Operation: Particracy Wiki (Questions and Discussion)

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Questions concerning the Wiki - Pose 'em in 'ere!

Postby Farsun » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:12 pm

Afrocentric wrote:
Farsun wrote:I'd like to make mention that any information you place on the wiki is permanently there, that means any personal information or details will remain publicly there until wikia itself explodes or the internet dies. Thus I do highly recommend that you do not do this, I will not delete historically important articles because you posted personal information. Thanks!

People are posting their SSNs and Credit Card Info?

No, their actual names and other private information. It cannot be removed.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby JuliaAJA » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:39 pm

My actual name is Jess-Avery Julius Affentranger and I do not care who knows.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Zanz » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:51 pm

Jessaveryja wrote:My actual name is Jess-Avery Julius Affentranger and I do not care who knows.

Jess, you rebel.

But I see Farsun's point, and he's doing his duty as Wiki Admin in reminding people that the decisions they make today may haunt them later in life. It's silly to blatantly broadcast your personal information online, we have no idea who may be watching, whether it be future employers, etc.

I for one have played some interesting parties whose views would be difficult to explain OOC. No need to associate my real name with that stuff.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby Farsun » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:53 pm

Zanz wrote:
Jessaveryja wrote:My actual name is Jess-Avery Julius Affentranger and I do not care who knows.

Jess, you rebel.

But I see Farsun's point, and he's doing his duty as Wiki Admin in reminding people that the decisions they make today may haunt them later in life. It's silly to blatantly broadcast your personal information online, we have no idea who may be watching, whether it be future employers, etc.

I for one have played some interesting parties whose views would be difficult to explain OOC. No need to associate my real name with that stuff.

Agreed.
Farsun

Postby Farsun » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:19 pm

I'm going to inform everyone here that I intend on appoint new wikia administrators, it's been sometime since any formal structure has gone into the wikia and I think now is the time. With that, after giving them advanced notice and asking if they wanted to do it, I am appointing (if they accept):

Polites and Michael Reilly (Quinidie on Wikia) to the position of Administrators of the PT Wikia. With this, I am hoping to increase the oversight of new articles and be able to focus on other more serious projects with the wikia and bringing it up to be on par with other games wikias. I really hope that they accept and if anyone else who avidly works on the wikia is interested, please let me know and I will take it under consideration.
Farsun

Postby Farsun » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:00 pm

They have both been appointed upon their acceptance of the position.

Also, with this new reinvigorated staff and muse, I plan on launching a massive reforming campaign and ensuring that some sort of standardization goes into the wiki.
Farsun

Postby MichaelReilly » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:05 pm

It is pretty much common sense what you put on, but you should be extra careful since once it's on the wiki, it's there for eternity. Although to be honest, anyone semi-literate with computers could find my facebook account, youtube account and email address with just 5 minutes of looking; not that I'm bothered since I'm already friends on facebook with half the guys on here.

Also, in regards to a massive wiki cleanup and standardisation, it is definitely something that is needed. The scale of the thing now has meant it is beginning to become neglected and is just far too big to keep on top of.
Down with this sort of thing
MichaelReilly

Postby Farsun » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:43 pm

http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_countries

If everyone that frequents this topic updates that, it would be greatly appreciated. I'll continue to work on it, but it's something that'll take a lot of time and effort. Follow the format of the first four and you should be golden!

I also created a new nation template that we can use and if it gets popular support, I will gladly ensure that it becomes standard:

http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Country - the actual template page (protected)
http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Country/doc - the information page
http://particracy.wikia.com/wiki/Templa ... ry/sandbox - testing of the template
Farsun

Postby IdioC » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:57 pm

The stuff I put up there 5 years still stops me scoring.

(Seriously, if that's a useful Jelbic alphabet, I'd dread to see the handwriting...)
What is that weird Jelbék language what I types with me computer buttons?

"Kae orzy sedrijohylakmek, megàmojylakjek, frjomimek. Kaerjoshu zri? Afrkmojad firja, Kae grzy Zykhiko ajozuo zri?"
IdioC

Postby Dynastia » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:29 pm

There are still mentions of the Kennedys in the wiki. If I get an act of Damnatio Memoriae passed in Deltaria, can I purge him from the wiki?
Dynastia

PreviousNext

Return to General