Economic Protocols

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Economic Protocols

Postby EEL123 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:29 am

What do the mods think of this: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4870?
House of Razama
EEL123

Postby elryacko » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:18 am

...isn't the current exchange rate system broken?

Don't Panic
elryacko

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:37 am

The Karavs launched something that allows all nations to be compared. It will always be up to date. Remember, it was done ICly, which is why I used BEL instead of LOD. Anyone is free to make an LOD version, but what does it really matter? If everything is in 1 currency, regardless of which currency it is, it works to allow comparison.
Farsun wrote:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AleiEe4YHb35dDN5UDB6UWVuZlpIbjRSZ1MzTjlPY1E
I've taken the liberty and updated the economic information, including current national GDPs, LOD GDPs and defense %s and budgets in LOD.

How often is this updated? And only Defense and budgets are there. Since players cannot commit to projects like this, I ensured that mine has a "Refresh" feature that takes 30-120 seconds to update all the information, so you don't have to use a sheet that hasn't been updated in over 4 days (2 years in-game). You can check almost anything, and the nations are ranked for each thing you check: GDP, total government spending, spending in each ministry, etc. (Check it out yourselves and see what it's missing; the only thing it's missing is Corporation Tax)

elryacko wrote:...isn't the current exchange rate system broken?

I don't think the rates change anymore, but the rates are still in effect, IC.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Afrocentric » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:27 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:The Karavs launched something that allows all nations to be compared. It will always be up to date. Remember, it was done ICly, which is why I used BEL instead of LOD. Anyone is free to make an LOD version, but what does it really matter? If everything is in 1 currency, regardless of which currency it is, it works to allow comparison.

It matters because LOD is the currency in which we rank nations on economics. They're considered to be the standard given the strength of their currency.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Siggon Kristov » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:30 pm

Afrocentric wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:The Karavs launched something that allows all nations to be compared. It will always be up to date. Remember, it was done ICly, which is why I used BEL instead of LOD. Anyone is free to make an LOD version, but what does it really matter? If everything is in 1 currency, regardless of which currency it is, it works to allow comparison.

It matters because LOD is the currency in which we rank nations on economics.

Regardless of which currency is used, the ranking would remain the same, as long as everything is converted to that currency.
As I said... Anyone is free to make an LOD version.

For whoever is interested in the BEL version, which serves the same purpose, feel free to download it.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Opakidabar » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Which nations are established in Terra as a tax havens or offshore financial centers?
Opakidabar

Postby Jalal Al-e-Ahmad » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:20 am

Baltusia certainly is at this point.
What you aspire to as revolutionaries is a new master. You will get one. - Jacques Lacan
Jalal Al-e-Ahmad

Postby CanFly » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:06 am

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but... Can anyone tell me what is wrong with Talmoria's economy? We can't possibly not make any money from taxes at all. All I see is zero, zero, zero,zero, zero, zero, zero, zero.. It's quite depressing actually...
Call me Eagle!

(Controller of House Nordenburg/Neuhaus of Talmoria)

Indrala: Inactive
Dankuk: Inactive
Keymon: Inactive
Talmoria-Aslistan: Active
Hawu Mumenhes: Inactive
Cobura: Inactive
CanFly

Postby Polites » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:20 am

The countries that were last added to the game, meaning Sekowo, Lourenne, and Talmoria do not have functioning economies. They also do not show on the world map.
Polites

Postby CanFly » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:40 pm

Aww bummer.
Call me Eagle!

(Controller of House Nordenburg/Neuhaus of Talmoria)

Indrala: Inactive
Dankuk: Inactive
Keymon: Inactive
Talmoria-Aslistan: Active
Hawu Mumenhes: Inactive
Cobura: Inactive
CanFly

PreviousNext

Return to General