Operation: Particracy Wiki (Questions and Discussion)

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Questions concerning the Wiki - Pose 'em in 'ere!

Postby MichaelReilly » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:28 pm

May I shamelessly plug my First Narik War article and recommend it for featured article?
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby Zanz » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:39 pm

MichaelReilly wrote:May I shamelessly plug my First Narik War article and recommend it for featured article?

http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Partic ... _Narik_War ;)
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Aquinas » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:43 pm

Zanz wrote:
MichaelReilly wrote:May I shamelessly plug my First Narik War article and recommend it for featured article?

http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Partic ... _Narik_War ;)

War reports aren't really my thing, but I agree that's deserving of being featured. Well-written, well-presented, detailed maps. For someone to have been bothered to go to all that effort, one could almost be forgiven for thinking this war actually happened :lol:
Aquinas

Postby Polites » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:29 am

The Narik Wars articles are probably the best articles on the wiki, at least among war reports. But, since shameless self-promotion seems to be the MO here, I'll recommend my own article on Yazdism (http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Yazdism).
Polites

Postby EEL123 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:50 am

Alright, I'll do my bit of "shameless self-promotion": http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Majatran_War

No maps, I'll admit, but hey, it's detailed (others might say just plain verbose though).
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby EEL123 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:56 am

Whilst imbibing the self-glorifying nostalgia, I noted a few errors which I had to correct. :oops:
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Zanz » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:09 am

Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Aquinas » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:11 am

EEL123 wrote:Whilst imbibing the self-glorifying nostalgia, I noted a few errors which I had to correct. :oops:

lol that's something I'm always doing as well!

But while we're all shamelessly plugging ourselves, I'm working on Ibutho's wiki at the moment. Still very much a work-in-progress and not finished, but I hope one day it will be deemed deserving of being featured.

And for anyone who is interested, here is my original wiki for the Feline Homeland of Barmenia. Now long out-of-date, but I'm proud of it anyway.

Moving on from self-promotion, for sheer thoroughness/detail I want to recommend the pages Alain Delors did when in Dranland for the Grand National Party and Rally for the Republic. For anyone with an interest in Dranish history, those pages are a must.
Aquinas

Postby EEL123 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:21 am

Aquinas wrote:I'm working on Ibutho's wiki at the moment. Still very much a work-in-progress and not finished, but I hope one day it will be deemed deserving of being featured.
I think that your Ibutho stuff is very promising. Once you finish it, I will go and nominate it (barring a fiasco in the latter part of the article), unless someone gets there first.

Aquinas wrote:I want to recommend the pages Alain Delors did when in Dranland for the Grand National Party and Rally for the Republic.
I think that the GNP page is great, but while the RfR page has no lack of detail, its near-total lack of organisation would, to my mind, rule out its nomination.

Zanz wrote:http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Partic ... jatran_War
Thank you. :D
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby EEL123 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:30 am

I've nominated the GNP page, opening my nomination with "The Grand National Party (Dranland) page is an excellent specimen of a wiki article on internal political RP which demonstrates the potential of that form of RP." I was tempted to write instead that "The Grand National Party (Dranland) page is an excellent specimen of a wiki article on internal political RP which serves as a resounding rebuke to those who mistakenly believe that only assassinations, explosions, genocides and other mind-numbing orgies of senseless violence are of any RPing merit." But I thought that that might be a little too nasty.
Last edited by EEL123 on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
House of Razama
EEL123

PreviousNext

Return to General