Partyicracy Wiki directors?

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Partyicracy Wiki directors?

Postby Farsun » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:19 pm

For the longest time I've noticed people have come and freely edited the wiki's of their nation, and that is a great thing. However, when a new person/party comes into power or comes into the nation they sit there and sometimes systematically dismantle the wikis. I understand that sometimes players have a new vision for their nation but it's heart breaking to see. I wanted to know if we, as a community, could unite and appoint perhaps nation-based directors of the wiki so one player is responsible for just their nation and the edits made and general direction of the wiki.

I love wikis, I think they are a fantastic place to teach people the history of a nation and an awesome compendium of knowledge relating to nations, the game and wars. Anyone with me?
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Re: Partyicracy Wiki directors?

Postby MrBean111 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:41 am

I have similar concerns...for example Vorona is completely absent of a wiki page because so many past governments have come to power and erased the pages to put in their own writings or in this case of Vorona no writing at all. Vorona itself has a great history dating back to being a Deltarian colony to being Catholic/Vatican city like state to the protestant revolution in the early 2700s and the rise of the House of Bavoria etc; you have to go to former Vorona party wiki pages to get find about this instead of just going to the main page. On the actual Wikipedia I see that former states usually have their own pages while the main national page has the modern demographics, history etc, and info on the current government and I think we should adopt something like this.

We do have the National Identity Builders organization that helps perserve history on the wiki but with few active members several of the organization's agenda points have not been finished.
The Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
"Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets"
MrBean111

Postby Farsun » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:17 am

I agree entirely, it sucks that we don't have people who are committed. I didn't know that group existed and I'd love to join, however perhaps if we appoint a person from each nation to oversee the Wiki's of each nation and expand them, we can help start a new trend.
Farsun

Postby MrBean111 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:32 am

Yes the organization link is here:
http://classic.particracy.net/vieworgan ... ionid=1852

We had a lot more active members earlier in the year but sadly many of gone inactive. We have done a good job on updating Trigunia's wiki page with credit to Graachus and Zardugal's pages have been improved (they now have an infobox found at the end of many national wiki pages). Much more can be done however. I occasionally branch out to edit other nations though I am only one person. The problem I see with appointing people is firstly who will do the appointments and secondly the question arises if we can really find a person from every nation to act as a supervisor to their nation's wiki because many nations are one-party, isolationist/inactive states. I think if we could possibly give the NIB a boost of energy we could set up committees of players designated with working on wiki pages and doing research. A committee on Artania, Dovani, Seleya, Keris etc to identity nations in need and improve them.
The Imperial Crownlands of Greater Hulstria
"Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets"
MrBean111

Postby Farsun » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:39 am

MrBean111 wrote:Yes the organization link is here:
http://classic.particracy.net/vieworgan ... ionid=1852

We had a lot more active members earlier in the year but sadly many of gone inactive. We have done a good job on updating Trigunia's wiki page with credit to Graachus and Zardugal's pages have been improved (they now have an infobox found at the end of many national wiki pages). Much more can be done however. I occasionally branch out to edit other nations though I am only one person. The problem I see with appointing people is firstly who will do the appointments and secondly the question arises if we can really find a person from every nation to act as a supervisor to their nation's wiki because many nations are one-party, isolationist/inactive states. I think if we could possibly give the NIB a boost of energy we could set up committees of players designated with working on wiki pages and doing research. A committee on Artania, Dovani, Seleya, Keris etc to identity nations in need and improve them.

That sounds like a great idea! I'm all for it, I'll be returning to Dorvik and shaping up their wikia again.
Farsun

Postby UniSocAll » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:56 pm

I would also be inclined to helping the NIB. I'm working on Ikradon's wiki, even though I am now active in Gaduridos (one-party nation), which is where I am also adding and working on it's wiki page. I'm all up for joining the NIB and helping where, and how, I can.
[IAN] International Airwaves Network [IAN]
Like Music To Your Ears | Connecting Communities

Alliance of Terran Republics
UniSocAll

Postby Farsun » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:11 pm

I agree, it's slowly but surely going to take off. Hopefully.
Farsun

Postby Xanathos » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:57 am

I'm glad to say I've joined the NIB!
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' " -Ronald Reagan
Xanathos

Postby Farsun » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:28 pm

YAY! Were gaining steam here MrBean.
Farsun

Postby Afrocentric » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:49 pm

I've joined the NIB as well.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive