Helpful Files

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Helpful Files

Postby JuliaAJA » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:58 pm

J94CK wrote:I've just realised I have a message saying that because I only have a starter version of Excel it wont load macros or something? :shock:
And I know for a fact its not updating for me either. :cry:

That is the same thing that Excel Starter does to me.
Siggon Kristov wrote:As for these... I need moderators to add certain things to the econ protocols, or start developing "Military Protocols" so we know how much Defence spending and Tech spending are appropriate for what. They should set prices (in LOD) for routine expenses (maintenance of tanks, battleships, etc.), and maybe troops' equipment.
I could integrate it into the spreadsheet if they did so. I think multiple players (federalist11, Farsun, EEL, etc.) have called for something like this before.
I think, that with my most recent project, the development of EEL's NPI could be much easier, with a user-friendly interface.

I go by percentage of GDP though military protocols would make more sense.
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:58 pm

Jessaveryja wrote:
J94CK wrote:I've just realised I have a message saying that because I only have a starter version of Excel it wont load macros or something? :shock:
And I know for a fact its not updating for me either. :cry:

That is the same thing that Excel Starter does to me.

Go in the "Data" tab in your ribbon/toolbar (the menus at the top of the screen) and click "Refresh All" if you see it. It should work.
Jack, do the drop-down menus work?

--

Jessaveryja wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:I could integrate it into the spreadsheet if they did so. I think multiple players (federalist11, Farsun, EEL, etc.) have called for something like this before.
I think, that with my most recent project, the development of EEL's NPI could be much easier, with a user-friendly interface.

I go by percentage of GDP though military protocols would make more sense.

Percentage of GDP would make sense in determining the type of government that rules (for example, the DPRK's Juche ideology), but again, what about nations with low GDPs?
Japan military spending is a very small percentage of their GDP, yet they have one of the best-funded militaries in the world, as opposed to North Korea where their military spending is a high percentage of their GDP, but compared to other nations, it isn't that much because their GDP is small.

When I was thinking Military Protocols, I was thinking that certain things (tanks, missiles, battleships, etc.) should have certain "price tags" for maintenance, so that nations with low Defense spending wouldn't be able to afford certain equipment.

For nations with privatized militaries, the cost should be less (to suggest that most costs aren't borne by the government).
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby JuliaAJA » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:34 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:Go in the "Data" tab in your ribbon/toolbar (the menus at the top of the screen) and click "Refresh All" if you see it. It should work.

There is not a data tab in Starter.
"Microsot Excel Starter 2010 does not support programmable content."
I am going to ask LibreOffice people about it.
JuliaAJA

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:52 am

Jessaveryja wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:Go in the "Data" tab in your ribbon/toolbar (the menus at the top of the screen) and click "Refresh All" if you see it. It should work.

There is not a data tab in Starter.
"Microsot Excel Starter 2010 does not support programmable content."

I'm not talking about programmable content. The Data tab has nothing to do with macros.
I just researched it myself, and there is a way to refresh data in Starter.
The macro "Refresh Button" that I designed is just a shortcut to the button. While Excel Starter doesn't allow the shortcut (the macro) to work, there is a way to refresh data. Some tabs may be hidden, so check if the Data tab is hidden.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/star ... 74501.aspx
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:57 pm

J94CK wrote:All I have is 'Home', 'Insert', 'Page Layout', and 'Formulas'.

Oh. I think the article says it refreshes it every time you open it, then. Close it, if it's open now, and open it again. Tell me what month and year you see.

J94CK wrote:Then obviously I'm going to make big cuts to the budget and to make things realistic privatise most things that are state-owned.

Let's see how this turns out... 8-)
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:23 pm

J94CK wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:
J94CK wrote:All I have is 'Home', 'Insert', 'Page Layout', and 'Formulas'.

Oh. I think the article says it refreshes it every time you open it, then. Close it, if it's open now, and open it again. Tell me what month and year you see.

August 3463.

Why do you people use these things? :shock:
Siggon Kristov

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:35 am

Zanz wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:New Categories...
I made some new categories in the Macro-Economics spreadsheet:
- Inflation
- Recession

--

I'll soon upload the new version which takes these things into account.

I just uploaded the most recent version. Feel free to download it as soon as you can.
I've added things which expose nations that cheat to have high GDPs. According to Economic Protocols, you should avoid having debt exceed 5% of your GDP.
If this gets enough recognition, I will:
- possibly make an LOD version, or a version that allows you to pick a currency
- talk to Wouter about using inflationary and recessionary figures to alter currency values in my currency converter

Out of curiosity, how long ought I wait on the refresh feature? It's sat at "Not Responding" for roughly 5+ minutes now.

EDIT: Hmm. Just as I posted this it timed out on refreshing info from nations id number 6+ because the "connection took longer than the allotted time."

This just happened to me with nations id number 3+.
Apparently, the site was moving a little slow. I tried refreshing it again, immediately, and it worked.
Siggon Kristov

Postby JuliaAJA » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:15 am

Siggon Kristov wrote:Why do you people use these things? :shock:

My laptop only came with Office Starter. On principle, I object to paying for software which can be had for free. Financially, I cannot afford Office just for this.
JuliaAJA

Postby JuliaAJA » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:21 pm

J94CK wrote:
Jessaveryja wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:Why do you people use these things? :shock:

My laptop only came with Office Starter. On principle, I object to paying for software which can be had for free. Financially, I cannot afford Office just for this.

Same. I don't use excel anyway so I'm definitely not going to pay for the full version for one Particracy economics file.

We need to pressure LibreOffice developers to improve compatibility with Excel documents.
JuliaAJA

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:13 pm

Jessaveryja wrote:We need to pressure LibreOffice developers to improve compatibility with Excel documents.

Especially regarding online sources of data. That comes in really handy.
Siggon Kristov

PreviousNext

Return to General