Operation: Particracy Wiki (Questions and Discussion)

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Questions concerning the Wiki - Pose 'em in 'ere!

Postby Aquinas » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:22 am

Malivia and Tukarali, which you mentioned, are worth considering. Remember the cultures of the nations can evolve, so long as it is done in a realistic fashion. See section 6 of the Rules for more information on the rules surrounding culture and how to change the Cultural Protocols of a nation.
Aquinas

Postby Zongxian » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:07 pm

Aquinas wrote:Malivia and Tukarali, which you mentioned, are worth considering. Remember the cultures of the nations can evolve, so long as it is done in a realistic fashion. See section 6 of the Rules for more information on the rules surrounding culture and how to change the Cultural Protocols of a nation.

Tukarali was supposed to be, at its core, a "Southeast Asian nation" with various influences from its surroundings; and there was a strong admiration towards the Gao-Showan systems (think of it like how Japan embraced Westernization). More than anything, there was a big influence of Singapore. Sangon, the capital, was basically Singapore city. "Brazilian" elements were also introduced, in part from Gadurido's influence, and also as I worked on the very tropical nature of the nation, which is populated by many rainforests.

But... my own time in Tukarali was fractured, despite having implemented the nation's first ever cultural protocols. And I was often (that's probably an understatement) faced with non-RPing players. This opened up Tukarali to its current state, which is very close to being a Portuguese clone.
Zongxian

Postby Polites » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:55 pm

knizar wrote:I would like to contribute to this article ---->http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Orang_Asli.

However, before I start, I need to know whether the Orang Asli is a subgroup of the Asli which are based on RL black Africans or are they based on the RL Minangkabaus which is a subgroup of the RL Indonesians. I am stating this fact as most of the content of the article on Orang Asli is lifted from the Wikipedia article "Minangkabau People".

I also would like to play a country based on RL South East Asia namely Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand. However I have not found any yet. Can someone point me to the country I am looking for?

I also think that some cultures are over represented. However, I understand that the cultures are continually evolving due to the changes players make. Seeing "Malivia : Indonesian" and Tukarali : Asian with Portuguese influence" in here ---> viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6365 gave me false hope.

I am wiling to play in the country which still gives me a tiny bit of hope though.

Check my response on the talk page for the Orang Asli article. In short, the Asli are an African ethnic group, but the Orang Asli are not, the similarity in name being the result of an OOC misunderstanding.

Also, Malivia is supposed to be a Malay-speaking Hindu nation, which is sadly not reflected in the current Cultural Protocol (where the RL equivalents of the demographic categories are not specified). The Malay/Indonesian character of Malivia is more visible in the old Cultural Protocol.

So currently Tukarali and Malivia are the South-East Asian countries you can play in, the former with East Asian and Portuguese influences and the latter with German influences and Hinduism as its religion. Those influences sadly seem to obscure the core character of the two nations, to the point that Tukarali has become a Portugal/Brazil clone and Malivia a carbon copy of India (when it is not RPd as a purely German nation).
Polites

Postby Wu-Shaoxian » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:11 am

Hey just wondering is it normal for the Wiki page of a Particracy nation to be outdated? Because the history section for Yingdala seems a little outdated based on current cultural protocols and all.
疑古派/Yigu Faction of the Da Yingdala Tianchao (The Celestial Empire of Great Indrala)
自由進歩党/Liberal Progressives of the People's Republic of Sekowo
Wu-Shaoxian

Postby Polites » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:21 am

Wu-Shaoxian wrote:Hey just wondering is it normal for the Wiki page of a Particracy nation to be outdated? Because the history section for Yingdala seems a little outdated based on current cultural protocols and all.

It's pretty much the norm for wiki pages to be outdated, sadly. If you need help updating Indrala's wiki page, don't hesitate to ask.
Polites

Postby Wu-Shaoxian » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:59 am

Polites wrote:
Wu-Shaoxian wrote:Hey just wondering is it normal for the Wiki page of a Particracy nation to be outdated? Because the history section for Yingdala seems a little outdated based on current cultural protocols and all.

It's pretty much the norm for wiki pages to be outdated, sadly. If you need help updating Indrala's wiki page, don't hesitate to ask.

Oh, ok I see. Thanks for the explanation!
疑古派/Yigu Faction of the Da Yingdala Tianchao (The Celestial Empire of Great Indrala)
自由進歩党/Liberal Progressives of the People's Republic of Sekowo
Wu-Shaoxian

Postby Farsun » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:57 pm

I apologize for anyone who enters into the "Recent Changes" for the PT Wiki, I have found some nifty tools for Bureaucrats on the wiki that permits me to mass categorize (yay!) so do not mind them!

Wiki-it up ladies and gents!
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby Farsun » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:12 pm

For reference everyone...

Please do not delete pages on the wiki that are previous iterations of a government, especially when they contain information about the government at that time.
Farsun

Lourenne Senate-Assembly Page Trouble

Postby toro42 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:20 am

I am having trouble editing the Lourenne Senate-Assembly page. It's not letting me use the Visual editor because it claims there is a non-existent complex code.

Signed,
Jewell Stillman
Head of State
Lourenne
toro42

Re: Lourenne Senate-Assembly Page Trouble

Postby Farsun » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:20 am

toro42 wrote:I am having trouble editing the Lourenne Senate-Assembly page. It's not letting me use the Visual editor because it claims there is a non-existent complex code.

Signed,
Jewell Stillman
Head of State
Lourenne

Unsure if you're still playing but I answered your question on your Talk page on the Wiki.
Farsun

PreviousNext

Return to General