Operation: Particracy Wiki (Questions and Discussion)

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Questions concerning the Wiki - Pose 'em in 'ere!

Postby Reddy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:37 pm

I'm not sure if this is the place for the question but does anyone else feel it's a little off having Kafuristan as basically the centre of Ahmadism (holy city of Helem) despite it being the Abadi heartland of Terra. In RL that would basically having Mecca/Medina somewhere in the Shia Crescent and with Shia being a smaller sect than Sunni that would be odd. Perhaps Kafuristan should be Queranz instead of Abadi?

OOC: I know it's fairly easy to convert a country's religion ala Egelion or in RL Iran in the 16th century under the Safavids, especially given that Kafuristan doesn't even have cultural protocols but I thought I sound out opinion first.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby EEL123 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:11 pm

I'm not familiar with the religion all of Kafuristan, so I'll just take what you're saying on trust. In which case, it is fairly bizarre, and probably should be corrected. Unless we want to keep it deliberately as a bit of an esoteric novelty.
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby Farsun » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:45 am

Help Wanted

The Particracy Wiki is looking for new dedicated members of the Wiki Staff. Please contact me through PM on the forum with your experience with wiki'ing and what long-term interest you have in becoming a member of the Particracy Wiki staff. This is a serious commitment, we need to clean up the Particracy Wiki.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby LNRulez01 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:03 pm

Reddy wrote:I'm not sure if this is the place for the question but does anyone else feel it's a little off having Kafuristan as basically the centre of Ahmadism (holy city of Helem) despite it being the Abadi heartland of Terra. In RL that would basically having Mecca/Medina somewhere in the Shia Crescent and with Shia being a smaller sect than Sunni that would be odd. Perhaps Kafuristan should be Queranz instead of Abadi?

OOC: I know it's fairly easy to convert a country's religion ala Egelion or in RL Iran in the 16th century under the Safavids, especially given that Kafuristan doesn't even have cultural protocols but I thought I sound out opinion first.
EEL123 wrote:I'm not familiar with the religion all of Kafuristan, so I'll just take what you're saying on trust. In which case, it is fairly bizarre, and probably should be corrected. Unless we want to keep it deliberately as a bit of an esoteric novelty.

Having played in both Kafuristan and Badara for many years, it is true that work on the Ahmadi faiths is far from finished and still needs much work (which is a mea culpa on my side). I must say that although Ahmadism is based on RL Islam, it differs on some points. For one, the relationship between the Queranz and Abadi branches of Ahmadism has been less violent/more friendlier then the one between Sunnies and Shias so there are no tensions between them (at least it has never been roleplayed like that). Secondly, there is not one place that is deemed the holiest place/city for Ahmadism. You have Helem in Kafuristan (the location where Ahmad ascended to Heaven (he died and is buried there), as well as the alleged burial site of Eliyahu), then there are Bab al Mira in Badara (not sure why it is deemed holy to be honest) and Yishelem in Beiteynu. If there was to be one place that is holiest in Ahmadism it should be located in Barmenia/Barmenistan as that is the birthplace of Ahmad and where one of the Holy Spirits revealed the Book of Bliss to him. The only problem with Barmenia is that it is now the home of Felinism (not sure if that is still true) which would be problematic for the Ahmadi's.

Having said this, please feel free to add to the work for Ahmadism and its branches. It is badly needed :D
- It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal,engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Sun Tzu, 6th century BC
LNRulez01

Postby Reddy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:37 am

Ah ok, I now understand why Ahmadism is the way it is.

As for helping out on developing Ahmadism, I have a question there. When I want to say establish RL Hanafi Sunni Islam as the predominant IC Jelbic Islamic school of thought, do I have to first consult every single player in the Jelbic world or do you just write up on the wiki and then wait until someone challenges it? :mrgreen:
Reddy

Postby Reddy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:17 am

Hmm I'm guessing my initial suspicions were correct.
Reddy

Postby Reddy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:55 am

Hmm I'm guessing my initial suspicions were correct.
Reddy

Postby MichaelReilly » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:00 pm

Farsun wrote:Help Wanted

The Particracy Wiki is looking for new dedicated members of the Wiki Staff. Please contact me through PM on the forum with your experience with wiki'ing and what long-term interest you have in becoming a member of the Particracy Wiki staff. This is a serious commitment, we need to clean up the Particracy Wiki.

Bump for this.

I'm useless at it, so would be good to get some people in who are good players.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby Farsun » Tue May 12, 2015 6:02 pm

Once again opening up recruitment for the wiki, please only those wishing to work, let me know. I'm going to break it down into a few categories of jobs that you can apply for.

Templates and Template Applications :: This person will be charged with applying templates to posts and handling requests for new templates from the community, they will be charged with editing national pages and ensuring that the current template information is up to date.

Categories and Hierarchy :: This person will be charged with properly organizing the myriad of categories and category hierarchies throughout the wiki and managing new pages that are created with proper categories.

General Information and Operations :: This person will be charged with updating the featured articles, handling new applicants for future articles, promoting good articles as well as ensuring that pages are moderated and edits are proper and valid. Ensures that vandalism does not occur and overall is concerned with the well being of the wikia.

Please, if you wish to apply for any of these positions drop me a pm and let me know what you're interested in and what experience you have with the wikia and your wiki username.
Farsun

Postby Farsun » Wed May 13, 2015 5:28 pm

I appreciate the few people who have reached out, I'll be responding shortly with response. Please, continue to apply if you are interested.
Farsun

PreviousNext

Return to General