Resources of Terra

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Resources of Terra

Postby MapleUnity » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:46 pm

Lookin back on it, maybe not the smartest idea :? . I don't know, it wasn't so much a RP law type thing, as it was simply in case somebody wanted to use it for something. Just an idea ...
The Great Legacy of the Fournes Lives On in Likatonia
Likatonijas Republika -- Republic of Likatonia
MapleUnity

Postby Farsun » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:54 pm

by law I mean commonly accepted by the community, not like OMG YOU HAZ TO FOLLOW IT. Of course people are going to be like "No, that's wrong because my nation is the best out of everyone and they are unstoppable." People like that are just dumb and have confidence issues, but for the most part people here are intelligent human beings that if the community forms a sort of unwritten agreements...they typically abide by it.
Dorvish Social Nationalist Party
OOC Administrator of the Artanian Union & Bureaucrat of the Particracy Wiki
Farsun

Postby JuliaAJA » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:50 am

MapleUnity wrote:Nations Oil Rating Mineral Rating
Cildania BB+ C

Cildania is a mountainous island, I would expect more oil and minerals. I as well would expect that Cildania would have probably depleted most of it's minerals while still having it's industries. The oil would probably be very abundant off the coast yet due to environmental and labour regulations, an abundance of farming, and the threat of piracy would not be very important. Cildania's major industries are agriculture, trade, and tourism. Cildania's few mineral resources are primarily aluminium, silver, titanium, and gold.
Cildania AA CCC
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Amazeroth » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:12 am

Farsun wrote:by law I mean commonly accepted by the community, not like OMG YOU HAZ TO FOLLOW IT. Of course people are going to be like "No, that's wrong because my nation is the best out of everyone and they are unstoppable." People like that are just dumb and have confidence issues, but for the most part people here are intelligent human beings that if the community forms a sort of unwritten agreements...they typically abide by it.

That's not what I meant. But commonly accepted will mean OMG YOU HAZ TO FOLLOW IT if you want to RP with anybody else. This is not about some kid declaring his nation to be the best and unstoppable, this is about a small group of people telling everybody what resources their nation has. Until now, resources have never been a problem in international RP - this kind of stuff was either not found important or regulated via consensus of those affected by the RP. So there really isn't any use regulating, except to be able to tell players in other nations how they should RP according to your list.

I don't want to say that your intention is to be the one telling everybody how they should RP, but this will invariably go in this direction.
Eines Tages traf Karl der Große eine alte Frau.
"Guten Tag, alte Frau", sagte Karl der Große.
"Guten Tag, Karl der Große", sagte die alte Frau.
Solche und ähnliche Geschichten erzählt man sich über die Leutseligkeit Karls des Großen.
Amazeroth

Postby UniSocAll » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:33 pm

Amazeroth wrote:So there really isn't any use regulating, except to be able to tell players in other nations how they should RP according to your list.

I don't want to say that your intention is to be the one telling everybody how they should RP, but this will invariably go in this direction.

I agree too, I mean, if this was an organisation or 'agreement' between specific states regarding RP rules, that could work better, but I really don't think a few players on the forum should seek to establish community rules regarding resources for all of Terra. Of course, it is still your right to consent (or not) to an RP where the other player may or may not be claiming an exorbitant amount of different resources.
[IAN] International Airwaves Network [IAN]
Like Music To Your Ears | Connecting Communities

Alliance of Terran Republics
UniSocAll

Postby MapleUnity » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Sure, okay, makes sense. Think of this not as regulations then, or anyone trying to regulate anything else, just a tool so people to lazy (like me :D ) won't have to spend hours looking into everyones natural resources
The Great Legacy of the Fournes Lives On in Likatonia
Likatonijas Republika -- Republic of Likatonia
MapleUnity

Previous

Return to General