Operation: Particracy Wiki (Questions and Discussion)

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Operation: Particracy Wiki (Questions and Discussion)

Postby Auditorii » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:41 am

For those of you who are not on Discord or have not been following recent trends. Fandom has continued to degrade and has continued to increase ads and other negative features that has generated a lot of negative press. Fandom started as a great project to bring wiki access to numerous communities and fandoms around the internet, now it has become not that. We've begun the process to moving to Miraheze, we previously did this once before but the project fizzled out and never took off, that wiki was deleted and we've had to begin anew.

We'll import and move on from there, images won't be imported however so that'll be a process going forward. I should also note that it will require some work to ensure templates and the like are re-worked.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: Operation: Particracy Wiki (Questions and Discussion)

Postby jamescfm » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:17 pm

On behalf of Polites and myself, I want to provide a short update on the status of the Particracy Wiki. Last month, Auditorii made the decision to move away from the existing Fandom wiki to a newly created wiki on the platform Miraheze. Auditorii made this decision without discussing it with me or Polites, the two other administrators on the wiki. As a result, we do not have administrator rights on the new wiki and we have not been kept updated on the progress of the transition. In view of Auditorii’s departure from the game, it appears unlikely we will be able to use the Miraheze wiki he created.

Polites and I have spoken to both GreekIdiot and the game’s creator Wouter about the situation. As of this morning, we have given GreekIdiot administrator rights on the Fandom wiki. Although we recognise Fandom has made changes that degrade the user experience, it is not currently practical to transition to a new platform. At least for the short term, we encourage players to continue to edit the existing Fandom wiki. In the coming days and weeks, we will discuss the best approach to the wiki moving forward and we welcome player feedback as part of this process. If you have thoughts about whether we should transition to a different platform, or how that transition should happen, please do share these with us.
jamescfm

Previous

Return to General