The Great Religion Retcon Project

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: The Great Religion Retcon Project

Postby Polites » Thu May 10, 2012 7:40 pm

I really have absolutely no information about the Gnosticans, so if you want, you can update the wiki yourself. What religious group would they belong to?
Polites

Postby Fred » Thu May 10, 2012 10:48 pm

Small point, but the "Luthori Patriarchal Church" is (a) effectively defunct (and has been since 2440), and (b) should be listed as part of the Selucian Universal Church, not the Patriarchal Church. When not RPing the leader of the SUC, I RP as the SUC in Luthori, which is the remnants of the "Luthori Catholic Church" which united with Selucia in 2440, and the former Clavial Arch-Episkope of Oalapo is the present Papa.
Fred

Postby Martinulus » Thu May 10, 2012 10:54 pm

I still don't understand why you refuse to accept the Hosian retcon, really.
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Postby Fred » Thu May 10, 2012 11:03 pm

Simple. I don't like it. I increasingly don't like the direction the retcon has taken, in fact.
Fred

Postby Martinulus » Thu May 10, 2012 11:11 pm

Fred wrote:Simple. I don't like it. I increasingly don't like the direction the retcon has taken, in fact.

Why? Because we're being original, whereas you just changed 4 letters in the name of the central figure? Look, we're trying to establish a consensus here. I think people would be prepared to listen if only you explained why you don't like Hosianism!

Martinulus

Postby Fred » Thu May 10, 2012 11:22 pm

Martinulus wrote:
Fred wrote:Simple. I don't like it. I increasingly don't like the direction the retcon has taken, in fact.

Why? Because we're being original,

You're not being original, though, and having a go at me is not going to induce me to join your little project.
Fred

Postby Polites » Thu May 10, 2012 11:24 pm

Fred wrote:
Martinulus wrote:

You're not being original, though, and having a go at me is not going to induce me to join your little project.

I really don't want anyone to get the feeling that something is being imposed on them, but if you use an entirely different retcon for what is the same religion will only serve to confuse. This is supposed to be a community project, and if you don't like where it is going, then offer your input and criticisms. Otherwise, we will be left with the non-sensical situation where the same religion has two different names and founders. In other words, who the heck is Yeshu Chrest, and what is his relation to Eliyahu?
Polites

Postby Martinulus » Thu May 10, 2012 11:37 pm

Fred wrote:
Martinulus wrote:

I think writing a new, original Creed (arguably borrowing somewhat from Nicea, I grant you that, but not that much), entire Bible passages, adjustments to rituals and some new theological concepts (as Polites did with Hiding) counts as original, but perhaps we disagree on that. I'm not trying to bait you, just trying to find out what the hell it is you've got against all the stuff we've been doing.

Martinulus

Postby SelucianCrusader » Fri May 11, 2012 6:15 am

EdwardBishop wrote:The leaders of the so-called Selucian Patriarchal Church, see here: http://classic.particracy.net/vieworganization.php?organizationid=2739 believe in very unorthodox theology such as: "Lion Emperor and the Christian God are the same"/ "that feline species are not only descendants of the Moon, but also by the Lion Emperor that lives in the Sun and reveals himself to all the peoples of Terra each day" - this is not the legitimate successor to the Selucian Catholic Church (see above)
You are confusing my organization with my party, which is a secular organization for crusaders in Barmenia. Also, using that argument, you should consider the leader of the "SUC" to be even worse, as his party isn't even Selucian ((Catholic)). The guy has invented his own religion, and turned the organization to another club for IML anti-reformists, without any consensus among the members of the organization on it.

And this is precisely why I won't comply with Fred's attempt to take over our State Church. That last edit of the wiki page on religions was incorrect, the so-called SUC isn't part of Hosianism. Moderation needs to take disciplinary action against those big ego's who staunchly refuse to comply with the new reforms of the rules, and create dissension among the players. There is no "Yesu Chrest", and there is no "Chrestianity". Copies of RL-religions are not suited for this game.
SelucianCrusader

Postby Polites » Fri May 11, 2012 12:54 pm

Yes, I know that the SUC does not accept Hosianism and follows its own retcon, but I am still hoping that everyone will accept a universal retcon eventually.
SelucianCrusader wrote:Moderation needs to take disciplinary action against those big ego's who staunchly refuse to comply with the new reforms of the rules, and create dissension among the players. There is no "Yesu Chrest", and there is no "Chrestianity". Copies of RL-religions are not suited for this game.

Technically, the SUC complies with the new rules on religion, and there is no rule concerning the amount of originality one has to put in Particracy religions. I am still waiting to see what are the specific objections of Fred to Hosianism, and maybe we can all reach a compromise. Of course, in order for that to happen, anyone that has objections has to express them, beyond just stating their dislike of how the retcon is going.
Polites

PreviousNext

Return to General