipe the wiki page or troll the wiki page). Contact Polites for more information. He is moderator of the particracy wiki. He will most likely guide you through this better than i can.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby jamescfm » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:45 am

Auditorii wrote:Hey, quick question regarding the wiki. Pages are free to be edited by anyone residing in the nation right? We do not need to seek approval of other players to edit the wiki?

I wanted clarification if this had changed or was a new policy of the Moderation team or the Wiki team.

Edit: I also think it goes without saying that the information edited is pertinent and relevant to the topic.

As long as the information is accurate, you can edit whatever pages you like (with the obvious exception being the home page). Personally, I've adopted the rule that if I'm concerned about whether I should update/edit a page, I ask myself how I would explain the change if I was challenged. For example, if I decided to update a nation's page to include the most recent head of state, it would be easy to justify- that individual won the election and the result is recorded within the game mechanics. Generally, though, Maxington is right that as long as you're not trolling or deliberately posting false information, you'll be fine. :D
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:52 pm

Whats the policy on title pages on the wiki? I thought that they had to be in English unless no reasonable English-based translation was possible or the word had/has notoriety in that language?
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Polites » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:18 pm

Auditorii wrote:Whats the policy on title pages on the wiki? I thought that they had to be in English unless no reasonable English-based translation was possible or the word had/has notoriety in that language?

That is true, titles need to be in English, with reasonable exceptions, such as words that don't exist in English or things more widely known under their native name. We tend not to make a big deal out of it though, the point isn't to enforce uniformity as much as to make articles easy to find and titles easy to understand.
Polites

Postby Auditorii » Mon May 08, 2017 1:37 am

http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Templa ... party_test

I've finally been able to merge over the full political party template, so for anyone wishing to have a fuller or more editable political party template I've managed to do it. I intend to move it to Infobox political party full when I'm done doing some edits to it. However, it looks great.

http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Dorvis ... list_Party

You can see it in use there!
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: Wiki Discussion and Queries

Postby PepeTheFrog » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:49 pm

Would someone like to update the wiki page for Jelbania? I have poor wiki creation knowledge and a lot of the info there is outdated :P
Supreme Chancellor of The People's Democratic Republic of Jelbania
PepeTheFrog

Postby Auditorii » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:27 pm

PepeTheFrog wrote:Would someone like to update the wiki page for Jelbania? I have poor wiki creation knowledge and a lot of the info there is outdated :P

Traditionally the case, I would advise doing some digging and write it up!
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby PepeTheFrog » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:32 pm

Auditorii wrote:
PepeTheFrog wrote:Would someone like to update the wiki page for Jelbania? I have poor wiki creation knowledge and a lot of the info there is outdated :P

Is it like writting a page on Wikipedia? That, I know :D
Supreme Chancellor of The People's Democratic Republic of Jelbania
PepeTheFrog

Postby Auditorii » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:33 pm

PepeTheFrog wrote:
Auditorii wrote:

Is it like writting a page on Wikipedia? That, I know :D

Yeah the Particracy Wikia is essentially the same thing as Wikipedia just running different software and obviously dedicated to Particracy. You can check out my Dorvik articles for template, ways to style your articles. You can find templates here: http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Partic ... (Templates)

If you have further questions once again, check out my Dorvish pages and you can model them off of them!
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:31 am

Auditorii is right: if you're new to the wiki and not sure about formatting etc. then the easiest thing to do is just copy templates from other pages and change the actual information.
jamescfm

PreviousNext

Return to General