Helpful Files

Talk and plan things about the game with other players.

Re: Helpful Files

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:54 pm

CanadianEh wrote:Is there any way someone can do this for Baltusia? The program will not download for me.

Has anyone ever listed which nations are 1st, 2nd & 3rd World/Developed, Newly Developed & Developing Nations? I have imagined Baltusia as a 2nd world notion similar to Columbia, Argentina or Brazil.

All the nations are almost equal.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby CanadianEh » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:55 pm

Siggon Kristov wrote:
CanadianEh wrote:Is there any way someone can do this for Baltusia? The program will not download for me.

Has anyone ever listed which nations are 1st, 2nd & 3rd World/Developed, Newly Developed & Developing Nations? I have imagined Baltusia as a 2nd world notion similar to Columbia, Argentina or Brazil.

Based on government spending?
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby Siggon Kristov » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:57 pm

CanadianEh wrote:
Siggon Kristov wrote:

Based on government spending?

Based on GDP per capita.
Check out my latest Particracy project, and feel free to discuss it in the forums.
Siggon Kristov

Postby CanadianEh » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:18 am

What about government spending?

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby Afrocentric » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:13 am

The problem is that any ranking would have to based on the economic, military and social parameters of each nation. We can't do economics because everybody is "equal" on paper excluding Keymon who has a smaller population and Talmoria and Lourenne who have fucked up economies due to a bug. The military part of the equation can be calculated, but the player base is the biggest obstacle. In order for us to really get this part down, the community has to accept their nation isn't the biggest, most powerful nation on Terra and judging by the events of the last 2 weeks, this isn't going to happen any time soon. Finally, it's damn near impossible to calculate the social part (literacy rate, mortality rate, access to clean water, etc.) because it's not defined at all by the game.

Urban Party of Kirlawa, Kirlawa - Inactive
Democratic Reform Party, Talmoria - Inactive
Labour Party, Saridan - Inactive
Urban Party of Rutania, Rutania - Inactive

http://www.soundcloud.com/djtechnotikofficial
Afrocentric

Postby Siggon Kristov » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:03 am

CanadianEh wrote:What about government spending?

The Potential GDP (per capita) of every nation is roughly equal. If all nations maintained a balanced budget (not too much deficit or surplus), a higher government spending would just mean lower consumption, and a lower government spending would just mean higher consumption.

Afrocentric wrote:The problem is that any ranking would have to based on the economic, military and social parameters of each nation.
Yup. EEL and I realised this.

When he tried to do things based on rankings (like top 10 nations would be Category A, and the next 10 would be Category B), I was against it because the difference between the bottom member of Category A and the top member of Category B was marginal, being smaller than the differences between the bottom member of Category A and the other members of Category A. The labels would seem arbitrary.

Afrocentric wrote:We can't do economics because everybody is "equal" on paper excluding Keymon who has a smaller population and Talmoria and Lourenne who have fucked up economies due to a bug.

Keymon's economy is small because Keymon is small, but Keymon's economy is still strong, which is different issue.

Afrocentric wrote:The military part of the equation can be calculated, but the player base is the biggest obstacle. In order for us to really get this part down, the community has to accept their nation isn't the biggest, most powerful nation on Terra and judging by the events of the last 2 weeks, this isn't going to happen any time soon.

While we can't say different nations have different levels of strength, I was hoping we could use budgets to RP different types of societies (which can matter). A nation that spends more than X% on Food & Agriculture could be an agrarian society and a nation that spends more than X% on Defence could be a militaristic society.

Afrocentric wrote:Finally, it's damn near impossible to calculate the social part (literacy rate, mortality rate, access to clean water, etc.) because it's not defined at all by the game.

Agreed here. Like you said, it's really up to the players and they seem unwilling.
Siggon Kristov

Postby CanadianEh » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:09 am

I'm completely willing to RP a nation that is not essenatially totally modern in all ways of life. From my understanding Baltusia was based off of farming way back when and that's an important industry while there are some business centres where quality of life are higher the more rural areas of Baltusia tend to be a bit less connected and more Conservative.

That's why I would RP Baltusia like a South American nation that has a few business centres with out laying suburbs while other parts are more focused on agriculture. Brazil & Columbia fit the bill especially Brazil all I would do is minus the drugs, I have RPed Baltusia as a very Liberal but internally peaceful nation.

CanadianEh

Previous

Return to General