Helpful Files

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Helpful Files

Postby Dozzer » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:I just uploaded the most recent version. Feel free to download it as soon as you can.
I've added things which expose nations that cheat to have high GDPs. According to Economic Protocols, you should avoid having debt exceed 5% of your GDP.
If this gets enough recognition, I will:
- possibly make an LOD version, or a version that allows you to pick a currency
- talk to Wouter about using inflationary and recessionary figures to alter currency values in my currency converter

The link doesn't work anymore.
Dozzer

Postby Siggon Kristov » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Dozzer wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:I just uploaded the most recent version. Feel free to download it as soon as you can.
I've added things which expose nations that cheat to have high GDPs. According to Economic Protocols, you should avoid having debt exceed 5% of your GDP.
If this gets enough recognition, I will:
- possibly make an LOD version, or a version that allows you to pick a currency
- talk to Wouter about using inflationary and recessionary figures to alter currency values in my currency converter

The link doesn't work anymore.

You're using a link from a series of quotes between Zanz and I, and those quotes were made long before I last updated the spreadsheet. I had updated the original post, where that quote was taken from, over a week ago, with the current link.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby JuliaAJA » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:26 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:
Jessaveryja wrote:We need to pressure LibreOffice developers to improve compatibility with Excel documents.

Especially regarding online sources of data. That comes in really handy.

They are slow to help.
http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/ ... rom-excel/
Joined Particracy on: December 18, 2008
Click here for my versions of Siggon's spreadsheets.
JuliaAJA

Postby Siggon Kristov » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:54 pm

I tried to develop an import/export section of the spreadsheet.

For it to work, 2 nations would have to agree to a trade deal (a bill would have to be passed in each of the 2 nations), then submit the passed bill to moderation like you submit renaming requests or cultural protocols.
Moderation would then update a locked thread (meaning only Moderation could access it) on imports and exports. Unfortunately, I don't think tables can work in the forums. If anyone can find a way to get tables to work, please let me know.

It would only need 3 columns: Exporter | Importer | Value
The "Value" column just tells the value of the goods being traded. The spreadsheet won't be concerned with anything else.

For example, if Beluzia was importing 10,000 LOD worth of Arms every year, Moderation would add this to the table:
Deltaria | Beluzia | 10000
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby SelucianCrusader » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:00 am

Either I don't understand how the spreadsheet works, or it doesn't seem to be update, amirite?

Siggon, what would you say about my economic policies in Mordusia? :D
SelucianCrusader

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:44 am

SelucianCrusader wrote:Either I don't understand how the spreadsheet works, or it doesn't seem to be update, amirite?

Did you click the Refresh button to update it?
SelucianCrusader wrote:Siggon, what would you say about my economic policies in Mordusia? :D

I viewed the stats/rankings in LOD:

It's economy is considered stable; it doesn't have any unnecessary inflation or recession.
This means that the government returns almost all the money that it takes out of the economy.

I like how you have no income tax. Everything is supported by sales taxes.

Your government spending is less than 20% of your GDP, so you're considered Laissez-Faire by economic protocols. How did you pull this off? Even though your government spending is a really low percentage of your GDP:
You're in the top 25 for Foreign Affairs Spending.
You're in the top 5 for Internal Affairs Spending.
You're in the top 15 for Defence Spending.
You're in the top 25 for Justice Spending.
You're in the top 25 for Food/Agriculture Spending.
You're in the top 15 for Environment/Tourism Spending.
You're in the top 25 for Trade/Industry Spending.

You're in the bottom 5 for Science/Technology Spending.

Choose 2 nations for me to compare to Mordusia, and I'll screenshot it.
Siggon Kristov

Postby SelucianCrusader » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:28 pm

Yes, I clicked he refresh button. I'm using the Particracy Macro-Economics.xlsm found in your signature.

Could be my computer being evil to me because I haven't got the full version of Excel. strange though, as it seems to have worked previously.

You could compare it to Selucian and Dranland. :)
SelucianCrusader

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:42 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:You could compare it to Selucian and Dranland. :)

Mordusia is in the middle:
A piece of the pic may look cut-off in the forums. You can drag it into a new tab to see it entirely.
Siggon Kristov

Postby SelucianCrusader » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:14 pm

Think I solved the problem. The refresh button doesn't work for me. The information is from 3463. Think it's because I don't have the full Excel version, and it doesn't seem to work with Openoffice.

Nice! :)
SelucianCrusader

Postby Siggon Kristov » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:18 pm

SelucianCrusader wrote:Think I solved the problem. The refresh button doesn't work for me. The information is from 3463.

I think Data connections only work for those who have the full version of Excel.

If the community desires, I can refresh it myself and frequently update the link for those who can't refresh it themselves.
I just wish there was a way to embed it somewhere online, so everyone could have easy access to it.
Siggon Kristov

PreviousNext

Return to General