Helpful Files

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Helpful Files

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Here they are:
Particracy Templates

The Read Me text file is useful.
I hope community members find these handy.

Last Update: July 7, 2012
Last edited by Siggon Kristov on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Re: Helpful Files

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Thanks to zlopado, I was able to fix an error in the "Party Control" spreadsheet. If you have been experiencing problems, just download the file again (I updated it).

There are other calculation sheets that you can use as well.
Find all of them here.

So far, the most positive feedback has been about the Rildanor Calculator.

If you have been experiencing any more problems, just message me.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat May 05, 2012 2:14 pm

I updated the Party Control Spreadsheet as well as the Budget Spreadsheet.

The Budget Spreadsheet has been optimized with some features based on Economic Protocols.

You can find everything here: Click...
Remember to get your Rildanor Calculator as soon as possible!
Wars may start, and you don't wanna be left out ;)
Siggon Kristov

Postby Fred » Sat May 05, 2012 3:44 pm

The new budget calculator is really cool, SK, as is the Rildanor calc. Great stuff! Thank you for taking time to do this. :)
Fred

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun May 06, 2012 1:27 am

Thanks for appreciating my work.

I had done the budget calculator when I was in Indrala.

I did the other calculators since being in Beluzia.
They were all to help me with Beluzia, but I decided to share them.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:01 pm

I just updated the files again (June 2,2012). Find them here: Particracy Spreadsheets
There are now 7 files. There were only 4 before. All 4 have been updated, and 3 new files have been added.
A Read-Me file is available for lightly detailed information on how to use each file, but I can go more in-depth with you if you're not too used to Excel/spreadsheets (Just message me).

--

Beluzia Accord Calculator
Use this to calculate the size of your nation's military, and paramilitaries, if you want them to be based on election maps.
Update: Added graphics and allowed regions to allow comparison between regional, instead of only party, militaries.

Budget Template
Use this to tabulate your nation's budget and get reports on your nation's economic health. You can also weigh budget proposals against the existing budget.
Update: Graphics added to enhance reports.

Currency Converter - NEW!!!
Use this to convert in-game currencies, based on their weight against the LOD (it would take too long for me to enter the comparison for all the currencies, so I use the LOD for everything, and the rates are pretty close to what they should be).
Simply enter the nation IDs in the converter, and enter the amount of money you want to convert.
For example, if you want to convert Rutanian currency to Beluzian currency, just enter Rutania's nation ID (6) and Beluzia's nation ID (9) and enter how much you want to convert.

Davostag Accord Calculator - NEW!!!
Use this to calculate your nation's military size if you want it to be based on voter turnout.

Party Control (Federalist Variation) - NEW!!!
Use this to tabulate party voting power, as well as its dominance in each region. Whereas in the Unitarist variation, you would enter the total number of seats, in the federalist variation, you enter the number of seats won in each region. There are seating plans provided for each regional legislature, an addition to the one provided for the federal/national legislature.

Party Control (Unitarist Variation)
Use this to tabulate party voting power by entering the total number of seats won in an election.
Update: Added graphics representing a 180-degree seating plan for the legislature.

Rildanor Accord Calculator
Use this to calculate your nation's military size by basic recognized standards.
Update: Added 3rd column to represent total troops.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Okay, I made adjustments to all the spreadsheets.

I definitely overhauled the Rildanor Calculator and the Currency Converter.
Check them out as soon as you can.

You can find them here.

I would appreciate some feedback, even some constructive criticism.

For the Currency Converter, you can select the nations, by their names, from a drop-down menu instead of using the Nation ID.
Currencies.JPG
Currencies.JPG (74.51 KiB) Viewed 2420 times

For the Rildanor Calculator, you can now enter percentages to divide your military into infantry, navy, air force, etc.
Rildanor.JPG
Rildanor.JPG (83.48 KiB) Viewed 2423 times
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:29 am

I realised the files had a common problem:

To prevent players from typing in a cell that a formula belongs in, I locked the cells and protected the spreadsheet, so players could only touch some cells. This was after a player entered things in the wrong slots right before messaging me to complain that the spreadsheet was broken. Unfortunately, I forgot to cut down on the restrictions, like editing column width. USers of the Rildanor Accord wouldn't have a problem with the column width, but all other spreadsheets had widths that couldn't be adjusted. I fixed that just now. If you go back on and download the files again, you'll see they're working perfectly. I added the in-game year to the file names so you can see when they were last updated. So far, everything is dated to the year "3337" except the Rildanor Accord. The Currency Converter should change more often, since I expect players to join and get their nations involved.

Yes, I overhauled the Currency Converter (again).
From now on, you can select which trade currencies to base the conversion on. You'll understand once you start using it. Everything was once based on the LOD, but the World Trade Centre changed that, so you can convert currency based on BEI rates now. Here are all the nations that played along:
Lodamun Dollar (LOD)
Beitenyu (BEI)
Beluz (BEL)
Selucian Nikan (SEN)
Kafur/Kafuristan (KAF)

--

Seriously, check out the currency converter. All nations are listed on it, but if you want your nation to be listed as a currency source, where your nation has "authority" to value other currencies, just sign up here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4691
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Gaduridos on the Currency Converter; RP Has Effect

I updated the currency converter to include Gaduridos as one of the bases for the International Resource Centre.
You can get the latest copy (updated to the year 3356) now.

The latest copy allows RP to play a role.
Did I just say "role play plays a role" ?
Yes, I don't know how else to explain it.

I updated the converter to reflect economic sanctions. For example, there is an embargo between Beluzia and Solentia. Solentian currency has been made somewhat "illegal" in Beluzia; the government signed a treaty to reject Solentian currency.

Because of this, if you try to convert Solentian currency in Beluzia, it won't work, because Beluzia no longer accepts or values Solentian currency:
Embargo Example 1.JPG
Embargo Example 1.JPG (74.95 KiB) Viewed 2254 times

But that doesn't stop other nations. Maybe Solentian currency can't be used in Beluzia, but you can convert Solentian currency to Beluz currency (and vice versa) in nations that accept both, like Kafuristan:
Embargo Example 2.JPG
Embargo Example 2.JPG (75.93 KiB) Viewed 2256 times

If your nation is one of the bases for the International Resource Centre network, please inform me of any economic sanctions so that I can apply them to the spreadsheet.
Siggon Kristov

Postby JuliaAJA » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:19 pm

The currency converter is not working for me. I use LibreOffice. It has some functionality in Google Docs though I have to enter the nation ID myself.

Edit: I have figured out how to make it all of it work except for the nation and bank selector things.
Edit2: Might help to be more specific. I click on the nations and bank and it merely inputs their names into B2, C2, and D2.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Next

Return to General